001

fire and water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

byulyi sped through the red lights and within only three minutes, she arrived at the coffee shop she frequents.

 

the dark haired woman pushed through the crowd of people and long queue towards the counter, all the while shouting, “ma’am, sir, excuse me! official business! which part of that do you not understand?!”

 

once she reached the counter, she let out a breath and took off her sunglasses. she was about to place her order when someone stopped her, “excuse me? who do you think you are? you can’t just skip the queue when everyone had been queuing for the past ten minutes.” 

 

byulyi took a minute to scan the woman from head to toe.

 

she has long brown hair that stop just right above her bosoms, her dark brown eyes piercing into byulyi’s soul and what seems to be a permanent frown on her face.

 

byulyi smirked, “hey, you’re new. chanhee-ya, she’s new, have you seen her before?” 

 

the barista taking orders behind the counter shook his head.

 

“and to answer your question, i think i have privilege.” byulyi shoved her detective id card in the woman’s face. “so if you’ll excuse me, i’m already late.”

 

“you are abusing your privilege, that’s what you are doing. i’m not going to stand by and let that happen.”

 

“ooo, a feisty one, i like that. alright, i’ll go.” byulyi raised her brows and flashed a toothy grin. byulyi turned back to chanhee, “find out her name for me, will ya, chanhee?” 

 

chanhee only laughed at byulyi’s antics before resuming to take orders. 

 

byulyi left the coffee shop feeling amused by the woman. she’s definitely new around here, and byulyi hoped to see her again just so she could again.

 

 

yongsun flashed her fbi agent badge while walking towards the gantries. she has been assigned to seoul for a mission, and while yongsun doesn’t like to travel much, if she has to travel to complete a mission, even if she’s uncomfortable at it, she’ll do it.

 

she stopped at the reception and knock on the table when she sees the receptionist clearly dozing off.

 

“should i tell your boss that you’re too tired to work today and send you home?” yongsun said in a stern voice. the receptionist was clearly terrified.

 

“i’m sorry, ma’am. how can i help you?” 

 

yongsun read the name tag on the receptionist’s shirt that read yerim.

 

“fbi agent kim yongsun. i have a meeting with sergeant jeong eunji.”

 

yerim read the computer screen for a few seconds before looking back up again, “yes, i see it. she’s ready for you, ma’am. her office is just down the hall to the left.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter