Scandal Strikes Again

Wild Romance 2 (purely fanfic)

 

Chapter 3

The buzzing of doorbell wakes up Mu-Yeol from his sleep, he tried to block the noise by covering his pillow over his ears, but the insistent visitor keeps ringing the bell.

“Aish…..” he muttered irately, glancing at the small clock on his side table. It’s only 6 o’clock in the morning; he force himself to step out of the bed while blindly goes to the front door to open it. He only has 4 hours of sleep; he and Eun Jae talked the whole evening last night to catch up the time they missed together. Eun Jae had lots of stories that she shared with him, all her adventure to a foreign land that they only watched in television came to life because of his khultong. He smiles dreamily as he remembered the passionate kiss they shared in the airport, he can still feel her sweet lips on his mouth that he felt his loins tighten, he was still imagining wild things with Eun Jae when a loud scream wake him up from his dream.

“Park Mu-Yeol!” the angry voice of Mgr. Kim Tae Hee hisses on his ears.

“What!” he scream back annoyed at him from breaking his day dreaming with Eun Jae.

“Mr. Park Mu-Yeol, what did you do again this time?”He said formally trying to control his anger.

“Why what did I do?” he asked the question back to him, yawning, “I don’t remember doing anything wrong?”

“You don’t remember?” he said crossly, as he takes out his tablet find a video file, when he found it showed it to him.

Mu-Yeol’s eyes almost pop out when he saw the video, it was their kissing video of Eun Jae at the airport, suddenly he felt his cheeks burn with embarrassment.

“Congratulations! You did it again!” Raising his hand in surrender, “Aren’t you satisfied last year, and now you did it again with Yoo Eun Jae.”

“Well…..I didn’t plan this to happen, it just……..”

“Any minute now the media will camp again outside your door, they wanted to find out who is the girl. Good thing they didn’t know it was Eun Jae”

“Why do they care?” he said nonchalantly.

“Why do they care?” he repeated him sarcastically. “You always forget that you are a public figure. Any single move that you make, positive or negative always affects your career, but it not only your career but the people around you.” He explained, “Just think of Eun Jae, for sure media people are already finding out all the information about her, where she lives, what she is doing for a living, her family background…….”

Mu-Yeol felt a thug in his heart, he knew everything about being a public figure and he is paying a price of being famous, he told himself that if he settle with Eun Jae he will not involve her in anything that will besmirch her image, it is enough that he has tons of anti fans but imagining Eun Jae will have on her own anti is really disheartening……..

Automatically Mu-Yeol, went to his laptop and searches the video on line. He was not surprise that it is the number one search for of the day. When he clicks on the video there are hundreds of comments posted of netizens  at the comment box mostly malicious and negative ones.

Who is the girl? She looks like .

 Go, Park Mu-Yeol! Eat her alive.

Get a room!

Park Mu-Yeol, Home run!

She looks like a cheabol, but why she’s acting loose?

Back off ! Oppa is mine!

What a harlot!

Die you ! Die! Die! Die!

Mu-Yeol gritted his teeth in fury and balls his fist “I’m going to sue all of them!” Long before he was reading all about negative comments about himself and he knew the pain it brought him, but he ignored them not caring about them because he knew that they’re just bunch of people that has nothing to do in their pathetic life, but now they’re besmirching the life of an innocent girl, especially his girl. He will not stay still unless someone takes responsibility. He looks straight to the eyes of Manager Kim.

“Tae Hee,” calling his given name for the first time. “Please help me….” He said in a sincere voice.

Manager Kim close his eyes and sigh in resignation, he knew that it is not the time to point finger on Mu-Yeol and blame him for being careless, but it time to think of a solution. Nevertheless he thinks of Mu-Yeol like a brother, even since last year they become close to each other because of Mu-Yeol stalker case. It tested their loyalty to each other that’s why a bond was form within them. He also enjoyed his company, especially every time they have double date with Eun Jae and his Dong Ah. Besides Eun Jae was like a sister to him because she is Dong Ah’s long time best friend.

“First, tell me what exactly happen.” Taking out his pen and notepad. Mu –Yeol told him honestly what happened in the airport. Tae Hee can’t hide his smile from what he heard from him, Mu-Yeol change a lot when he met Eun Jae.

