Her Secretary (5)

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-2 years later-

 

“Did you eat lunch?”

 

“Not yet, I had a board meeting today but I’ll..”

 

“Mina-san.” Someone peeks their head into Mina’s office.

 

“Oh.”

 

“Mitang what is it?” Sana asks, hearing the surprised tone in Mina’s voice.

 

“I have a visitor. I’ll call you back later.”

 

“Hmm, make sure you eat!”

 

“Hai hai.”

 

“Alright I’ll hang up, take care of yourself over there Darling.”

 

“Always, you too..bye bye.”

 

“Bye.” Sana hangs the phone up frowning.

 

“What’s with the long face?” Jeongyeon asks, seeing the dark clouds hanging over Sana’s head, “Usually after your phone call with Mina you’re like Hamtaro on crack.”

 

“She’s busy with a visitor..and she hasn’t even eaten yet.” Sana complains.

 

“Visitor?”

 

“Hmm.”

 

“Right now?”

 

“Hmm.”

 

“During the hours that Mina specifically blocked off for you?”

 

“It must be important.”

 

“Hmm..kinda sus~” Jeongyeon teases.

 

“Don’t get ideas in my head.” Sana slaps Jeongyeon’s shoulder, “AH! YAH!”

 

“I’m just teasing, jeez.”

 

“Pack your things we’re going to Tokyo!” Nayeon barges out of her office bunny smile and all, “Oh..what happened?” She blinks animatedly looking at the gloomy Sana.

 

“I was just teasing her…and now she’s overthinking it.”

 

“Yoo Jeongyeon! Mina’s going to fire you if she finds out you made her Honey cry.”

 

“I’m not crying.” Sana huffs, “And what do you mean by we’re going to Tokyo?”

 

“It’s March..”

 

“Yes it’s the 22nd.” Jeongyeon nods.

 

“Wait..the 22nd?!” Sana stands.

 

“Ah now you get it.” Nayeon nods.

 

“I don’t.”

 

“Yoo Jeongyeon, how long have you been my secretary? How can you possibly forget one of the most important days for the woman who signs our paychecks?”

 

“Well technically she doesn’t sign it, it goes through our fi..” Jeongyeon answers realising what Nayeon was talking about.

 

“Okay before you two bicker, can we just go back to the fact that Mina’s birthday is in 2 days and that I might not be prepared?”

 

“How can you not have a birthday gift prepared? You even have it marked on your calendar with hearts and mini penguins.” Nayeon lifts Sana’s desk calendar to her face.

 

“Don’t listen to her Nay, she’s acting..I’m like a million percent sure she has a gift, but she’s too shy to say what it is out loud.”

 

“Yah! You! Leave me alone.”

 

“Ayyy~~ you got something special for Minari’s birthday~~” Nayeon and Jeongyeon begin to tease Sana relentlessly.

 

Meanwhile, in Japan, Mina glares at the person who interrupted her call with Sana.

 

“What’d I do?” Kai asks, pointing to himself.

 

“Interrupted my call..now this better be important nii-san.”

 

“Call? Ah with Sana-chan.” Kai laughs, “Kaa-san and to-san were talking my ear off about her.”

 

“Eh? Why?” Mina frowns.

 

“They adore Sana-chan more than you, I hear more about Sana-chan than I do about you.”

 

“That’s good.” Mina smiles, happy to hear that her parents like Sana.

 

“Anyways, I’m here because it’s your birthday in 2 days..”

 

“Yeah, I’ll be flying to Se..”

“I knew you’d say that.” Kai interrupts, “Which is why, I’m here to personally remind you that it’s you’re big 30.”

 

“Okay and?”

 

“The gala? Do you not remember?”

 

“The gala?”

 

“The one for your birthday?”

 

“Gala…gala…” Mina taps her pen, trying to remember, “Ah…right..”

 

“You forgot didn’t you?”

 

“I remember saying yes to a gala…I didn’t realise it was for my birthday..”

 

“Are you serious?” Kai looks at his younger sister.

 

“They were asking me things while I was out with Sana.”

 

“Oh jeez Minari..”

 

“Well you better make arrangements to get your girl here, because the Gala is being held tomorrow.”

 

“Tomorrow? I thought it was for my birthday?”

 

“Of course we won’t make you do something you don’t want to on your birthday.” Kai chuckles.

 

“Ni-san you!”

 

“That’s why I’m telling you now..anyways you still refuse to get a secretary?”

 

“I can handle it all.”

 

“I thought so, which brings me to the next reason why I’m here. Mr. Chou asked me for a favour.”

 

“Mr. Chou?”

 

“Mhm..he wants you to train his only daughter.”

 

“Me? Train his daughter? Why not you?”

 

“I’ll be travelling around our subsidiaries in Europe, so I really can’t.” Kai shrugs.

 

“She’s already here isn’t she?” Mina deadpans, looking at her brother.

 

“Yep! I’ll go get her.” Kai rushes out before his younger sister can change her mind.

 

“So Minari..meet Chou Tzuyu, Tzuyu this is my younger sister Myoui Mina.” Kai introduces the two.

 

“Hajimemae Myoui Mina-San. Watshiwa Chou Tzuyu desu, yoroshiku onegaishimasu.” Tuzyu bows politely, “Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.” Mina smiles, “Are you comfortable speaking in Japanese?” Mina asks in english.

 

“I studied Japanese with my older brother, so I’ll be fine. My kanji might be better than yours.” Tzuyu teases and the Myoui siblings chuckle, “Probably.” They admit, reverting back to Japanese.

 

“Alright, well I’d invite you both to lunch but I have a meeting with investors.”

 

“Well would you like to join me for lunch Chou-san.”

 

“Of course, maybe we can discuss my role here as well..also please call me Tzuyu.”

 

“Tzuyu-san then, please address me by my name as well.”

 

“Alright.” Tzuyu smiles.

 

“Perfect! Anyways, I really have to go or else I’ll be late. You guys take care and Tzuyu-chan tell me if my sister’s being mean!” Kai says while he rushes out of Mina’s office.

 

“He’s joking.” Mina looks at Tzuyu, “But I am strict.” She wipes the smile from her face and Tzuyu feels a cold chill go down her spine.

 

~ ~

 

“Mina–yah~~ where are you?” Nayeon asks over the phone in such a cutesy tone that both Sana and Jeongyeon physically cringed.

 

“Me? In my office, why?” The girl answers over speakerphone.

 

“It’s 8pm Minari.” Nayeon deadpans, while Jeongyeon is cupping Sana’s mouth shut.

 

“Oh..it is.” Mina says mostly to herself.

 

“Just get your out of that damn building.”

 

“Eh? Why are you suddenly mad at me?”

 

“Just…go.” Nayeon hangs up.

 

“That crazy girl?! Why is she still at the office..when I..wait..” Sana frowns, pulling her phone out, “She hasn’t even opened my message yet.”

 

“Okay, c’mon let’s go grab that workaholic.” Jeongyeon drags Sana and Nayeon out of Mina’s condo.

 

“Wait, the cake!” Nayeon whines, but Jeongyeon just ignores the bunny.

 

~

 

“So this is the mothership huh.” Jeongyeon whistles seeing the expansive building in front of her.”

 

“Don’t call it that.” Nayeon smacks the girl’s shoulder.

 

“Let’s just go get that penguin out of there.” Sana rolls her eyes at the two.

 

“Did you see Myoui-san today?” The three overhear a group of employees gossiping outside.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter