Thunderstorm -7-

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day was a mess. Both Jihyo and Sana were gone without a trace. Mina was in a panic, getting both their families' entire security team looking for the two.

 

“Minari…I’m sure they’re safe.” Jeongyeon places a hand over Mina’s trembling ones while the six of them are currently on the Myoui’s family private jet back to New York.

 

“I called Jihyo’s sister and she hasn’t heard from her.” Nayeon sighs, pinching her nose bridge.

 

“We all went to bed together last night…like how can they suddenly disappear.” Momo paces up and down, “Unless..” the doctor looks at Mina with sad eyes, “Satang, you didn’t…”

 

~

 

Mina was anxious, her grip on their front door was so tight her knuckles were white, “Please.” Mina whispers, while the sounds of thunder rumble in the background, “Please.” She pleads one more time before finally opening the door.

 

“Sana.” Mina calls out quietly, noticing the other girl’s house slippers still by the door. Slowly, Mina makes her way to their bedroom more anxious than ever, “Sana?” She opens the door, peeking her head inside, but the room was dark, no trace that Sana was ever there.

 

~

 

It was 2 weeks later when Mina received it in the mail..a brown envelope from Nayeon and Jihyo’s law firm. Since Sana’s sudden disappearance Mina had not gone back to work, spending every waking moment trying to find her wife, and although she figured this was what was coming next, it still hurt the same.

 

“If this is what you want.” Mina says softly, “Okay.” She opens the envelope pulling out the divorce agreement that Sana had already signed, when Mina tried to put them back after signing, the papers got stuck. Inside the envelope, there was also a postcard from Milan.

 

Mitang the nickname was crossed out and next to it written in Sana’s neat penmanship: Mina,

 

I’m sorry. Like you, there’s something that I haven’t told you..maybe you already know what that is, but I’ll pretend that you don’t.You won’t understand what I mean when I say this but Mina..you and I…our journey..although it ultimately led us down different paths… I want you to know that you will always be my thunderstorm.

 

I’ll miss you. Stay safe always and be happy.

 

-Sana

 

“If this is what you want.” Mina says, trying not to cry, but it was futile…the girl’s eyes were practically bloodshot from all the crying and worrying…her strong facade breaking every night she goes home without Sana there. And Mina knows, there’s no one else to blame but herself..she could have just been honest with Sana, fully aware of how the older girl feels for her, but she was too much of a coward.

 

Kaori’s death anniversary had always been rough on Mina..she had gotten better over the years, but of course Mina just had to run into her…

 

“I see that you’re still doing well, Myoui Mina-san.” Rima Sanjou, the girl Kaori loved until her final moments, looks at Mina with the same angry eyes she did all those years ago, “A good career and a loving marriage…it must be nice.”

 

“Sanjou-san please, this is a hospital.” Mina replies, trying to keep herself together.

 

“I know..and who would have thought the girl who got Kaori-chan killed would be working in a place that saves life..what does a..”

 

“That’s enough.” Momo steps in between Mina and Rima, “If you’re not a patient or a visitor of this hospital, I think it’s best that you leave.” Momo says with a smile.

 

“Since someone like you is here, I definitely will not be coming back. Hope to never see you again…also, do you even remember what today is.” Rima says before walking off.

 

“Mina..” Momo looks at the girl, “I have to go.” Mina runs off, with Momo chasing after her.

 

~

 

Momo watches as Mina drinks away, her own drink untouched knowing Sana would murder her if anything happened to Mina.

 

“I should tell…you..why..” Mina’s words were slurred.

 

“You don’t have to..not when you’re drunk like this.” Momo shakes her head.

 

“It was my fault..how could I even think of being happy when it was all my fault..I can’t be happy..I don’t deserve to be ha..”

 

“You’re wrong.” Momo interrupts Mina’s drunken self deprecation, “You deserve all the happiness in this world Mina. Whatever happened in the past is just the past, it isn’t your fault.”

 

Eventually, the night slowly passed and although Momo had tried to convince Mina to go home, the girl was unmoving. She’d already managed to stop the bartender from giving her more to drink, so Momo was confused as to why Mina refuses to budge.

 

“Myoui Mina! Do you know how worried your wife is right now?!” Jeongyeon barges into the bar, yelling in Korean, something she does when she’s beyond annoyed or mad.

 

“Momo? Why didn’t you take her home? What happened?” Jeongyeon was surprised to see a very sober Momo.

“She was fine until some girl decided to blame her for someone’s death..even asking her if she knew what today was.”

 

“Rima..that .”

 

“She stopped drinking an hour ago but she wouldn’t go home.”

 

“Sana would be mad.” Mina slurs, half asleep, looking at Jeongyeon, “If I was like this..Sana would be mad…Oh Sana.” Mina perks up, “Oh no..I didn’t tell her I’d be out.. I should go..woah..” Mina stumbles, but thankfully Jeongyeon and Momo were quick to catch her.

 

“Okay you are definitely not okay to drive. Did you drink?” Jeongyeon asks Momo who shook her head, “Nope.”

 

“Okay, you take Mina’s car home..I’ll bring her back.”

 

“I can help you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter