The Test

Wild Romance 2 (purely fanfic)

Hello everyone,

This chapter maybe different from the first one I posted before, actually it a blessing on disguise that chaper 3 and 4 was missing, at least I have time to revise chapeter 4. So without further ado, I now bring chapter 4.......

 

 

Chapter 4

Yoo Eun Jae adrenaline was on the rush; her mind is telling her that this was all a joke, but her guts are telling something different. She wash up her face, brush her teeth, change her clothes and comb her hair in less than 5 minutes, she ran out of the house putting on her booths. Outside the gate she scans the clear area, all that she see are cars parked at the side of the road. All of a sudden black van screech in front of Eun Jae, it happens so fast that she didn’t even have time to breath, she was dragged by men in suits, put a plaster on , cover her head with a piece of  cloth, and tied her hands and feet with rope. Fear engulfed her entire body, as she prayed that everything will be alright, she manage to think straight in order to survive, because if she will lose all her senses right now, her entire family will be affected and especially Mu- Yeol.

It feels like eternity when the van stops and she was being lifted up, she feels as the world tilt around her as a man carried her like a rack of rice putting her on his shoulder. She’s very keen in her auditory sense, she hears the echo of their footsteps she assumes that they were inside an empty ware house and she bet they’re also outside of the city because they travel for almost one hour that feels like the longest time of her life. She bites her lip in pain as she was put down in a wooden chair harshly and then waited for them to make another move on her. She was expecting them to remove the piece of cloth on her head to reveal themselves there was none, instead she heard the men talking to each other.

The first voice said “Boss says he’s going be here in twenty minutes”

 Second voice chides “Damn! I hate him for always doing that” first voice chide “watch your mouth moron, you want to die! He’s still your boss”

New voice joined their conversation obviously chewing a gum. “Who is the girl? What she did?”

“I don’t know, but boss said we have bring her alive, she’s an important asset.” Eun Jae is trying to assimilate what they’re trying to say, she wants to have an idea what is this all about. She didn’t remember particular situation that will lead her into this kind of mess. She prayed hard that someone will save her. But nobody knows where she is.

She knows that she has to take action, but how? She needs to get their attention, but how with her hands and feet tied plus she can’t speak, different plans are swirling on her head when unexpectedly, she heard someone open the door with force and all the men gasps in shock little did she know what was going on.

A tall slender man appears at the door; dress in black waist coat, and tight pants. He immediately runs to the men and give a high kick to first man that he encounter, he fights them with precise skills, and he doesn’t have any weapon with him. Seven men surrounded him this time alert and ready for fight, but in minutes all of them where swept away by the tall man in deadly combat skills as if he was trained since he was  young.

When silence fills the air Eun Jae immediately shake the rope in her hand and rock her chair, finding way to be free. She accidentally knocks her chair down and falls down on the floor with hard tug, she stifle scream in pain, but instantly a hand help her to sit back. The man removes the piece of cloth on her head and as well as the plaster on , she adjusted her vision on the dim light inside the room, while her savior removes the ropes on her hands and feet.

“Who are you?” she asked finally looking at his somewhat familiar face, while rubbing her stinging bruise wrist, it turns red from mark of the rope. She also felt her left arm pains maybe from a while ago when she fell down hard from the chair.

“You don’t remember me?” he said with a boyish smile taking her arms to she could walk properly.

“Ahh……” she said finally recognize him, “it’s you! Mr. Lee Yoon Seong!” she gasp, the tall handsome man who looks like Lee Min Ho. She met him New York few times and became friends, because they are both Korean. With Eun Jae foreigner in a strange place  Mr. Yoon Seong showed her around few places and taught her English language.  Actually he has PDH degree in Information Technology, but he insisted not call him in his doctorate title.

“Wait, what are you doing here? I mean why did you save me? How did you know it was me? Are you supposed to be in New York?” She asks in rapid question.

“Wait, one at a time only” raise his hand to stop her in asking more questions. “Before you ask some more queries, let’s get out of here fast, their boss is coming after 15 minutes”

 That alerts Eun Jae as they run out of the door together. A top down convertible blue car is park at the side of the warehouse “Let’s go” Yoon Seong commanded. As they went inside the car, buckle up and drive away quickly as the could.

After 30 minutes of silence inside the car, Eun Jae finally asks questions that is driving her nuts, she need to know what is going on. “As much as I am grateful to you for saving my life, but I need to know a thing. What is going on?” Yoon Seong sighs heavily and slowly turns the car at the side, they were in a secluded wide field, he stops the care and get out. Eun Jae follows him out of the car as well. They lean at his car and he started to give details.

“Ms. Eun Jae, you have been the body guard of Congresswoman Sandra Banks, isn’t?” he asks, and she nodded in agreement. “There is a reason why the congresswoman hired you as her personal bodyguard. A year back, the Congresswoman apprehended a big organization crime in USA called The Ring, they’re the one who develops weapon and sell in an underworld organization, meaning it illegal. There are so many threat in her life that she doesn’t want the media to know about it, so when she got the opportunity to be the speaker in the International Body Guard Conference, she met you and decided hire a Korean lady.”

“But why me, of all people?” she interrupts him.

“Because you’re low profile person. She wanted to hire ordinary person that will not arise suspicion. And you are the perfect candidate. But let’s get back to our topic, a package was delivered to her house, it was an expensive fur coat with matching shoes, little that she knows there was a small chip sew at the collar that contains information about The Ring here in Korea, it was given by a leader who sides with the government. Now Ring leaders here in Korea were crazy looking for it, they will do anything just to get back the chip in their hands.”

Eun Jae was digesting all the detail that Yoon Seong said and she was trying to connect what is has to do with her. Then it dawn to her!

The coat! The one that she was wearing yesterday at the airport. Then she abruptly remembers one thing. She left it in Mu-Yeol’s place last night!

“We have to go back to Seoul” she told him hastily.

“Wait!” Yoon Seong holds her arms to stop her. “Aren’t you curious who I am?” he asks her.

“Well based on all the things that you said, I bet that you’re a spy that works for the government and you’re my handler isn’t it?”

Now this time Yoon Seong was the one who were stun, impress by deduction. “How did you know that I’m a spy?”

 “I watched too many spy movies” she said nonchalant. But Yoon Seong grips her arms harder to warn her. “But Ms. Bodyguard this is not a spy movie, it is real life.”

***********

The more she thinks of it the more she’s getting crazy. She was boxing in Kevin Cabin’s training gym. The gym is better than the old one; Representative Jang got his dream place, thanks to Park Mu-Yeol that lends his money to rent the new place. As a matter of fact, they had so many clients recently because of Mu-Yeol, her superstar baseball player boyfriend, who will do anything for her, the fact is she was the reason why they got this office, Mu-Yeol invested this place so they could have a better condition.

When she informed Representative Jang about her decision in accepting the job offer of Congresswoman Banks he immediately asked her what about Mu-Yeol? Her boss revealed that when he was in spring training, Mu-Yeol always called him everyday just to make sure that she was fine, and asked favor to give her clients that are very manageable to handle, he even told him not to dare to assign her with male client, and in returned he invested in their new office. Representative Jang knows that their superstar baseball athlete has fallen in love with his tomboyish friend bodyguard.

Her tall, handsome and sometimes jerky boyfriend who might be in danger right now………she stomach to think that Mu-Yeol will deal in a messy situation because if her. He almost lost his sanity when Dong So claimed that he was the stalker and he was trying to get ruin his career, he can’t handle the feeling of betrayal especially when Imo his long time care taker whom he treats like a mother was the one who tried to kill her and Jong Hee.

She shakes her head and tells herself that everything will be alright. Words of warning of Lee Yoon Seong are still on her head.  He said that all that happened to her today is a secret that nobody should know it; including her family and Mu-Yeol otherwise their lives will be in jeopardy. He also said that she should not to worry too much because the ring doesn’t know that the chip was on the coat and it on Mu-Yeol place. All they knew is that it is with her Yoo Eun Jae, so she has to be careful, she must avoid to be seen in public and she needs to move out of her house immediately and find a new place to live. Thinking all this things makes her head hurts as tears of frustration gather at the corner of her eye, as she box the punching bag harder, what is her fault why all this things has to happen to her she ask herself. She hope that this is all a bad dream, that when she wakes-up in the morning, she will go to work and live her ordinary life with her family and Mu-Yeol. She sigh heavily, for God sake! She is just an ordinary citizen that wanted live common life, suddenly because of a stupid coat that she accepted as a gift her whole life changes. She doesn’t want to live alone, the thought of not seeing her family saddens her and the idea of leaving her Park Mu-Yeol rips her heart out.

Little that she knows, behind her Park Mu-Yeol is watching her silently at the door with a small smile on his face; he was watching his future wife working out. His wife, he loves to hear that word and the thought of saying it makes his heart flutters. He needs  get to use to it. He knows that it was an abrupt decision on his part, but there are no other options. They need to get married so the people will not think negative thing about her. He assumes that Eun Jae knows about his decision, it is all over the internet the moment he announce the media. He knows that maybe she was a little bit upset because he didn’t even give her notice of what he said to the people, she is taking out her frustration in boxing, and if she is boxing it means she’s taking all her stress out in the punching bag. All he needs to do is to convince her that getting married is the best thing to do; and he is not marrying her because of the scandal, it is because he truly loves her, and he can’t live his life without her.

He sees a towel on a top of the bench and picks it up. He wrapped it around Eun Jae neck and ruffles her hair just like what he used to do. “Enough already” he tells her making Eun Jae jumps in fright “you will kill that poor punching bag” he joke. He thought she was laughing because her shoulders are rocking, little that he knows Eun Jae is silently crying her heart out.

“Yah” he said softly trying to turn her around to face him. But she refuses to face him, ashamed of herself for crying like a baby in front of him, she covers with her hands to stop that sound of grief that she’s feeling. She closes her eyes and tears flow like a river on her cheeks. Mu-Yeol feels something drops wet on his hands, and then he knows it, Eun Jae is crying!

He steps in front of her, holding her both of her shoulders. “Eun Jae…”he called her softly holding her chin trying to tilt it so he can see her face. Still refusing to look at her, Mu-Yeol got frustrated and raises his voice. “Eun Jae, look at me!” he order. He felt his heart skip a beat when she slowly turn around, her wounded round eyes wet with tears stares back at him; and that does it. He gathers her in his arms and embraces her tightly and he put his chin on top of her head. Eun Jae cries harder, and Mu-Yeol felt like his heart is shredded into thousands of pieces.

“I’m sorry” he whispered, his eyes seems to be wet as well. “I’m so sorry” he said sincerely. Gathering her more tightly in his arms.