003

fire and water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

there was a comfortable silence between the two women but the silence was short lived when byulyi started talking (again). 

 

“so what made you want to be an fbi agent?” byulyi asked while stealing a piece of broccoli on yongsun’s plate. 

 

yongsun rolled her eyes, “can’t we just have a meal quietly?”

 

“oh come on! it’s boring. we’re going to be working together, we might as well get to know each other. come on, sunshine, tell me about yourself.”

 

yongsun let out a deep and heavy breath. byulyi thought the older woman didn’t want to talk about herself. but a few seconds later, yongsun spoke up.

 

she shrugs, “i guess it started with wanting to find my own parents when i was in foster care.”

 

“i’m sorry.” for once, byulyi felt like someone should take a stapler and staple shut. 

 

“it’s alright. now will you let me eat in peace?” 

 

byulyi nods. she smiled that stupid toothy smile and for once, yongsun didn’t want to wipe it off of her face. 

 

the lunch continues with two women having their own food. with byulyi stealing some of yongsun’s food occasionally. 

 

but the older woman let her. 

 

almost like a reward for keeping quiet and letting yongsun have her lunch quietly and peacefully. 

 

“that was a lovely date.” byulyi said out of the blue while they’re waiting for the elevator.

 

“i wouldn’t call it a date. it’s a lunch between two colleagues.” yongsun said without even looking at byulyi for a split second.

 

“aww come on! colleagues? i thought we’re more than that! we’ve got to be at least acquaintances!” byulyi whined. 

 

a ding noise signalled the arrival of the elevator at the ground floor. byulyi gestured for yongsun to enter first. byulyi followed closely behind and pressed for the tenth level. 

 

“acquaintances.” yongsun said as the elevator starts moving up.

 

“that’s a good start.” byulyi looked at yongsun and smiled, and yongsun could feel it even though she’s not looking at the detective.

 

 

yongsun wasn’t going to lie, she loves her job and takes her job very seriously, and sometimes too seriously, but on some days she couldn’t stand being cooped in an office environment.

 

yongsun decided that going around the streets would be far more efficient than just looking for potential suspects through the lists and lists and lists of ex-criminals. 

 

she has a few suspects in mind, so why not go out and have a look? that’s what most of her job is about anyway. 

 

she grabbed her things and walked towards byulyi’s desk, seen as they are working on the case together, yongsun thought she should ask byulyi along.

 

walking nearer towards byulyi’s desk, she noticed a woman with a slender figure towering over byulyi at her desk. 

 

yongsun recognised the woman to be a certain son naeun. a bounty hunter that hangs out way too much here. 

 

yongsun rolled her eyes at how the woman was wearing a dangerously low v-neck crop top and a skirt so short she might as well don’t wear one.

 

any lower and her s are going to show themselves and have a party in byulyi’s face, yongsun thought. 

 

clearing , both women looked up at yongsun. 

 

son naeun clearly irritated as yongsun interrupted them.

 

“detective moon, if you can keep it in your pants a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter