002

fire and water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

yongsun cleared when byulyi had no intention of getting up. 

 

byulyi looked up from the file she was reading and smiled her toothy smile. “hey, gorgeous.” 

 

“do not call me that. and it’s agent kim yongsun to you.” yongsun rolled her eyes.

 

“i see. so someone has a title kink.” byulyi stood up, she was only slightly shorter than yongsun. “agent.” byulyi said seductively and winked, which disgusted yongsun to no ends.

 

“you don’t have permission to read those files.” yongsun snatched the stack of files back.

 

“so where do we start?” byulyi asked as if it was an obvious question.

 

“i have not put together a team, but you will definitely not be included.”

 

yongsun sat down at her desk, finally, and byulyi towered over her. 

 

“come on, i’m the best detective here. you won’t find someone else better than me.”

 

“unlike you, detective moon, i value respect and courtesy. i’d rather put together a team of junior detectives who respect the people they work with than to put you in my team.”

 

byulyi scoffed and returned to her desk. 

 

“stupid agent, who do you think you are? coming in here acting like you are the best. no one knows this city better than me.” byulyi muttered under her breath as she ate a leftover muffin on her desk.

 

she was sure that the muffin had gone bad, but what the hell, right?

 

“someone pissed you off?” a teasing voice was heard behind. 

 

byulyi didn’t need to turn around to be able to recognise her best friend, jeong wheein.

 

“and why are you eating a day old muffin?” wheein took the muffin off of byulyi’s hand, and replaced it with a fresh blueberry muffin.

 

“uptight fbi agent who thinks she’s above everyone else.”

 

“she seems nice. and if she’s being assigned to this case, then it must mean she’s a big shot. you know that. you just don’t like someone coming here and claiming your city.”

 

byulyi scoffed, “i’m not scared of anything. now go kiss her like everyone else is doing.”

 

 

yongsun decided to walk into a bistro that has opened in the late afternoon. she had been reading the files of the strength-enhancing drug all day and hadn't gotten her lunch. she decided to pop in and order a salad. 

 

despite wanting to explore seoul a little, work always comes first. once she ensures that the kids here are safe, she can explore the city for as long as she wants.

 

of course, yongsun's moment of peace was interrupted by a barbarian.

 

"hey, uh, agent kim? are you sure you're an fbi agent?" 

 

"what do you mean, detective moon? of course i am." yongsun rolled her eyes. after annoying her for the entire morning, byulyi has the audacity to doubt her?

 

"oh, okay. i just wanted to check, because i thought you were an artist. you know, since you're so good at drawing me in."

 

yongsun rolled her eyes for the nth time that day. she rolled her eyes so hard she could've swore she saw her brain.

 

"if you don't mind?" yongsun pointed at her half-eaten salad.

 

"of course." byulyi pulled out a bar stool and sat next to yongsun.

 

of course byulyi took it as an invitation to sit down.

 

after a few moments of silence, byulyi cleared , "alright. i'm sorry for being rude, agent kim. but i am the best detective in seoul and i try my best every day to keep kids out of trouble. i can be of help if you will let me. all you need is me in your team, we can work together and bring down the drug lord. with my knowledge of the city and that brilliant brain of yours, we could be very powerful." byulyi said in the most sincere tone she could come up with.

 

yongsun pondered the matter for a few moments, before she set her fork down.

 

maybe byulyi could be of help. yongsun knows byulyi will be of help to her. 

 

because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter