004

fire and water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

byulyi was about to leave as the weather got more and more chilly, but lady luck must be smiling at her because winter came out of the club for a smoke break by herself. byulyi crossed the road quickly to approach the younger woman.

 

"hey." byulyi said in a low voice which spooked winter.

 

"u--unnie." winter put out her cigarette before she took a second puff.

 

"what are you doing, hanging around lee juyeon?" 

 

byulyi watched how winter tensed up. and the detective was really glad that winter still respected her enough. if byulyi just stood her ground for a few more minutes, she could really fish some information out of winter.

 

"i'm working for him. it's good money, unnie, please, i need it."

 

"what do you know about this new strength-enhancing drug?" byulyi showed winter a picture of the drug. "it's being targeted at teenagers, and i suspect lee juyeon or his father, lee minwoo is the main supplier for this drug." 

 

"i really don't know anything about this, unnie. i just does whatever juyeon oppa asks me to. i'm really just someone he keeps around so i can entertain creepy businessmen and keep them happy, so deals go through smoothly. his right-hand man, eric son, is the one who follows him around everywhere." winter said in the most serious and sincere tone.

 

byulyi trusts winter, she trusts that the younger woman wouldn't dare to screw her around.

 

because byulyi knows winter and her criminal background enough to keep her in prison for life should winter betray byulyi.

 

"okay. the rule still applies, you little brat, if i catch you committing crimes, you go to jail."

 

winter rolled her eyes. 

 

byulyi walked back towards the station, after remembering that she took yongsun's car here. she fished for her phone in her back pocket, and to her surprise, she found a note that wasn't in there before.

 

shipment coming through 01/02

midnight

seoul marina club and yacht

'mystarlady'

 

"thanks, kid." byulyi smiled to herself and kept the note safely in her pocket, making a mental note to show it to yongsun.

 

 

yongsun had been listening closely to lee juyeon and his crew since she got back to the station. there wasn't much movement, but yongsun did hear something about a shipment coming through. and that juyeon specifically instructed his crew to be even more careful this time as he suspects that the police are onto them.

 

yongsun smirked, because of course they are. state police called yongsun in to stop this drug lord from doing more damage to the country.

 

feeling tired from listening almost the entire evening, yongsun turned off her computer and read the time on the watch only to realise it was already half past nine. 

 

she felt her stomach rumble and headed towards the pantry.

 

she noticed the light was , and it surprised her because she was always the last to leave the office, wherever she goes. 

 

walking into the pantry, she found byulyi dozing off on the couch with opened so wide a fly could get in, and a half eaten packet of biscuit in her hand. 

 

what a barbarian.

 

yongsun shook her head and took the biscuit off of byulyi’s hand. 

 

“what do you want?!” byulyi’s eyes opened at the slightest movement around her, and holds out her gun.

 

“woah! hey, hey! it’s just me!” 

 

“DO NOT DO THAT NEXT TIME! JESUS CHRIST!” byulyi held her chest.

 

“i’m sorry. i was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter