Chapter Two

I Left My Heart in BGC

 

I still can’t believe what was happening. It feels like a dream to me that I’m in a guy’s apartment. The guy that I’ve liked for years who I don’t even know if he feels the same way, or he’s just oblivious, or he just doesn’t care at all. I was done eating breakfast when I decided to stood up to wash the dishes. It seemed that he’s about to finish his food as well. As I came near the sink, I turn around to ask for his dish as well once he’s done. But I was so surprised to see him in front of me already.

 

He leaned closer to me as soon as he leaned both of his hands on the edge of the sink. I was kinda taken aback and I leaned backwards as he did that. I felt my heart beating so fast. What is he doing?

 

What are you doing?I stammer.

 

What do you think of me?He asked.

 

What?

 

I saw him smirk, before ruffling my hair and then laughed out loud as he turned back, walking away from where I am standing.

 

You can leave the dishes in the sink.

 

What the heck just happened? I can still feel my heart beating so loud on my chest. I gulped and was trying to internalize what had just happened. I was too nervous it took me minutes before I can finally make a move and look for my things.

 

I found my bag and my jacket on the couch. I sat there and started surfing my phone, checking for messages or what. I have no schedule for this day since Ive done everything I need to do yesterday. Hmmm... now all I need to do is leave this town and go home. But before that, one of my former coworkers chatted me, asking me what is happening right now.

 

Wendy: Yah! Tell me what happened? Did something happen between you two? Oh, my gosh! Youll freak out if you remember what happened last night. Im wheezing! Lol.

 

This made me raised an eyebrow. Last night? What happened last night? All I can remember was me babbling nonsense stuff to Jake. Is there anything more that had happened? Like what? I gasped and widened my eyes but quickly covered it. Wait, has it something to do of how did I get here? Did he carry me? Omg, no! No, no, no. That was super embarrassing like... ugh, I dont even wanna think of it. Did he really carry me until here? Maybe not. I remember he has a car. But still, he carried me up here from the parking, right? Ugh. I am so embarrassed I was covering my face and shaking my head.

 

Whats wrong?I heard him talk which made me look up to him, only to be taken aback for the second time around because he was wearing nothing on top, and just a towel wrapped around his lower body. I squeaked and quickly covered my eyes with my hand.

 

Oh, my gosh! Im sorry!I exclaimed.

 

He just came out from the shower. When did he went in? I didnt even notice. I peeked through my fingers and he was looking at me while drying his hair with a small towel.

 

Do you still have a hangover? You drank so many bottles last night.He said as he walks toward his room. How can this man be so calm like I did nothing to him? Like some weird, awkward situation did not happen between us two? Me babbling to him how he dislikes me. Maybe he really dislikes me thats why he can act so calm in front of me. Shrugs. Oh, well.

 

He came out after some minutes in casual clothes.

 

Are you ready?

 

Ready for what? I was waiting for—“

 

Im driving you home. I mean, to your hometown.

 

Sure. Wait, what? To my hometown?! Are you k—“

 

I am not, and lets go.He started walking to the door. I followed.

 

Wait, wait, wait! Just wait you there, kay?I blocked his way. Are you serious? You dont even know wheres my hometown. And...

 

And what?

 

And... I can do it myself. I only have few things anyway.

 

He just looked at me before pushing past against me.

 

Yah! Aish.

 

We got inside the elevator.

 

You are not taking me to my hometown. I am going home alone.I told him firmly, but he wasnt even talking.

 

Its not like were even close or something for you to do that. Tch.I whispered to myself and mentally rolled my eyes.

 

He then suddenly turned to me and stared.

 

What? Isnt it? I know how much you dislike me. Oh, you dont need to hide that. Anyway, Ill be leaving anytime soon so you can go and be happy in the workplace.I scoffed.

 

He suddenly faced me. Do you really think of me that way? Also, just when did you think of me as gay? Do you really want me to show you if thats true or not?

 

My eyes widened in surprise. Where did that come from? Did I also tell him about that last night?

 

IIwhat gay?I stuttered, and then cleared my throat. Anyway, isnt it true that you dislike me? If not, then what? Tell me, I want to know how mu~ch you hate me. Right?I argued, trying to divert the topic about me thinking hes gay.

 

He just stared at me without saying anything. He slowly moved closer towards me, which is taking me steps backwards, until I felt my back touches the corner of the elevator. I gulped.

 

Now, what?I stuttered.

 

He slammed softly his hand on the wall behind me, cornering me as he tried to move his face closer to mine. I gulped again. As his face moved closer and closer, I closed my eyes and try to moved back as much as I can but of course, it was no use. I close my eyes and waited for what he’s going to do. Whatever it is.