Chapter 7: Wendy

Hello, Bae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right in front of Irene’s screen was Seulgi, eyes barely visible with how her monolids closed as she laughed out loud, hands on her belly.

 

“It’s not funny, Seul,” Irene grumbled, hands crossing with annoyance at her best friend’s reaction after telling her about all the past events.

 

Seulgi wiped her tears of joy. “Oh, it is and you’ve gotta admit it.” She fixed the balance of her laptop on her bed after calming herself. “Unnie, I think I like Wendy a lot already.”

 

Irene’s jaw dropped at Seulgi’s shocking and nonchalant admittance. “Seul, you can’t be serious?”

 

“Oh, I am liking Wendy, unnie.” Seulgi grinned playfully. “Don’t tell me your jealous that I like the girl you’ve shagged?”

 

For the second time, Irene’s jaw dropped so low, that she could’ve thought it would land on the floor. “Seul, we’re over that topic.”

 

“Are we really though?” Seulgi touched her chin contemplating on it. She looked at Irene directly with a huge splitting-grin. “When you’re even going to act as lovers with Wendy!”

 

Irene covered her face in embarrassment. “It’s because of Amelia. That girl must’ve casted a spell on me.”

 

“Unnie, that writer must’ve shipped both of you so hard that they’ve made a whole story just for the two of you!” Seulgi grabbed a sketch pad and a pencil. “Can you describe Wendy for me?”

 

Irene’s eyebrows crossed. “And why is that?”

 

“Come on, Joohyun unnie. Just tell me,” Seulgi said, holding her sketch pad to her lap.

 

Wendy. The epitome of annoyance and the main reason of Irene’s headache. Yet, lately, she’s her savior for the upcoming barbecue party that her parents would be hosting. Well, as she’s thinking about it, Wendy’s the core as to why it’s happening in the first place. So, she’s still the main reason for her ordeal later on.

 

“Unnie, this doesn’t need to be too deep.” Seulgi smirked over the screen, shaking her pencil for Irene to see. “Just small details will do or you could just let me see a picture of Wendy, that’ll be much better.”

 

Irene’s eyebrows quirked. “And what makes you think I have a picture of that girl?”

 

Seulgi shrugged. “I don’t know, maybe... you’re secretly crushing on—”

 

“Kang Seulgi, don’t you dare even think about that ever happening,” Irene threatened, eyes glowering at Seulgi.

 

“Okay, not-really-crushing-on-Wendy, Irene,” Seulgi joked, eyes wiggling. “Now, describe Wendy for me.”

 

“I can’t believe you’re really taking a liking to Wendy, I thought you don’t swing that way,” Irene uttered.

 

Seulgi grinned widely. “Are you really jealous, unnie?” She closed her face on the camera. “You shouldn’t worry about that, unnie. You’ll still be my number one.” She winked playfully, albeit a failure as she ended up closing both eyes. She regained back her position afterwards, urging Irene to say the description. “Now, tell me.”

 

Irene visualized Wendy’s appearance. “Well... for starters, her hair is mid-length blond with bangs, same color on her eyebrows. Got a symmetrical face, with nice side profile because of her feline jaws, not that sharp, but clear and smooth. Button nose, I think... it does fit perfectly on her face shape. Lips plump, it gets redder when it gets cold, same with her cheeks. Her cheeks are like hamster-like. I don’t know how to describe it, just looks fluffy, I guess.” Her eyes was met with her best friend’s teasing gaze, an urge to laugh as her lips twitched unbearably.

 

“That’s a perfect description not-really-crushing-on-Wendy, Irene,” Seulgi teased, hands moving on her sketch pad as she took a quick glance on Irene.

 

Irene groaned in annoyance. “I can’t believe your only using my English name to annoy me.”

 

“Well, for starters, I wasn’t the one who gave a really long description on someone I’m not really crushing on,” Seulgi stated as a matter of fact, not looking at Irene.

 

“Well, so sorry for the long description. I’m not good at telling detailed description like you,” Irene grumbled.

 

Seulgi looked at Irene incredulously. “Really, Joohyun unnie? You’re obviously looking at her unconsciously when you’re able to give that kind of description.”

 

“It’s because I have eyes, Seul.” Irene rolled her eyes. “Eyes. And nothing more.” She opened it widely to point out to Seulgi of the main function of her eyes. Which was sight, despite not wanting to look at something – someone – she didn’t like.

 

“Sure not-really-crushing-on-Wendy, Irene.” Seulgi went back on doing something on her sketch pad.

 

“Seriously, stop calling me that,” Irene huffed.

 

“Okay, unnie, I’ll stop it.” Seulgi smiled, turning the sketch pad on her camera up close. “I’ve gotten a draft idea on the possible poster for your play. I can send you a scan for the final output, so your team can work on it if you’d like?”

 

Irene was awed at Seulgi’s talent. There she was with Wendy on the piece of paper, elegantly posing with a fashionable dress. Wendy’s hand landing on her waist, as if she’s dancing a waltz with Irene, Eiffel Tower on the background. In that quick time, she was able to do a quick draft with haste and beauty.

 

“So, do you like it unnie?” Irene heard Seulgi asked, taking her back to her screen, no more of the quick sketch with her and Wendy.

 

“Yup, it’s great, Seul. But, why would you do a poster sample when you’re not even a student in my school? Wouldn’t you be giving your idea for free?” Irene inquired, having no idea on what her best friend is thinking.

 

Seulgi merrily laughed. “Unnie, I’m helping you out as your best friend. Plus, I’m super hyped with you acting again. I wished I could’ve been there to see you act.”

 

Irene looked touched for a moment before Seulgi’s mouth opened again.

 

“But, unnie. You know what I’m more excited about? It’s your yes-I-am-crushing-on-Wendy realization look.”

 

Seulgi hanged up before Irene could even deny her accusation.

 

Irene didn’t know why everyone was ganging up with her to get together with Wendy, even the mysterious writer for that script did. Just what’s up with everyone liking Wendy? Even her own parents made a barbecue party for the girl.

 

After five hours of waiting and preparing for the inevitable, Wendy and Jennie stood in front of Irene’s house. Wendy brightly smiled, holding up a basket of fruits. On her side, Jennie stood up proudly, greeting Irene with only a nod, carrying an expensive looking paper bag.

 

“Thank you for coming over,” Irene spoke, a smile of relief and gratitude appearing on her face.

 

Stacey suddenly popped up, holding a tray full of meat. Her smile widening as she met another new face. “I’d like to introduce myself to your other friend, but I’m still full for a moment. Irene, honey, why don’t you all go to the backyard where dad is.”

 

“Okay, mom!” Irene responded, letting Wendy and Jennie get inside. They both walked where the backyard door was located, opening it up, they both saw Ir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter