Chapter 1: Party

Hello, Bae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene’s annoyance started during her third-year transfer, locking eyes with no other than the famed Wendy Son. The overachiever varsity player and smarty-pants as the circulating rumors had stated. Also, the said girl not only blatantly stared at her from her peripheral view, but also dared to wink at her when they locked eyes. The nerve.

 

 

From that day forward, Wendy Son’s presence was pure irritation with each passing day, never failing to greet her and obnoxiously trifle with her. Hence, it’s an astounding sight to behold a frozen Wendy, looking similar to a cute hamster at the moment. At the end of the day, she’s still a young lass.

 

 

They’ve been playing truth or dare, a very cliche game in every high school memory. Not that she’d experience it before. She’s not a party goer per se, simply dragged forcibly by her extremely extroverted and outgoing sister. With a few drinks here and there, her stern and stoicism no more visible on her visage.

 

 

Inebriated and fuzzy, Irene grinned coltishly at Wendy. “Come at me if you can.” Its voice teasing with her honey dripping tone, provoking her worst enemy from their clique. “You’re all bark and no bite, Son. Just drink, you coward.” She lifted her cup of water, taking a sip to dilute all the alcohol inside her body, lest her sanity would no longer be intact with how she’s acting out of character. The triumphant smile never leaving her lips, the droplets of water on , until she locked her gaze at Wendy, whose pupils dilated for a millisecond or so she thought.

 

 

Wendy merely grinned back at her wickedly, no longer wearing a stupefied expression from the sudden bold dare. She approached the taunting girl with wobbly legs, kneeling in front of her. While the spectator's eyes were all over them, some awaiting with anticipation, while others hollered with no shame. The audacity of these people, just like a hormonal teenager.

 

 

“You wouldn’t dare, Son.”

 

 

“I bet she will!” Amber exclaimed riotously, eyes gleaming with excitement.

 

 

“See, she’s all bark,” Irene claimed confidently, hands gesticulating on Wendy — whose stillness was making Irene’s insides quiver in something indescribable. Probably displeasure of annoyance from looking up close with the core reason of her headaches these past months. Those plump lips would always utter such nonsense. And those caramel-colored eyes that kept on winking at her whenever she’d caught her staring. Never had she met someone so insufferable. Utterly overbearing.

 

 

Wendy grabbed her shamelessly, the contact sending tingles all over Irene’s body before the full realization struck her dazed mind.

 

 

“I didn’t mean it, you idiot!” Irene slapped her hands away abruptly, blood rushing faster towards her cheeks, crimson-red hue taking its place from her drunken countenance. No longer so drunk after the notion was acted upon. “That's ual harassment!” She heard the rest of them cackling from her sudden change of bashfulness.

 

 

“You dared me to do it, Bae.” Wendy shrugged nonchalantly, face getting closer on her own. “Not like there’s anything worth looking at anyway,” her gaze landing on top of Irene’s chest, hands protectively covering them. “...or to touch.”

 

 

“Nevertheless, you still captured me with your beauty,” she continued in a whisper, her lips an inch away from Irene’s ear, winking as their eyes met. She slowly stood up as she grabbed the bottle, sitting crossed-legs on her position as she spun it.

 

 

It spun for a few seconds, all eyes waiting for its next quarry. The bottle halting to a stop directly at the previous victim. Wendy transfixing her gaze on Irene, a smirk forming on her red lips.

 

 

“I need some fresh air.” Irene stood up hastily, albeit she swayed a bit before she steadied herself, hearing some of them grumble, but she heeds them no mind as she walked away from the boisterous crowd.

 

 

Going outside from the dancing throngs of people was an ordeal. The illuminating moonlight greeting her from the darkness of night covering up the entire vicinity, yet the crowd was still up and high. Too high for her liking, feeling her energy draining from their noise alone.

 

 

A vision of the unpopulated pool invited her to dip her toes in it after dropping her shoes beside her. She stared at the ripples of little waves it created, mirrored by the beauty of the full

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter