Chapter 09

Dreams and Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He's Stubborn and She's adamant

Chp. 09

 

The bullies died down instantly after that day. I don't know what those seniors had done but the girls had left me alone. Though, they did give me looks whenever I passed by but they didn't do anything. As much as I am grateful for their help, it feels kind of awkward. You know, being protected by them. I don't know what to feel about them but I feel more ashamed of myself about this matter and I am not used to it. 

Other than that, ever since that day I haven't met Baekhyun. One day he’s in school and then he’s not. It’s like he’s always absent. When I sensed his presence, I would always halt and turned away. I don’t know why but I am not brave enough to face him after what I had said to him that day. I know my mind wasn't thinking right at that time but it was still embarrassing. I look kinda childish too when I’m running away from him. Usually, it was him but now the table had turned.

Of course Jihae and Hayeon noticed my behaviour but they didn't say anything. Fortunately for me, they just followed my weird acts. They are curious but they let me be. “I don’t understand why you’re running away from him but this is cute” Hayeon said to me when we walked from class to the field but then we saw Baekhyun and the rest of his friends are there. Immediately, I turned around and dragged Hayeon away before she could even shout Chanyeol’s name.

“I’m not running away from him” I said with a straight face

She snorts, smiling. “Yeah sure~” she giggled then. “It’s cute seeing you like this. First it was him who avoid you and now you. Gosh, you both are so weird and cute" 

I didn't comment on that

“If you don’t know, he’s also curious why you’re avoiding him. You think he didn’t notice your odd running away? He knows babe~ He knows~” she says, her tone teasing.

“Doesn’t matter if he knows, I just don’t want to see him right now” I replied to her. Looking back at the path and just dragged ourselves somewhere.

“What did you do?”

I purse my lips, still embarrassed by it. "I said something embarrassing to him so I’m not ready to face him”

She laughs

 

 

⚜️

 

 

Jiae and Hayeon after that day never let go of me. They always accompanied me wherever I go. They don't want to leave me alone like I would usually do. Even if I said that the bullying had stopped, they still don't care. I love how caring and thoughtful they are but sometimes I actually want to be alone.

I miss walking alone.

So, tonight I want to sneak out. Nothing to do actually, I just want to walk around and breathe in the night air. I doubt the vicious girls are awake to bully me at night.

I slept early last night because I don’t want to lose the chance. The time is 3.30 right now and in a few hours it’s going to be morning. I get up from my bed quietly, carefully to not accidentally waking up Jihae. I wear a jacket over my simple pyjamas, slip in my shoes and walk out the girls’ dormitory. I just walk straight towards the academy. I thought of going to the forest but it is so dark right now so I opt for the buildings where some lights are lit up. The academy ground is huge so that’s where the nice strolls can be.

I walk slowly, tucking my hands in the pockets of my jacket and just breath in the warm air. Whenever I see a tree in my way, I touch it and let their energy wave flow to me, filling up my energy in a good way. I smile. This is why I love to be alone, I love to do this secretly. Then I sigh, suddenly my mind feel the trouble.

After that day with Baekhyun at the field, when I burst a part of my aura openly without me knowing, I was so scared people would sensed it. I don't want to hear their judgement or reaction. I know it can lead to questions, like ‘How can a newbie and a first year have that strong aura’ etc. More qestions will follow after that, and I don’t know how I can even answer that without lying about it.

I always try to hide it. I don't know why but I had always done that. Dad said that I have to be careful but I never really question about why I have to. However, I never really had much problem about hiding my powers. I was surrounded by humans while growing up. But now it's different and I don't actually know what to do. 

I have a feeling that Junmyeon and his friends sensed it. Sehun always look at me like he is trying to dig something out of me. I never really talk to that guy but he always act like that. It is scary to be honest. Junmyeon also mentioned that I got their attention and that I'm interesting? What is that supposed to mean? Did they know? Does Junmyeon oppa know? Does he knows? 

I don't know if I want to tell anyone. Everybody already know I have telekinesis and people already suspected that I am strong. Do I want to be honest? What if I tell them that I have another ability? What would they think of me? Is it weird? Is it bad? Can I let it out free? I'm scared--

My feet halt, my eyes wide unblinking when I heard some strange noise.

What is that? Is it a ghost? 

