Chapter 4

ILLUSION

 

"Who are you?"

 

"Yuri."

 

"Last name?"

 

"Kwon."

 

"Okay, and do you know your birthday?"

 

"December 5th, 1989."

 

"Good. Do you know who your parents are?" The doctor asked Yuri. She was sitting on her bed, and he had pulled a chair up next to it. The whole thing felt kind of clique. Maybe she was in a 1930's movie? Well her family did seem fittingly perfect. Anyway, the doctor had thought it would be best for her to be relaxed and comfortable.

 

" Kwon Sang Woo and Kim Tae Hee."

 

"Okay, so you know all the basics. Do you remember your childhood?"

 

"Yes! Okay, I told you when you got here, I remember everything up until February 18, 2012. I know the exact date my memory stops, and from there I have no recollection of, of any of this." Yuri said.

 

"So you do not remember your daughter or husband?" the doctor asked.

 

"No. Well, I remember Yunho, we knew each other in high school. But I never knew we got married."

 

"Yuri did anything eventful happen to you on that night, the last one you remember?"

 

"No. It was pretty typical for me. I was drunk, and I'd slept with some guy I didn't even know, I'd been out partying before. I came home and went to bed. And when I woke up, it was seven years later." Yuri said.

 

"I see. Do you drink a lot?"

 

"Yes. Well, no, I don't think she does. I mean I don't think me now, at twenty seven drinks. But me at nineteen, yeah she drinks. She's unhappy." Yuri sighed. She realized she didn't really want to go back to nineteen. She just wanted to gain her memories so that she didn't feel like the past seven years were wasted.

 

"Hm. Yuri, I have examined you, and been unable to find anything medically wrong with you. There are no indications of brain damage. I think what's going on with you is psychological. It may be that you are trying to subconsciously supress a memory, perhaps of something that took place after that night. I'm not specialized in that area, but I'm going to recommend you get some rest this weekend and make an appointment with a psychiatrist as soon as possible." The doctor stood up and walked to the doorway where Yunho had been standing, looking anxiously at his wife. They talked for a minute, and the doctor handed Yunho his bill.

 

Yunho walked towards Yuri and sat down on the bed next to her.

 

"The doctor thinks you should lay down for a while." Yunho said. He her long hair, then kissed her temple affectionately making her smile.

 

Yuri laughed a little, "You know, I can't remember a thing about my life right now. You'd think I'd be incredibly upset, but being near you just makes me so happy. I'm certain I love you even if I can't remember dating you."

 

"I love you so much." Yunho replied. He put his hands on her shoulders and kissed her forehead, then her nose, and then her lips. Yuri kissed him back. When his tongue entered , she felt the teenage part of her recieving her first kiss from Jung Yunho. They kissed for a few minutes.

 

Yunho pulled away from her, smiling, "I hope that wasn't to weird for you, I mean since you don't even remember being romantic towards me."

 

"It's not weird at all." Yuri replied, "Besides, I've always had a crush on you. A huge crush."

 

"Well I'm glad." Yunho said, kissing her once more, "Because I don't think I could make it one day without your kisses."

 

"Well I just want to get to know my everyday life like it normally is anyways." Yuri said, "So maybe later you can show me what goes on in the bedroom." She smiled seductively at him.

 

Yunho chuckled, "I don't know if that would comply with the doctors wishes. Bedrest remember?"

 

"I'll be in bed, just not resting." Yuri reasoned.

 

"Umma?" Hana's tiny voice called. She poked open the bedroom door slightly. "Can I come in here?" she asked.

 

"Of course baby, come here." Yuri replied. Hana ran in.

 

"Are you going to be okay? You've had me worried sick." Hana said. Yunho and Yuri both laughed.

 

"Don't worry sweetie, Umma's fine." Yuri replied. Her and Yunho had both agreed not to tell Hana that her mother didn't recognize her. Yunho told her the doctor had come for a check up, but she was still alarmed when she saw him come in.

 

"Okay." Hana climbed on to her mother's lap, and wrapped her arms around Yuri's waist.