Enchanted -7-

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just be Sana…Sana…Sana.

 

“Sana.” Momo places a hand on Sana’s shoulder pulling her away from her thoughts, “Sorry, what were you saying?” Sana looks up at the girl. 

 

“It’s almost time for your race.” Momo watches the girl carefully, “What’s gotten you so distracted lately?”

 

“Hmm? Me? I’m not.” Sana denies.

 

“Fine.” Momo sighs, “I’ll let you be, but try not to lose focus when you’re out there, don’t want our princess to fall.” She teases with a light chuckle.

 

Too late. Sana thinks to herself as she watches Mina talking to Jihyo before turning towards her direction, lifting a hand out to call her over.

 

“I may not look like it but I’m quite the athlete.” Sana huffs, getting up while the others in their grade begin to cheer them on. 

 

“Man it’s really not fair for you, Jihyo, and Mina to be on the same team. You guys are gonna win it all again this year.” Jeongyeon huffs, hooking an arm around Momo’s shoulder as they watch Sana join Mina and Jihyo, “Well if you were born just a week later we’d be classmates and then you won’t complain.” 

 

“True.” Jeongyeon agrees, watching as Momo looks at the field intently, “Don’t think too hard Momo it doesn’t suit you.” 

 

“Shut-up, aren’t you in this event too?” Momo elbows Jeongyeon lightly, before pushing her towards the track. 

 

~

“Okay so I’ll take the first leg and then pass the costume bag to Sana. Sana you then have to grab the matching bag for the accessories and shoes. Mina runs anchor just in case we pull a bad costume.” Jihyo gives Sana a rundown of their strategy. 

 

“Alright got it.” Sana nods.

 

“Good, let’s go out there and win.” Jihyo huffs, patting the two on their shoulders with a determined look on her face.

 

“Be careful out there princess.” Mina  looks at Sana, ruffling her hair lightly before heading towards her own spot. 

 

A whistle signals the race to begin and at the start Jihyo bolts to ahead, quickly grabbing the orange coloured bag, sprinting towards Sana, and passing the bag off.

 

“You got this!” Jihyo cheers Sana on as the princess quickly finds the matching orange accessory bag and darting her way to Mina.

 

“She’s doing better than I thought.” Jihyo turns to Jeongyeon with a smirk. 

 

“Stop with that look, we all know your class is gonna take it again.”

 

“Just saying.” Jihyo shrugs before happily skipping towards Sana so the two can head to the finish line together. 

 

“WOAH”

 

“WAHHH” 

 

Everyone suddenly began screaming when Mina darted out of the changing tent dressed like Lara Croft, a distressed tank-top that showcased her toned arms perfectly, cargo pants that hung perfectly on her hips, but still giving a small peak at her well toned abdomen, and combat boots that were loosely tied.

 

“You did it!” Jihyo engulfs Mina in a tight hug when she crosses the finish line in first place.

 

“If I didn’t you might kill me.” Mina chuckles, running a hand through her hair. 

 

“Whatever.” Jihyo rolls her eyes.

 

“Yah! Im Nayeon, hurry up!” Jeongyeon yells while making her way to the trio. 

 

“You guys should’ve made Eunbi run anchor instead, you know she’s not the best runner.” Jihyo watches as Nayeon struggles to run her costume.

 

“I know but doesn’t she look so funny running in that dinosaur inflatable costume?” Jeongyeon chuckles as Nayeon definitely looks like she’s struggling.

 

~

 

“You okay?” Mina approaches Sana who was seated with their other classmates after the costume relay race.

 

“Hmm? Of course I am Mitang.” Sana chuckles, “Look Momo’s event is about to start.” She tries to shift Mina’s focus away. 

 

“I don’t think so.” Mina bends down, moving Sana’s track pants slightly above her left ankle, “See, not fine at all.” She sighs and Sana avoids Mina’s worried stare, “It’s really not a big deal.” 

 

“Here.” Mina turns around, “Hop on. I’ll take you to the infirmary.”

 

“I already..”

 

“Either you hop on or I throw you over my shoulder.” 

 

“I…” Sana was speechless, about to refute but she also knows that Mina is a hundred percent serious, “Fine.” She relents, wrapping her arms around Mina’s neck.

 

“Jeez you really are stubborn aren’t you princess.” Mina says while she tightens her hold on Sana’s legs, “It doesn’t even hurt. I probably just twisted it.” Sans pouts, leaning her chin on Mina’s shoulder. 

 

“Regardless, let’s get it wrapped up.” 

 

“Haiii.” Sana smiles softly, snuggling just a bit closer into Mina.

 

 

“It’s a twisted ankle, nothing too serious. But we’ll wrap it and have you ice it.” The nurse explains while bandaging Sana’s ankle. 

 

“See I told you so.” Sana sticks her tongue out at Mina who remains nonchalant, standing in the corner.

 

“But it’s still better to get it checked.” The nurse adds at the last minute, putting a winning smirk on Mina’s face. 

 

“Now for you.” The nurse turns to Mina, “How’s your wound?”

 

 “Better, I ran in that race didn’t I?” 

 

“Mina”

 

“Hitomi-san.” The two engage in a silent argument, with Mina coming out victorious, “Fine.” Hitomi relents, “But I will remain on school grounds until you pass your uncle’s check-up.”

“Hmm.” Mina nods.

 

“Alright, you can stay here with Sana-chan if you want. I’ll notify the Hirai household to send someone to fetch her.” Hitomi gets up, heading out.

 

“Is it the same wound from last time?” Sana asks once the two were left alone.

 

“Hmm.” Mina nods and Sana frowns slightly. She knows that Mina’s open up to her and the others but not yet enough for Sana to read Mina like Jihyo can and that hurts Sana more than she would like to admit, especially since she regards Jihyo as a close friend. 

 

“I’m fine, it’s really all healed.” Mina says, noticing Sana’s sudden change in demeanour.

 

“Hmm.” The blonde girl nods slightly, “Don’t think too much about it, Princess.” Mina pats the top of Sana’s head with a small smile, “I’ll go grab you some water.” Mina pulls her hand back leaving before Sana can get another word out. 

 

~

 

“What do you need Momo?” Mina asks, feeling a presence behind her.

 

“How’d you know it was me?” Momo asks, leaning against the vending machine.

 

Mina shrugs, “I just do.”

 

“Scary.” Momo chuckles, “Can I ask you something.” She turns serious.

 

“Is this about your cousin?” Mina asks, putting another coin in the machine.

 

“You really.” Momo runs a hand through her hair, “Let’s talk about it at my place after school.” Mina smiles, giving Momo the sports drink she bought. 

 

“You’ve always known huh.” She shakes her head.

 

~ ~

 

“So…” Momo draws out before growing quiet again and sipping on the tea Mina prepared.

 

“You want to know since when did I know right? About the princess.” Mina speaks up, placing her own teacup back down, “To put it simply, since those photos came out about you returning home with this unknown cousin of yours that looked a little too much like the princess. The timing was too much of a coincidence. Plus, she kept her name.”

 

“You deduced it all huh.”

 

“Well, the incident after Jihyo and I came back confirmed it for me.” 

 

“What do you mean?” 

 

“The imperial family’s stealth team, who do you think trained them to be so undetected? Of course not to the level I was trained, but close enough. Although

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter