Memories of Yesterday

Wild Romance 2 (purely fanfic)

I'm on fire everyone!!! I finished another chapter! Woot~Woot!

 

Enjoy!!!!

 

 

Chapter 7          

 

One Year later

In secret underground base in Seoul

 

“Congratulations Agent Yoo Eun Jae, you finally made it to the Korean Secret Service.” Agent Lee Yoon Sung declared shaking the hands of Eun Jae. It has been a year since Eun Jae joined the forces of KSS, it has been a painful decision for her to leave Park Mu-Yeol and her family; but she has no other option.

 

All she ever had right now is the beautiful memory that she and Mu-Yeol created last year at this date as well, that was the time that she gave her special gift to him.

 

Herself.

 

They had this one special night together, one night that she gave everything to him. She expressed her love to him knowing that is the only thing that’s left for her. However every time she remembers it her heart is still aching with loneliness. That night that was full of passion and aggressiveness between two lovers that crave for paradise………

 

That night Eun Jae stepped out of the bed and dressed herself as she wrote a short letter for him. She picked up the fur coat and hurriedly walked to the door, however before she can go to the door, she turned back and went back to his side, her thick eyelashes is getting wet from tears. She slowly kissed him on his cheek and poignantly said “I will love you forever, I hope you will forgive me.” Then she hastily went out and cried outside the apartment of Mu-Yeol.

 

When she arrived at her house she decided to go at the second floor in Dong Ah’s place, as she entered her house and climbed on her bed like what she is usually do if she has some problem and wrapped her arms around her waist.

 

“Thank you” she whispered, her eyes in getting moist again. “You have to take are of yourself when I’m gone, I know Manager Kim will do a great job taking care of you.” The climbed out of bed and went down to her house, her house that has been recently completed, her father, mother and her brother. Now that she will leave them her family will be broken again. She releases a deep sigh and checked the room of her parents, his dad is sleeping with his mouth wide open, them mumbles something about her mother. She smiled at that vision and cant help herself to give a quick kiss to his father. She went to her room and get her luggage, good thing is she still not yet packing and her mother is out of town attending a funeral otherwise all her things will be unpack in no time. Lastly she went and visit the room of her brother, though sometimes she had been rough at him, she adores and love his brother like her own son. She has been a motherly figure to him since their mom runaway when they were young but now that her mother is back somebody will take care of her Chang Ho. Finally as she left her house she put her letter to his father on their Blue Seagull center table and with broken heart left her home.

 

Agent Lee Yoon Sung was waiting outside her gate as soon as she when out of her house; she contacts him saying that she is ready to leave. At first she was placed in a secluded mountain house with two bodyguards, she was under witness protection program, however after two weeks Yoon Sung break a news for her, the government have seen her records, and they are interested in recruiting her as an agent, but she has to be trained for a six months and under probationary period for another half a year in order to be a full pledge agent.

When he break the news she has mixed emotion of happiness and loss, she wanted to be joyful because it’s a dream come true to a person like her; on other hand she was miserable because there is no possibility that she will never explained what happened to her life to Mu-Yeol. She will leave as a shadow forever, but before she accepted the job she had an agreement with the government that they will protect her family and Mu-Yeol from harm, but to her surprise the government agreed.

 

For six months she was trained physically, mentally and emotionally. She got her additional marshal arts skills and shooting lessons as she works out everyday. She studied and learnt different language, though her professor almost lost his hair in teaching her because sometimes she was slow in picking up things, but with her hard work and commitment, everything was done smoothly. When she started her probationary, she was just a look out in the missions. Sometimes she will disguise as an ordinary costumer in a restaurant, or a student studying at the opposite café; or a waitress in the restaurant. She never had a real mission as an agent but now her time has finally come.

 

“Agent Yoo, you will have your first mission as an official agent next week Saturday, 19:00 hour in Metropolitan Place Hotel in Seoul.” Agent Yoon Sung announced,  “You will post as a new Class A model named Lee Si Young. Ms. Lee Si Young was born in Chicago Illinois but raised in Vancouver Canada.” Yoon Sung said gesturing her to sit down of the chair behind the desk. He clicks on the remote control and the 50-inch Led TV flashes the face of a familiar person.

 

“According to our source Governor Song Shi Hae” gesturing at the LED tv “is the target of elite international crime organization called The Ring.” Then another man appeared on the screen, his on his mid-forties with a squinty scary eyes and bad aura pose. “This is Go Jyum Pyo, an escaped convict in prison and now an assassinator. He will be at the ball and he will kill the Governor.”

 

“Why?” she interrupted “ what did the governor do?”

 

“The governor was an ex member of The Ring, he has been planning to leave the organization but he can’t unless he will still secure his position, the government promise him that he will stay on his position unless he will tell them how they can destroy the organization. Now The Ring discovered that someone backstabbing them so they wanted to keep him shut.”

 

“With all due respect Agent, but why me?” Eun Jae complained, “I don’t know anything about being a fashion model” pointing to herself, “come on look at me? I can’t even walk in high heels and you want me to take the job”

 

Yoon Sung chuckled, “Actually you are just a replacement,” he clarified  “the agent that supposed to be assigned on this mission was in the hospital, she got a bad car accident, she needs to be in the hospital for four week; and you’re the only female agent that has the ‘body figure’ that can pull of as a model” scanning her from head to toes, though she was wearing an unattractive boyish pants with matching flat shoes and  cardigan sweater; she had one hundred percent potential, her face is just a weapon. Yoon Sung think to himself.

 

 He dismiss her with a shrug on his shoulders and continues, “ Your mission is to keep the governor from harm, though there are many medias that will be present, you need to get the governor in a safe place if Go Jyom Po arrives, you have to be discreet as possible, just take him in a small room and the other agents is will be the ones who will apprehend Jyom Po” he ordered.

 

Eun Jae took a deep breath and bow in the command; she has no other choice but to follow orders. 

“One more thing” Yoon Sung added, “You will be trained as a model for a week. Tomorrow morning you will have a complete make over, then a professional will give you lessons in modeling and after three days you will have your first photo shoot.” he finally smiled at her.

 

“Oh crap! You know how I hate all this girly stuff. How can I convince the governor that I’m a attractive model?” she muttered under her breath, she doesn’t want to disrespect her superior as well.

“Well you have too, its part of your job.” Yoon Sung said sternly and added in finality. “ The KSS has faith on you, you have to serve your country well.”

She stands up and give a curt bow to him, knowing that she is now dismiss. She walked to the door but he stopped her track. “By the way Kim NaNa and is inviting you for dinner tonight in our house” giving her a small smile, Yoon Sung remembers his lovely beautiful spunky wife. NaNa kept on bothering him that she misses Eun Jae so much, that she wanted to have dinner with her. They have been instant friend since he introduced her to Eun Jae.

NaNa got a soft spot on her because she was a bodyguard as well when they first met at the blue house. His wife has been an orphan for three years now, and because of him she has to live in a quite life but thanks to Eun Jae, they have the time of their life. NaNa is the only person who knows everything about Eun Jae, about her family or Mu-Yeol…….Yoon Sung shakes his head, he as well experience that especially when he fell in love with NaNa. This kind of job is no joke, you either keep your identity as a secret or see the persons you cherish the most hurt and harm right before your very eyes.

 

 

***************

 

“Mu-Yeol, can you please stop doing that!” Manager Kim sadly scolded Mu-Yeol who is batting for three consecutive hours. Ever since Eun Jae disappeared in Mu-Yeol’s life he has been batting like crazy, he bat every single damn day of is life.  For 365 days he has been batting non-stop. Until now he still can’t forget Eun Jae and this is the only way for him to release his stress and pain.

 

When the day Eun Jea was missing Mu-Yeol woke up in the morning like a lovesick puppy, he got this wide smile on his face he squirmed on the bed like a fish with happiness. He thought Jae Hee was just too embarrass to wake up with him that’s why she went home. He tried to call her but her phone is off, little did he know that there is a letter on his side table under the alarm clock. He didn’t notice it. He went to the bathroom and take a shower, he was still whistling in happiness as he put on his clothes. He is hungry and he could eat the whole dish that his future father-in-law will serve for him. He got use to eat breakfast at Eun Jae’s place since she went to New York. Eun Jae’s dad is not very fond of him but they something in common, they both love baseball, there are some times that Mu-Yeol notice that her family is silently cheering for him every time they watched his games, though its not too obvious because they are Blue Seagulls fanatic fans but they cheer for him as if he is one of the family. That makes him 100% important, as if he found his family and this is all because of Eun Jae. When he think of the magical night they have spent yesterday, he felt complete and overjoyed. He found where he belongs. He has slept with some of a few girls at the peak of his career but Eun Jae is different, he can’t live his life without her.

 

He went out of his apartment and went inside the lift, he pressed B2 and when he is in the basement parking lot, he rode in his car. Instantly he thinks that he needs to buy Eun Jae her own car. He gave a little smile and think that his wedding gift will be talked of the town. Plus he needs to invest on her family business because from now on they will become one family. He stopped by a flower shop and buys a big bouquet of flower; he doesn’t want to be empty handed when he will visit his in-laws place. His final pit stop is at the Tiffany and Corp jewelry shop; he picked up the diamond engagement ring that he ordered yesterday. It was quite very big and for sure he can imagine that Eun Jae will scold him to death in buying those kinds of things but he knew she would cry in delight.

 

When he pressed the door bell on Eun Jae’s place he felt like there are butterflies inside his tummy, for the first time in his life he is quite nervous because for the very first time he will asked the girl that he loved the most in hand of marriage. He knew that the media will be cruel to her because they will criticize her for not being fit as a baseball wife, but he doesn’t mind at all because this is his life and he own his life not them and he is happy and contended that they will walk through thick and thin in their lives. There will never be a boring day with her he chuckled.