Actually Yoo Eun Jae was Mu-Yeol’s body guard last year, due to annoying circumstance, Tae Hee was the one who think that Eun Jae must post as Mu-Yeol body guard until the issue will be forgotten for the threat of Mu-Yeol’s life was for real that’s why he decide to keep her as his body guard. That is how their love story began, at first they hated each other too much but destiny tried their loyalty, until they became friend and mostly inseparable. Especially the reappearance of his first love Kang Jong Hee from England, but from what he thinks Jong Hee’s return to Korea was a blessing in disguise because if not from her Mu-Yeol will not recognize his true feeling for Eun Jae. He vehemently denied his feeling that he sees Eun Jae not a woman , actually he thought that he sees her as his little brother, because of her tomboyish image. Eun Jae once confessed her feelings to him, but Jong Hee interrupted them and she took it as a joke; and from that day on Eun was just watching from the back if Mu-Yeol and Jong Hee is having a date. It must be painful especially for a girl like Eun Jae who is good in hiding her feelings. Only when Jong Hee asked Mu-Yeol to get back together for good was the time that he realize that he will not be happy with Jong Hee but with the girl who was always supporting his back.

    Now that they haven’t seen each other for more than three months, Tae Hee  sympathizes with Mu-Yeol after not seeing his girl for a long time.  It’s just natural for them to feel excited and misses each other so much. If only if Mu-Yeol is not so popular, any ordinary couple will do what they did.

Checking his watch, “Media will come any minute now.” Taking his bag on the carpet floor, he stand up and walks to the door. He told him just to wait for his call, he looked back at him and bid farewell with a curt bow. He is already forming a plan how they will clear up this mess.

Mu-Yeol had a quick shower, blow dry his hair, put on set of fresh clothes and takes with him his ever reliable sun glasses. He goes to the basement parking and get in to his new shiny red Ferrari, it was his payment from winning the title in Korean Series. He drive away from his apartment while some other vans from different T.V station had already parked beside the building,  making their way to the entrance of his apartment. Good thing that this time, nobody will go inside his house because after the Imo’s incident he never hired another permanent house keeper.

He drives familiarly to the streets in Gong Moon Dong, before he went out of his house he was thinking where he would hide for a while, before he can stay at the house his hyung Dong Soo, but now they live outside the city. His car took him in front of his khultong, he didn’t mean to come to her house but it just comes naturally. He felt that a part of his life belong to Eun Jae, he remembers as well that he also came to her house to hide when the scandal of bar waiter occur, he was very thankful to her for all the help she did to save his hide. He presses the bell and waited outside the gate.

Eun Jae’s dad and Chang Gul was preparing breakfast, they’re getting ready to go to their sushi shop until they heard the bell buzz. “Who will come to visit early in the morning?” her brother complains, interrupting his work. He went out and opens the gate. “Who is there?” he asks. Mu-Yeol gave him a cut bow before going inside their house. “Annyunghaseyo” Chang Gul said forcedly, though he still doesn’t like his noona’s boyfriend he can’t do anything, because he knew that he can’t never win over his sister.

“Annyunghaseyo” Mu-Yeol greeted Mr. Yoo, as soon as he entered their house. Though he has been inside their house many times, it is still weird seeing all Blue Seagull items around it.

“What are you doing here early in the morning?” Mr. Yoo asked him with an irate face, he was not happy with him calling in the morning. “You just dropped Eun Jae last night around 1am, and now your back?”

Before Mu-Yeol can confidently looks straight in Mr. Yoo eyes, but at this moment he felt ashamed of himself of kissing Eun Jae in public. He promise him that he will take care of Eun Jae and will not do anything stupid to harm her image while they’re dating , but now for sure her  father will misinterpret them. This is the first time that he felt squirming on her father’s scrutinizing  gaze. “Is Eun Jae is asleep?” he said looking around the room wishing Eun Jae will miraculously appear in the room.

“Obviously, you dropped her just this morning, and after few hours you’re already looking for her.”

Mu-Yeol clears his throat preparing a long speech, but Chung Gul opens the pot of soup and the aroma of food suddenly made his stomach loudly growls for meal. Mr. Yoo expression softens a bit and invited him for breakfast. He gladly accepts his offer because he also wanted to delay their conversation. Beside he was also hungry and he can’t think properly with an empty stomach. As soon as he had the first bite, he automatically praises him. “Wow! Mr. Yoo, your food is deabak!” Eun Jae’s father grins from ear to ear, “really?” here have try some of this one, offering a tasty deep fried sweet and sour pork, “it’s Korean pork, Eun Jae’s favorite” Mu-Yeol take a piece and praise him once again. He misses to eat all homemade food, all he does is to eat out or order delivery food since he doesn’t have a cook.

“Where is Eun Jae’s mom?” he asked, he haven’t seen her came out since they started eating.

“She went to visit her home town; one of her relatives gave birth.”

“Ahh….” He went back in eating, running out of conversation he suddenly blurt out “Mr. Yoo, can I stay her just for a few hour?”

“What!” chorus father and son.

“Some situation occurs and I don’t have any place to stay.” He said staring at his food.

“Why? What happened?” Mr. Yoo demanded.

“Apa wait” Chang Gul said running to his laptop quickly opening it. Then he search something on line. His eyes went round as a saucer when he saw the video, then runs back to the dining table bringing his laptop to show it to his dad. “What…..” Mu-Yeol closes his eyes in defeat, expecting both men to pound him.  But fist never comes, he slowly open his eyes and peek at them. Their eyes are blazing with anger, but they never tried to hit him. Finally Mr. Yoo speaks, “I’m just controlling myself because of my daughter, because I promise her that I will not lay a finger on you” he said gritting his teeth, “but this time you have to fix this” he said in a serious voice, “I will trust you this time because my life’s daughter depends on you, but if you can’t do it, you better say your goodbye to Eun Jae soon.” With that he stands up from the table and order Chang Gul to clear the table.  They silently clears everything up and leave the house for work, they didn’t even look back at him while they’re going out. Suddenly Mu-Yeol a tug in his heart, not because he feels sorry for them, it’s because they still trust him to clear everything up, it’s the first time that this people believe him. He goes to Eun Jae’s room and knocks, when there is no answer, he slowly opens it and let himself in. His khultong is still sleeping, he know that she still have jet lag from her travel, so he sits down besides the bed and watch her sleeping. She looks so innocent while sleeping, her long lashes lays softly at her clear supple cheeks that he love to pinch, her shiny growing hair is half covering her face, so he automatically tuck her hair at the back of her ears and softly caressing his cheeks. This is too good to be true, his angel is back but the first thing that he gave her was some messy situation, he really feels sorry for her, especially those malicious comments regarding her. His heart is wrenching whenever he is thinking that people is going to insult her when they see her in the street, or maybe some crazy anti fans throws eggs on her. He cannot bear those things to happen to her.

There is only one thing to do.

He called Manager Kim and arranges a press conference.

*********

Tons of camera flashes as soon serious Park Mu-Yeol and Manager Kim entered the conference rooms. Reporters are like vultures waiting eagerly waiting for meat to gobble up, and Park Mu-Yeol is the tastiest of them all. Rapid question was asked as soon as finishes his introduction.

“Mr. Park, how do you feel about the video that appears recently?”

“Mr. Park who is the girl that you’re with yesterday?”

“Mr. Park, what can you say about this scandal again, it has been not less than one year when scandal always at your tail?

All of a sudden, Park Mu- Yeol broke in a huge grin and smiles at everyone. “Aren’t all going to congratulate me?” The whole room abruptly when silence at his weird statement.

Reporter Go quickly asked him. “Why we have to congratulate you?”

Then Mu-Yeol drops the bomb to the vultures.

“I’m getting married next month!”

***********

The sound of her phone ringing wakes up Eun Jae from her 10 hour sleep, her head pounds in pain from long hours of sleep. She blindly reaches for her insistent phone and answers it.

“Hello” she said in sleepy voice.

“Is this Yoo Eun Jae?” a male voice asked her.

“Yes, who’s this?”

“I’m outside you house you have to come out and talk to me.”

“Yah!” Eun Jae shouted at the caller, “I don’t have time in your crazy prank. Get lost!”

“If you don’t believe me, Park Mu-Yeol will be in danger after 12 hours” the caller threats her.

That made her spring up from her bed. “Wait who are you?”

“You have 10 minutes to come out.” The line went dead.