Chapter 2: Yang Yoseob

Encountering You

 

"Come home early!" Omma shouted after me.

"Don't worry. I'll be home before 8!" I hollered back as I ran to the bus stop, my bag swinging frantically around me.

I arrived before anyone did, it was the first time I was earlier than Kikwang… or anyone I knew for that matter. I bent down to tie my shoelaces when a familiar figure stopped before me.

“Yah, Yang Yoseob. Your hair’s a mess.” He said.

I looked up and was greeted by a Kikwang that was as messy as I was. I grinned at him, shrugging his statement off when out of the blue, I felt icy cold water pour down on me, drenching my hair and shirt.

“What the-“ I was cut off by Kikwang and someone else’s laughter. I wiped my face, freezing to the bone and spotted Jihae giggling loudly with tears threatening to fall from her eyes. ‘Aish this girl.’

“Happy April Fools Day, Yoseob!!!” She shouted at me, a grin plastered on her face. As I was drying myself with a towel she gave me. I slowly got my bottle out of my bag, ready for revenge. I feigned an act of drying my hair when she stopped just in front of me.

‘Perfect.’

I smirked as I dropped my towel and poured the contents of my water bottle on the laughing figure in front of me. She screamed as I grabbed my bag and Kikwang to protect myself.

“YAH!” They screamed simultaneously.

“HUMAN SHIELD, HUMAN SHIELD.” I shouted next to Kikwang’s ear while he struggled to get out of my grip.

Jihae didn’t care if I was using one of her best friends as a human shield. She successfully found a bottle in Kwangie’s bag and splashed another load of liquid contents on the both of us.

All three of us were drenched to the core, hair dripping with water, moist skin and wet clothes. I freed Kwangie from my grip. The three of us staring at each other’s soaked bodies, silence enveloped us and as if on cue, Jihae, Kwangie and I chuckled. We paused then roared in laughter, earning angered looks from the elders around us.

"Please, do not use me as a human shield again," Kikwang said with a hint of terror in his eyes, when we sat down in the bus.

"Why not?" I retorted. "You make a good one."

"I am going to die of dehydration," Kikwang buried his face in his hands.

"Me too," I added.

"Don't you guys have money?" Jihae rolled her eyes, taking her branded purse out of her bag and checking its contents.

"Um..." I slid my hand in my pocket, feeling around and finding some small change. I counted it and sighed in relief, "Just enough to buy a bottle of water."

"I forgot my money," Kikwang's eyes widened as he realized so.

"I'll borrow you some," Jihae quickly said.

"No, but-" Kikwang protested, "No, I don't want your money!"

"Why not?" Jihae raised her eyebrows at him. "You want to dehydrate?"

"No, I just-" Kikwang ran his hands through his hair.

"Spit it out," I said.

"I dont want to owe a girl money!" He admitted.

"Oh shut up, Kwangie," Jihae laughed as she shoved the money in his hands. He looked up at her with his big eyes.

"Accept the money and pay her back tomorrow," I suggested to him. He nodded and gently put away the money in his back pocket.

"Better yet," Jihae scoffed, "Buy me lunch tomorrow."

"Jihae," Kikwang started, "A bottle of water does not equal to a lunch,"

"School food is not exactly..." I said, "Cheap."

"Nice try, Jihae," Kikwang laughed.

"Whatever," Jihae rolled her eyes.

As we neared school, I heard Jihae sigh. I slowly turned my head to her and raised my eyebrows.


"Why are you sighing?" I asked bluntly.

"School," She rolled her eyes.

"Jihae," I said, "Who likes school?"

"Right," She smiled.

The second I stepped off the bus, I heard a familiar female voice calling out our names. I looked around and a grin grew on my face when I saw a familiar brown-haired girl making her way towards us.

"Jihae! Yoseob! Kikwang!" Ailee cried happily as her brown hair bobbed up and down.

"Ailee!" We greeted her back.

"Oh my God," She immediately pulled away from me just as she was about to hug me, "Why are you so cold... and so wet?!"

"Oh," I looked at Kikwang and Jihae, who looked away on purpose.

"Don't worry, its just water."

"It's April Fools," She said to herself, deep in thought. Then, a bulb must've lighted in her head, " Jihae did something, didn't she?"

"Yeah," I messed up my hair with a slight nod. They both looked a little wet too.

"Oh you guys…" Ailee sighed with a smile plastered across her face.

"You're not up to anything right?" I asked her. Ailee wouldn't....

"Me?" She asked, surprised. "No."

"Good," Ailee was always the goody two shoe. “And please don’t try anything.”

 

_____________________________________________________

Argh! Had writer's block while writing this, so it's not my best work BUT I tried my best on my first ever chapter as Yang Yoseob. I think it's alot shorter compared to Yilixia's but meh, she's been writing stories for ages!

Enjoy reading our story and please support us all the way! *bows* :D Oh yeah, HI NEW SUBBIES ;D THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING *throws confetti* We now have 3 subscribers. I'm so ecstatic, I'm going to cry. Haha. Anyways.... I'll just go now. HAVE A NICE DAY :D

Kimmy.