I gulp, looking right and left before I heard it again. It sounded like a-- "Someone's here..." I whisper to myself when I had idenfitied the noise as someone was groaning. I stay quiet for a while, trying to hear the noise again. I did. I heard a hissing before I heard a thumping sound on the ground -- maybe someone had fell. I quickly move and going towards the source. My heart is pounding in anxiety but I am also curious. Who the hell would be here in the middle of the night walking in the academy and not be in bed? 

I almost snort out loud at myself because I had just described myself. Nevertheless, I turn another corner, the greenhouse can be seen from here and then I felt it. 

That familiar tingles, that presence 

I halt again, shocked to feel him here. Is it him? Why he is here? Brushing away my question, I move again until I spot a black hunch figure leaning against a wall. Nervously, I walk towards that figure. That familiar tingles keeps on getting stronger the closer I get. 

He then straightening his back, he felt me too didn't he? His shoulders tensing before he turns his head around and our eyes met. 

I frown staring at him, "Baekhyun?"

He stares back with wide eyes, shocked. "Ahri?! What are you doing here?" 

“I should ask you that too. What are you doing here?” I am confused seeing him here. Why the hell is this happening? What are the odds of us seeing again? Really, and it is now in the middle of the night. I don't want to see him and then now he is standing there in front of me. I scratch my head, thinking of turning around but thought otherwise. It would be more awkward between us if I suddenly leave. My eyes scan him, staring at his attire that consist of black loose shirt, similar dark jeans and his face-- 

I gasp quietly to myself, "You're hurt" I go closer to him, wanting to see his face more clearer. Without thinking my hand raised to touch his jaw and some surge suddenly going on inside me, making me tremble. He did too. Apparent he got the same reaction as me.

He frowns at me and tries to move away but he hisses instead. I snort at his stubbornness and resume to examining his face. My eyes are staring at his face to which he is glaring at me. I know that I should be cowering or look away right now but when he does that it just makes him look hotter. I mentally slap myself immediately. I distract myself to focus on the bruises, cuts and there’s dried blood on his face before my mind can think of something else. I look at his forehead, his hard eyes, his cheeks, his chin and his lips—

“Are you done?” he scowls. I look back at his eyes and tssk.

“Are you always this grumpy?” I get annoyed by his usual grumpy and all that glaring face. Can’t he just smile? “Can’t you smile?” I said it out. 

He looks weird out by that, raising his eyebrow looking at me “Are you always this weird? Like is everything so curious to you? Why are you even here” he asked, push my hand away from his face and tssk back at me.

I make a face and lowers back down my hand to my side. “Of course everything would be curious to me. What do you expect? I see you walking here in the middle of the night"

"Well you are too"

"And you're hurt" 

"I can take care of myself" 

I huff, frowning at him. "Really, why are you so stubborn? I'm trying to help here" 

"I don't need your help. Just go back to bed" He turns his head away from me and if I could, I just want to slap his face. But no, I won't do that. He has enough injuries and I don't want to do anymore damage. I sigh and turn my head to the side, a second after I realize we are close to the greenhouse and I swear I spot a first aid kit in there. I turn back to look at him. 

"Let's get you to the greenhouse, there's a first aid kit there" I said before I tried to pull his arm. He turns to glare at me, his arm shake away avoiding me. "What part you don't understand, woman. Just go away" 

I huff again, frustrated before I slap his arm. He goes "Ow!" and cradle his arm. "You!--" he then stops himself when he sees how hard my expression is. He gulps. 

I take it as my chance to proceed to help him to walk there. I noticed before he was having a hard time walking earlier. When I want to put his arm over my shoulder, he takes his arm away. I want to glare at him but he avoids looking at me. He is looking down at the ground, his voice low. "I...I can walk there by myself" he said before he starts walking. 

Sighing, I follow behind him

"What were you doing? Did you get into a fight or something?" I decide to ask, to fill up the awkwardness between us. Even though the greenhouse is close by, there is a bit of a path to walk through. 

He stays quiet, just looking at the front

I purse my lips, feeling annoyance bubbling inside me. "Why were you wandering around the academy? Why didn't you go back to your dorm?" I asked more

He stays quiet, again

"Wait, do you sleep in a dorm? You have a dorm room right?" I suddenly wondered it out after I remembered that he is a royal, a high status. "Do you royals sleep in a dorm too? Or do you have a private house nearby--"

He suddenly turns around to face me. He looks unamused

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter