Chapter 3

Tavern of Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

Chanyeol bit his lips as he looked around. Though he often passes here, he has never seen this place before.

 

The building looked out of place in the middle of such gorgeous houses that surrounded it. Lush greenery surrounded the establishment which looked magnificent. By the looks of it, it was straight out of a fantasy world manga, and it made Chanyeol scoff in disbelief. How could he have missed something so fascinating?

 

“This is the Taverna della Stella Guida.” Daeyeon smiled at the youngster, who was busy looking around the place. There was a mischievous smile on his face that Chanyeol didn’t notice, but his eyes were twinkling with hope.

 

The old man turned around and headed for the huge dark brown fibreglass entry door. It didn’t look like the lights were on from the outside, but once the doors opened, a warm light seeped through. 

 

As the ring of the bell resounded around the place, Chanyeol couldn’t help but hold his breath with his nerves tingling all over his body.

 

A long granite bar counter was located at the left side from the entrance. Several long chairs stood by the counter while tables and chairs were positioned on its opposite. Behind the bar counter was a rectangular hole where part of the kitchen was visible. Beside the bar counter was a door that leads to the back of the house.

 

When Chanyeol finally entered, his footsteps halted as soon as his eyes landed on someone standing near the bar counter.

 

He wasn’t sure what happened. But everything else seemed to have disappeared around him. The only thing his mind concentrated on was the guy standing a few meters from him. He was smaller than Chanyeol in height, but something about him felt like he was bigger than Chanyeol. The taller could hear his heart thumping loudly in his chest, as if those eyes that looked back at him were familiar. So familiar that it felt as if he had seen it, longed for it, despite never seeing it in the years of his life. He wanted to say something, let out words that his heart seemed to desire, but nothing came out of his lips.

 

The man he was looking at had the same expression Chanyeol had. He was surprised, yet there was a look of longing in his eyes as if they’ve met before. If time knew how to stop ticking, the two would be staring at each other for ages.

 

“Welcome to Taverna della Stella Guida.” Chanyeol was pulled out of his trance by the sudden greeting of someone beside him. He didn’t even notice the guy when they entered, since the one near the bar counter immediately captured his eyes.

 

“Uh… Yeah… Hi.”

 

“This is the young man I was talking to you about Minseok-nim,” the old man Daeyeon stated, his tone seemed proud for some reason.

 

The man Daeyeon called Minseok had this mischievous looking smirk with cat-like eyes. “Ah! Is he, now?” He clapped. 

 

“I met him twice this morning. And when I met him for the third time, I followed your instructions and guided him here.”

 

Minseok had a satisfied smile on his lips as he listened to the old man’s statement. “You did great. It looks like… he’s the one. My name is Kim Minseok. I’m the general manager of the tavern.” He let out a sweet smile at Chanyeol as he reached out a hand. There was a spark of mischievous in his eyes as he looked at the new arrival.

 

Chanyeol, on the other hand, felt his insides churn while he looked at Minseok’s hand. He shouldn’t feel that way but somehow he did. He hesitantly reached out his hand to shake Minseok’s. “Uh… I’m Park, Chanyeol. N-Nice to meet you.”

 

Minseok’s brows shoot up as if realizing something. The general manager suddenly glanced behind him to look at the person who stole Chanyeol’s attention when he entered. Gone was the smirk on his lips, but now he was grinning, as if figuring out a puzzle with Chanyeol as the final piece.

 

Chanyeol wasn’t sure what was going on but his gaze followed where Minseok was looking, and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter