Chapter - 19

Nectar of Pain

Yuri’s POV

 

I am pretty busy with hosting the girls. As soon as I am done making cocktail with Yoona and Tiffany, I look for Jessica. She isn’t in the living room. Where did she go? I look around and I see her and Sunny at the balcony chatting. So, I walk to balcony.

 

“Hey, aren’t you guys cold?”

 

I asked.

 

“Not really since we are drinking. I am gonna grab more drink”

 

Sunny said as she left from the balcony so only me and Sica left.

 

 “Hey”

 

I said with smile as I stood beside her. She smiled at me back.

 

“Are you tired?”

 

She asked as she gave me her beer and I sipped the drink. We usually share the drink since she wants to drink but not the whole one. So, I always share the food with her.

 

“No. Are you okay? You look sad”  

 

I asked worriedly while fixing her bangs. I have been reading this face for so long so I can clearly tell if something happened to her. She suddenly hugged me. That small girl is in my embrace which make me worry.

 

“Sica…are you okay?”

 

I asked while hugging her back and patting her shoulder gently.

 

“Can I stay like this for awhile?”
 

She asked like a whiny kid.

 

“What’s wrong with my baby, huh?”

 

I mumbled as I am hugging her tightly. My heart feels painful when she is sad.

 

“Your hands are cold. Let’s go inside. I will make you green tea”

 

I said with smile as I held her hand and we walked into the living room together. Girls are gathering in the living room and waiting us. So, we joined them.

 

“Unnie, are you okay?”

 

Yoona asked to Jessica. Jessica nodded.

 

“Just little tipsy”

 

“Cocktail is really good”

 

Hyoyeon thumbed up

 

“Seohyunie, I made nonalcoholic cocktail for you. Come”

 

“Really? Unnie…you are the best”

 

Seohyun smiled happily. I grabbed her hands and headed to kitchen. I grabbed a black mug as I put green tea pack in hot water. I walked quickly to my room as I grabbed one of my hoodies. Then we walked back into living room.

 

“Sica”

 

I gave green tea to Jessica as I put hoodie on her shoulders. We were sitting in circle as Sunny dimmed the light. We decided to do some deep talk.

 

“Girls…isn’t our setting romantic?”

 

Tiffany asked excitedly. We are sitting in circle with dim light snack and cocktail in the middle.

 

“Don’t you guys think we should stop hanging out with each other and start looking for boyfriend?”

 

Sooyoung joked.

 

“True. I have been seeing these faces every day that I am starting to get tired”

 

Hyoyeon added as we all giggled.

 

“Omg…it’s so true. I have been meeting with you guys a lot that I don’t even have time for me to date with my boyfriend. And here I am with you guys again”

 

Sunny said as we all laughed out loud. Actually, it’s true though. Sunny was always with us since she got into our group. She never missed any of our get together even at cafeteria with just few members. Even we missed a lot.

 

“Yeah…you are always with us. When do you guys date?”

 

Taeyeon asked curiously.

 

“I suddenly feel bad for him”

 

Sunny replied as we laughed. Especially Tiffany and Sooyoung, they love us too much. Every time they are done with something, they text in the group. They would follow to the one who replies and text the others who don’t reply to come. How can we get boyfriend? Do we even need it when you have 8 girlfriends?

 

“Let’s play a game. One will ask question and we will point to the one who apply to. And that person will ask another question”

 

“That’s a good one. You start”

 

Sooyoung suggested as we all agreed.

 

“Who do you think will marry first?”

 

Sooyoung asked as Sunny and Sooyoung got the most votes. Sooyoung always said she wants to marry early and have family life and Sunny is the only one who has boyfriend.

 

“If you are a guy, who do you want to date between us?”

 

Hyoyeon asked as I got vote from Jessica, Tiffany and Yoona. Sooyoung, and Taeyeon voted Tiffany. Seohyun and Hyoyeon voted Yoona. I voted Sunny. Sunny voted Seohyun.

 

“I wander what kind of guy Seohyun will date, so I wanna try dating her if I am a guy”


Sunny’s answer really make sense. We are so curious about Seohyun’s love life.

 

“Sunny is really cute and yet mature and considerate about other. I think she will be really good girlfriend”


I remarked.

 

“Who do you think is hard to approach when we first met?”

 

I asked as Jessica got all the votes.

 

“Who do you think is the most unpredictable?”

 

Taeyeon got a lot of votes. And Hyoyeon is second. I got one vote from Jessica surprisingly. Then we goes on with questions like who’s most likely to keep a secret, who’s most likely to perform a prank on friends, who’s most likely to talk back at their boss, who’s most likely to use curse words, who’s most likely to yell at the waiter, who’s most likely to be the last to get up and first to go to bed, who’s most likely to eat pet food, who’s most likely to drink milk right from the carton, who’s most likely to embarrass themselves in front of strangers, who’s most likely to fall in the shower, who’s most likely to fart loudly in public and pretend it’s someone else, etc.

 

The questions are funny that we laughed like crazy and argue about them.

 

“If you have to date someone from us, who would you date?”

 

“Wait wait…we need to think”

 

“Yuri”

 

I heard small voice from beside. Surprisingly, I got a lot of votes. Jessica, Tiffany, Taeyeon, Yoona, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon votes me. Seohyun voted Yoona and Sunny voted Sooyoung.

 

“Oh, Yuri is popular. Who do you vote? Sooyoung is very family oriented, so I want to try dating her. Now that Yuri is so popular, I want to date her and see why she is so popular”

 

Sunny chuckled.

 

“She’s manly. I think she will take care of me well if I date her”

 

Hyoyeon remarked.

 

“I just like Yuri”

 

Tiffany said with shy smile.

 

“Yuri, you need give answer to one of us”

 

Sooyoung said.

 

“Umm”

 

I was looking them in eyes one by one as they are expecting me to choose them, so some made aegyo and some made wink. I felt my heartbeat when I met my eyes with Jessica.

 

“I will date Sica”

 

I answered shyly.

 

“Why?”

 

Tiffany asked and everyone seems to curious about my answer. Jessica looks happy and she is listening to answer as well. I am so nervous since she is staring at me.

 

“Because she is Jessica”