 

He heard a commotion inside her house, Eun’s family is creating too much noise, and he can hear her mother is crying, he thought that she is crying because of happiness. However when the gate opened, everyone came outside running to him, he put a big smile on his face behind he huge flower bouquet. “Good morning everyone!” giving them a respectful bow ever since he met Eun Jea, he started to have some good manners and he’s proud of it.

 

“Park Mu-Yeol!” her dad shouted at him, instantly grabbing his collar, “Where is she? WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER!” he roared. Mu-Yeol can not assimilate what was happening, he saw her mother’s eyes red and swollen as well as Chang Ho whose eyes reflected with anger.

“Wait father,” he begged, holding his wrist and freeing his grasp to his collar. “What are you talking about?” but his gut is telling him that something is wrong.

“Where is Eun Jae?” he asked putting down the flower on the ground.

“What do you mean where is she?” Mr. Yoo bellowed, “Isn’t she……….with you?” his voice is toning down and his eyes become teary, relealizing that Mu-Yeol has no idea either what was going on.

Her daughter is not with him.

“Chang Ho,” turning to the younger man beside him, “where is your Noona? Tell me quick!” he demanded. His heart is starting to pound until he felt his ears ringing.

“She just left this……….….” her mother put a piece of paper in his hand. He got this terrible gut feeling that Eun Jae is somewhat missing or kidnapped. He opened the paper and read its content.

 

Dear Dad, Mom and Chang Ho,

 

First of all I’m so sorry for what I have done, but I need to leave as soon as possible, please don’t asked me why, I just need you all to trust me. I hope we will see each other in the future.

 

I Love you all with all my heart,

 

Eun Jae

 

Eun Jae’s mom cried again and his dad slump down on the ground shouting Eun Jae name. He felt like a bucket of cold water was poured to him, he was rooted on spot. He can’t believe that Eun Jae left. He instantly takes his mobile phone on his pocket and dials her number, but of course it was off! No wonder he can’t get through her early in the morning, then something came to his mind………he also saw a letter on his side table in the morning! He bolted outside the gate and run to his car to drive back to his apartment. While Eun Jae’s family is weeping, Chang Ho notice a ring box on the ground beside the flower he picked it up showed it to his father; his dad takes it and slowly opened it, what they saw just clogged their throat and broke their hearts Eun Jae’s mom can’t help herself crying more loudly this time. The diamond ring is ridiculously shining right before their eyes. They know that Mu-Yeol will ask her hand in marriage……….

 

“Mu-Yeol!” Manager Kim pulled him back to reality, forcing away the bat from him, he is dripping with sweat as he collapsed on the couch and wipe himself and drink water.

“I schedule you to attend in the Charity Ball of Governor Song Shi Hae on Saturday 7 pm at Metropolitan Place.” Manager Kim said and added “It’s part of the company’s promotion, you are the hottest item right now, better than last year.” He commented. He though that Eun Jae’s departure in Mu-Yeol’s life would be the end of his career, but he was wrong he came a week after next with a glint determination that he will be the greatest baseball player in South Korean, and it happens so rapidly, different company’s are fighting for Mu-Yeol’s image in their label, variety show and even movie industry were so interested with him, especially when he announced that his wedding was cancelled. It is his responsibility as Mu-Yeol’s manager to do damage control. Everything went smoothly as Mu-Yeol wins all of this game. He becomes the national hero in the public eye, the rumor about his girlfriend vanish like bubble and nobody dared to breath one word about it, which is in favor with his company and his image. Mu-Yeol is now devoted on what he is doing, and he completely matured. But Manager Kim still felt something is off, their relationship is more than manager, but he treats him as a buddy; Even Dong  Ah knew that Mu-Yeol is deeply hurt, however something kept him from living.

 

Mu-Yeol just shrug off the information, he doesn’t care where he is going, he is just like a robot functioning without any emotion , what’s more important to him is her promise to her that he will be the best player in Korea. He went inside his bedroom and take out his most possessed treasure inside his bedside table, the letter of Eun Jae.

 

To My Love Mu-Yeol,

 

First of all I just wanted to say I Love you, I love you more than my life; that is the reason why I left you, for now I can’t help but to say sorry but the reason why I’m doing this is for our own sake and happiness. Don’t be dishearten but live your life like I’m at your side.

 

I promise that someday we will be meeting again, and when I’m ready to will run into your arms and ask your forgiveness.

 

Always remember that I love you and I will always love you until my very last breath.

 

With all my heart,

 

Eun Jae

 

P.S last night was the greatest gift you gave me, thank you.

 

Unknowing tears of sadness fall into his eyes. Every time he will read her letter he felt that she is just right here beside him. He can envision her laughing at his antics or sometimes they wrestle like two teenagers, or calling him “Oppa” but up until now his heart is still broken and he still holds what she said in the letter that they will see each other in the future. Sometimes, he is blaming himself that how can a man like him cling to the woman that he loved, it happened with Jong Hee, and he is afraid that when Eun Jae will be back, he might not love her. But his heart can’t deceive him. Eun Jae still owns it………..