Lady

A Cold Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, so you know my girlfriend Yuri? Yeah, so we decided that you need someone else in your life. Someone to keep you company and that you need more friends. Not everyone is out for your money. You need to stop being a and get out there again. Stop over working yourself. Live life you er or else you're going to grow old alone with tons of cats." Jessica said to the latter.

 

The latter doesn't say anything. They were in the car. 

 

Jessica looks at the latter. "How was that? Straight and forward?"

 

Yuri looks at her girlfriend. "To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm a good help because I don't understand what's going through her head so I don't know how she'll react to when you say that to her. But nice practice babe!" Yuri puts both thumbs up for her girlfriend.

 

Jessica grunts. "Urgh, this is all your fault. You came up with this plan so you should be telling her this."

 

"She's your best friend. I already did my part. Besides, she doesn't know me so it'll be weird if I deal with it." Yuri said.

 

Jessica stomps her feet. "Aish but I don't want to face the wrath of hers."

 

"Ah that babe." Yuri said sarcastically making Jessica roll her eyes. "You're no help at all." 

 

"I'm glad you finally realized it." Yuri laughed.

 

"Urgh, I'll talk to you later then. I just want to get this over with." Jessica said as she gets out of the car. Yuri rolls the window down. "Good luck babe. You got this!" 

 

Jessica continues to walk inside of her best friend's main restaurant. She rolls her eyes hearing her girlfriend. "Good luck my ." She said to herself.

 

She walks into her restaurant. The hostess greets her. "Welcome back Ms. Jung, would you like to be in your suite?" 

 

Jessica shakes her head. "Not today, we're not eating in. I was just wondering if Taeyeon is here and if she's busy?"

 

"You know the drill, always busy. But she's just looking over papers, she's not talking to anyone right now. You can go in there and talk to her if you'd like. Would you like me to let her know that you're here?" The hostess asked.

 

"No it's okay, thank you though Seulgi." Jessica says as she walks into her best friend's office.

 

When she finally made it, she took a deep breathe. "You got this Jessica Sooyeon Jung. Just tell her." She first knocked on the door.

 

"Come in."

 

She took one last deep breathe before entering. "It's just me."

 

"What do you want? Aren't you suppose to be managing your store?" Her best friend said without eye contact.

 

"You know that I hired employees to manage the store right? Besides, I visit every now and then." Jessica said.

 

Her best friend was too busy looking over contracts to respond.

 

Jessica makes her way and sits across from her desk. "So....."

 

"What do you want? You only come here if needed otherwise you usually just text me." 

 

"Normally I would but you've been so busy these past few months that you haven't really checked your phone." Jessica replied.

 

"Yeah, the restaurant has been doing good so I've been getting new contracts coming in to let me open more restaurants across Korea." 

 

"Oh, are you debating about it?" Jessica asked to start of.

 

"Yeah, that's the plan."

 

Jessica just sits quietly until her best friend was done looking over the contract. Her best friend notices and finally puts down the papers. "How've you been?"

 

"I've been really good, thanks for asking." Jessica answered.

 

"I'm glad, how's you and your girlfriend?"

 

"We've been extremely good. Matter of fact, she wants to meet you and get to know you." Jessica said.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because you're my best friend and she hasn't even gotten a proper conversation with you. It's been like three years since we've been together." 

 

"She doesn't need to get to know me."

 

"She wants to get to know me because you're my best friend. She knows you're important to me." Jessica said sighing.

 

"As long as she knows that I'm a part of your life then that should be good enough."

 

Jessica continues to sigh. "Taeyeon, you're my best friend. You know that you're an important person in my life. You play a big factor in it. But Yuri does too and the fact that she's been wanting to meet your recently has touched my heart. She's trying to make the effort and meet you. I know I'm asking you a lot but can you just try to have a civil conversation with my girlfriend? She's going to be in my life for the long run. You might as well start talking and getting comfortable."

 

Taeyeon sighs as she hears her best friend pleads. "You know this is the first time you actually said something very sincere. You're usually a ."

 

Jessica softly chuckles. "Exactly so me saying this should mean something to you."

 

It took a moment for Taeyeon to finally agree. "Fine, I'll meet your girlfriend. But don't expect me to carry the conversation."

 

Hearing this Jessica stands up excitedly to go and hug her best friend. "Thank you thank you thank you. I knew you would pull through!"

 

Taeyeon just sits there as Jessica hugs her. "Okay okay okay. Don't make it a big deal. I'm only doing it for you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter