Chapter One

I Left My Heart in BGC

 

It was the last day. My last day at work. After my shift and doing everything that needs to be done, I bid my now former coworkers goodbye.

 

Hey, why dont you hang out with us first?One of them said, and all of them agreed.

 

I chuckled and thought about it for a second before agreeing. Fine.

 

Just to get that heavy feeling in your chest, hmm?

 

Alright, alright, guys. Im going.

 

Perfect! So, where are we going?

 

Anywhere theres food.

——

 

Before I knew it, we were already drinking four bottles of soju. Some of us got a bit tipsy now, and so am I. Tina, whos one of us and a coworker as well, called for the crew to ask for another set of bottles of soju. Some of us groaned while others cheered. I tried to stop them, telling that they still have work tomorrow, but they never listened anyway. Also, before I knew it I was already enjoying our time together. I felt like I was already drunk at that time because I was becoming talkative and I keep on laughing.

 

All of a sudden, I dont know where it came from but I suddenly blurted something as I turned to Jake, one of our coworkers and the guy that I like, which a few people only know, not even him, but maybe he does or he notices, I dont know.

 

Go ahead. Tell me what you want to say. I know how much you dislike me.I chuckled. Its alright. I know, I know.I laughed again and again.

 

Thats right. Im fine with you hating me. I knew it before.I continue babbling. I can feel it and see it in your eyes. Oh gosh, yes that look. I know that look!I was laughing and I didnt know why I kept on laughing until I felt coughing.

 

Hey, Clara. Are you alright? You seemed to be drunk already.Karen, whos another colleague, asked. I just waved my hand in front of her, gesturing that I am good and that we should continue.

 

So, yeah. Thats it. Tell me what you want to say. Everything. I knew youd say how mu~ch you hate me, my presence and all.I shrugged and then laughed again. But my eyes were actually closed while I was babbling. Then I opened it to look at him and wait for him to speak. I narrowed my eyes at him as if I was suspecting him of something.

 

See? /laughs/ I knew it. I knew it!I continued laughing and then suddenly got one bottle of soju and gulped it down. Some tried to stop me but I move away as they try to grab the bottle away from me.

 

Stop her now. Oh, my gosh! Shes totally drunk. Stop her.

 

What the heck is she doing? Omg.

 

Somebody stop her, guys.

 

I heard them say and murmur. I slammed down the bottle as soon as I finished it and wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, then went back on laughing before passing out on the table. Everything went black and I didn’t know what happened next.

———

 

Somethings cooking in the kitchen which made me woke up. The rays of the sun have already been peeping through the curtains by the window. As I rubbed my eyes and saw the ceiling, I felt different. My head was throbbing as I straightened up. Ugh, what happened? The smell was also different. It was like a quite strong smell, a musky smell. What is it? The covers are in dark colors and I was like in someones apartment, a guys apartment or house to be exact. My eyes widened as soon as everything sinks in. I quickly stood up and looked at my body. Well, I still have my clothes on. I was kind of relieved but I still felt nervous. Who could it be? I looked for my things, my phone. Oh, it was just quarter to 8.

 

Hey, good morning! Youre awake.I heard the guys voice that made me turn around. I was so surprised to see who it was and I felt my tummy turned upside down.

 

Jake?! Whatoh, my gosh!

 

Flash backs start to play in my head. Everything that I did and said replayed in my mind. Shoot. After I did that to him, now Im here in his room? What was he thinking? What am I thinking? What did he thought about what I said? Everything that I said? I face-palmed myself.

 

Uh, are you okay? Do you want to eat now? Breakfast is ready, by the way.He smiled. That smile that made me feel butterflies in my stomach again and again. What the heck? I thought I was gonna forget you as soon as I leave the company. But look where we are right now. How can I forget you when youre still here in front of me? But anyway, this is just today. After this day and when I finally leave the town, I just have to say goodbye to everything we have here. Even the memories, if my mind let me to.

 

Uh, hello? Are you still sleepy?

 

Oh, uhm.I straightened up. Im sorry. Ill follow outside. I just, Ill wash my face.I gave him an awkward smile.

 

Okay, no problem. Ill wait for you before we start eating.

 

O-okay. Thanks.

 

Ah, the bathrooms outside. Ill show you.

 

Oh, right.I scratched my head and followed him.

 

As soon as I came outside his room, I saw how neat and clean everything is inside his home. Wow! It was impressive for a guys house to be this clean. Or maybe not. But seriously, everything is just arranged and in place as you roam around. I kinda felt embarrassed of my own little space, making me clear my throat and mind. I went inside the bathroom after he showed it to me. I looked a little bit horrible as soon as I saw my face on the mirror. I fixed my hair and washed my face. I did everything in my morning routine before I finally made my way out.

 

He was sitting on the dining table while reading a book as I came there. He saw me and then stood up and smiled as he set the book aside.

 

Youre finished? Lets eat.He pointed where I can sit and after I sat, he also did.

 

Eat up. I cooked that for you.He grinned which made his eyes turned into crescent shape.

 

I smiled back and thanked him. We both started digging up without talking. But I felt a little bit awkward and some scenes from last night keep on replaying. Right, what am I doing here? I thought I hated the thought of him hating me. I thought he hates and dislikes me, but what am I doing here right now eating the breakfast he said he cooked for me? Is this even for real? Am I not dreaming this? Ugh. If this is a dream, I immediately wanna wake up now. Or maybe let the earth open and eat me alive now out of embarrassment. Gosh, what is happening?

 

Clara? Clara.

 

Oh, what? Sorry. What was that?

 

Are you okay? Does your head still hurt?

 

Uh... yeah. Yes, yes of course.I chuckled awkwardly. Now what? Hes asking me now if Im alright. Oh, I dont know what on earth is happening.

 

After I quickly ate, I stood up to go to the sink and wash what we have just used. I was about to turn to him to ask for his dish as well. But to my surprise, he was already in front of me just inches away.