Chapter - 30

Nectar of Pain

Taeyeon’s POV

 

Everyone went back to their room as I was still standing in the kitchen. Do I need to sleep with Tiffany? On the same bed? I can sleep on the couch. Sleeping on Yuri’s couch would be more comfortable, but I can sleep on this couch too. I think I was drunk but suddenly my mind was so aware of all the situation.

 

“Taeyeon, are you not sleeping?”

 

Hyoyeon asked me when she came out for restroom.

 

“I am going to sleep now”

 

I said as I walked quickly to Tiffany’s room since Hyoyeon was staring at me until I do.

 

“Hi”

 

I said awkwardly when I saw Tiffany doing her skincare.

 

“I took out my clothes for you. You need to change, right?”

 

She said as she pointed me out the clothes on the bed. No wonder pink pajama.

 

“Do you really need to use pink in everything?”

 

I thought I said in my mind, but I said out loud.

 

“Do you really need to hate all the things I like?”

 

She asked me as I was surprised. I didn’t mean to say that.

 

“You are not supposed to hear that. I said it in my mind.”

 

I didn’t know why I replied like that. I think I am in panic.

 

“Weirdo”

 

She rolled her eyes as I picked up the pajama quickly and went outside. Sooyoung got the master room so her and Hyoyeon need to share bathroom. Thank God, I got a reason to leave the room.

 

“Taeyeon, Stop making problem.”

 

I reminded myself while leaning at the bathroom’s door. I feel so nervous. Actually, we already made up. I don’t know why I am so nervous to be with her in the same room. Is it because I still feel insecure about our kiss or is it because I have to sleep on the same bed with her?

 

I came back in after awhile. I sighed and calmed myself down before I opened the door. She was sitting on the bed. On her pink bedsheet. Am I wrong that I said that? Does she really need to use pink in everything? I don’t like pink. It’s too girly.

 

“You are thinking about my pink bedsheet, right?”

 

Tiffany asked me as I choked my saliva. How does she know what I am thinking? How can she read my mind?

 

“No”

 

I answered awkwardly. I mean I lied.

 

“Are you going to stand there the whole night?”

 

Tiffany asked as she took the left side of the bed, so I quickly walked to the bed as sat on the right side and get ready to sleep. We slept giving back to each other. Then she suddenly sat.

 

“Taeyeon, let’s talk”

 

Right now? At this time?

 

“Huh?”

 

I turned around and asked.

 

“Are you gonna act like this for the whole time? I thought we are the closest. And we already clarify that the kiss was mistake and no feeling involvement. I already forgot about it. Why are you acting this way with me?”

 

She asked. She looked upset. I stood up from laying and sat on the bed face to face with her.

 

“I am sorry. I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.”

 

I said. I really don’t know why I am acting this way honestly.

 

“Why are you being like that? Because I am a girl? You can’t sleep together with a girl on same bed? I saw you slept with Yoona, Sooyoung and Sunny.”

 

She surely had a lot of questions.

 

“No…it’s not the case”

 

I stuttered.

 

“So what is the case?”

 

She asked. Taeyeon, say something smart. The silent is too long. Just say something. Say a word.

 

“I am so sleepy. I gonna sleep”

 

I said as I laid down quickly. Why did I do that? I don’t know I don’t wanna sit down again. So, I just pretend to sleep. A minute later, I guess she gave up too. She laid down to sleep giving back to me.

 

I woke up early. Actually, I couldn’t sleep probably the whole night. So, I came out from apartment and went for a walk. Unexpectedly, I saw familiar face looking like mine. Doesn’t she sleep?

 

“Kwon Yuri?”

 

Yuri was staring at the sky in the middle of the street. She was staring at the sky for awhile without moving. Then she smiled and for a moment later, she looked confused. Is she okay? She looked surprised when she saw me.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

She asked me.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

I asked her the same question.

 

“I couldn’t sleep”

 

I answered first.

 

“Me too”

 

She replied. So, we walked together.

 

“I kissed Jessica last night. On the lip”

 

She stated that I was about to lose my mind. It’s finally happening.

 

“What? Really? Is that a mistake like me and Tiffany?”

 

I asked. Please say no.

 

“I love her. So much. I have always loved her since we were young. But Taeyeon, I am scared. How do I say to my parents that I like girls? Honestly, I don’t like girl. The person I love is girl. I am scared. I am afraid to hear what people will say about it.”

 

She said depressingly.

 

“I have to say something to her when she woke up. But I couldn’t think of a word. Actually, that kind of accidents happened a few times before too. But not on the lips, on the cheek so I didn’t really mention about it after in the past. This time is on the lips and that was passionate and mutual. I always pretend like I am dumb, Taeyeon. Because I don’t have courage.”