Time For Some Fun

My Idiot Boyfriend

 

Italics = 3rd person P.O.V.

Normal font = 1st person P.O.V.


 

Chapter 3:

 

-

SungYeol walked into the apartment after wiping his snow covered footwear on the welcome mat outside. He took his shoes and coat off and placed them in the closet. He called Maiara’s name out, but no response was given.

 

‘She’s probably asleep,” He thought, feeling a twist of guilt in his stomach.

 

He set his bag on one of the stools near the kitchen counter and flicked the light on. He started rummaging through the refrigerator trying to search for supplies to make Maiara imitation sushi. She liked it when he tried.

 

Pushing his dark fringe out of his almond shaped eyes, he sighed in frustration. Maiara’s fridge was devoid of food. The only thing in there was a small container of sliced cucumbers that she used for her eyes and a half-full carton of soy milk.

 

‘You need to go shopping Mai,’ He shook his head and turned back around to the counter. He shut the refrigerator door with his foot.

 

“What is this?” He finally spotted the note she left him and a Nerf gun beside it.

 

He lifted both items in his hands and began reading the note.

 

‘Since when does she spell ‘you’re’ as your?’ He thought as he scratched the back of his head.

 

Realization hit him hard as he heard a popping noise from behind him. Before he had the time to react he had been shot and pinned down on the tile.

 

 

“Mai! What the hell?!” He shouted, trying to unlatch me from his back.

 

“SungYeol, this is how we’re going to settle things,” I said in a hushed tone. “The first person to get hit three times has to switch their personality to the others’ for the rest of the day. You’ve already been hit once.”

 

I rolled off of him and ran off towards a safe place. Most likely he was still completely confused about what had just occurred, but soon he would snap out of it and come after me.

 

“Ya! What is this about?!” He stomped into the bedroom I was hiding out in.

 

I rolled my eyes. He was seriously just a walking target.

 

Idiot

 

I jumped up from behind the bed and aimed right at his forehead. The suction cup end of the dart stuck onto his milky white skin and I let out a laugh. He just glared at me and aimed.

 

Crap!

 

I ducked and rolled on the floor, secret agent style, and booked it down the hallway. I could hear his hurried footsteps on my tail and I jumped for a pillow as my shield. I heard a popping sound as the dart shot out of the gun. I bounced off of the pillow and I dropped it to hide out behind the couch.

 

“Just one more dart and you’re going to be my mini-me for a whole day SungYeol!” I smirked, cocking the gun just in case.

 

“Don’t you mean a jumbo-you?” A deep voice muttered in my ear from behind.

 

My eyes widened when I heard a popping sound. The small pressure of the dart had hit me in the side. I let out a groan of frustration and shoved him to the ground. A stunned looked passed through his face while I scrambled off to find a new hiding space. This is the childish side I was talking about before. I got really competitive and angry at the thought of losing; especially to Sungyeol.

 

“Ya! And you call me childish? You aren’t any better!” Sungyeol screeched and popped the bullet at my .

 

I whined and hopped up and down on the balls of my feet.

 

“Are you serious?! You are impossible!” I stomped my foot and threw a random sock that was lying on the floor at his face.

 

“What are you talking about?!” Sungyeol screamed back at me, nerf gun cautiously aimed at me. “You’re the one that started this whole thing!”

 

I screeched and walked towards the small laundry closet. I reached in the clean laundry bin and began launching my clothes at him.

 

“None of this would be happening if you had just shown up on time!” I was breathing heavily by then and I could feel something tear in my chest. “If you had just kept your promise… then I wouldn’t be this pissed! I wouldn’t be playing this stupid game! I wouldn’t have felt like number two in comparison to your Inspirits! I wouldn’t feel like complete right now!”

 

Crap. I was sobbing now. I hated when Sungyeol saw me cry.

 

 

‘.’ Sungyeol thought as he saw his girlfriend break before him.

 

Any physical pain could never compare to the emotional pain of seeing Maiara cry. And just knowing that he was the reason she felt the way she did made him feel like a ty boyfriend. She was right. This was all his fault and he wished that he could take the entire night back so he could have given her all of the promises he made. It wasn’t even the first time he had broken a promise to her, but she always dismissed the past broken vows so he wouldn’t feel bad.

 

With the gun still in his hand he slowly made his way towards Maiara’s trembling figure. She was slumped against the wall facing the laundry closet with her arms wrapped around her knees. Her dark hair was sticking against her wet face. Sungyeol wrapped his arms around his girlfriend and pulled her onto his lap. He gently pushed away her hair from her face and wiped the tears away with his thumbs.

 

“You’re too beautiful to cry, yeobo,” he whispered as her sobbing soon turned into hiccups. “You too beautiful to cry for a stupid man like me.”

 

“You are a stupid man,” she blubbered, pressing her forehead against his. “Why do I love you so much?”

 

Sungyeol sighed. “Sometimes I wonder the same thing. Why do you love someone who breaks promises? Why do you love me, a stupid choding, enough to put up with all of this? You must be a superhero to put up with all the I make you go through.”

 

“N-No. I’m must be a fool in love to love you,” she sniffled. “But I’m a happy fool.”

 

Sungyeol chuckled and tenderly pressed his lips to her nose. “My yeobo is a forgiving woman. I’m so sorry that I ruined toda—well yesterday, now—for you. I really do wish I could take all of that back. And, please, don’t you ever feel like you’re number two for me. You will always be number one and remember that. I love my Inspirits, but you mean even more.”

 

Maiara silently nodded as she slowly processed his words. Sungyeol smiled and gently pressed his lips to hers to seal his promise. More tears started to flow out of the young woman’s eyes, but they were out of joy this time.

 

At the same time that the young couple was kissing, the two lifted their nerf guns to each other’s heads and shot, abruptly ending the sweet kiss as the two burst out laughing.