Chapter Six

I Left My Heart in BGC

I thought it was all just a dream. But the sore I got on my back made me realize it wasn’t at all. What the heck is he doing on the bed? I mean, yeah sure it is his bed but last night, he was just on quilt lying on the floor.

 

I saw him raised his head before rolling over to the other side of the bed from where I fell. He was about to go down from the bed and help me but his hand slipped on the edge of it, causing him to fall down as well almost exactly on top of me. Our faces were inches from each other when he raised his head to see me. I felt my heart beating so fast like it want to get out of my rib cage. Our eyes met and we stared at each other for like a minute then his eyes played around my face. My mind was blank and I didnt know what to do. It felt like my body froze from whats happening and the only thing I can do that time was to gulp. His face was inching closer to mine slowly, until theres like an inch left when all of a sudden, my phone rang which made him abruptly moved away.

 

He cleared his throat as he sat on the floor and scratched his head, looking around as if he was looking for something while I stood up to look for my phone. It was just an alarm and its just 6:30 in the morning.

 

ImIm sorry. I thought no ones on my bed and I didnt notice youre there cause when I came back from the bathroom, it was dark.He suddenly said as he stood up.

 

Oh, uhmnono biggie.I gave him a quick smile and then shrugged a little.

 

Ill justcheck whats for breakfast.He said and quickly went out. I followed him after some minute and I found him on the kitchen counter.

 

I didnt know what got into me and I approached him to sit on the dining table and watch him prepare to cook. I rest my elbow on the table with my chin on my palm as I look at him, immersing myself into my thoughts. He was happily smiling when he saw me as he starts to talk wearing his favorite pink apron with little strawberries on. He then sat in front of me taking the fruits he just sliced onto the table. He got one slice and he was about to feed me with it.

 

What are you doing?I said trying to stop him.

 

Say ah.He insisted.

 

Clara? Clara, hey. Are you listening to me? Clara?

 

I felt a snap on my forehead making my thoughts come back to reality.

 

Aw! What is that for?I exclaimed as I rub the sore part on my forehead. I glared at him and he was trying to suppress his laugh.

 

Why are you standing in the middle of the way? Are you okay? Do you need more sleep?

 

What are you say—…” I looked around when I realized that he was right. I was standing somewhere around the living room staring at space and nothing.

 

I cleared my throat trying to cover up my embarrassment. I shook my head and went to the kitchen to drink some water. Maybe that would freshen up my mind and wash out the thoughts that just played in my head.

 

Electricity is still out and its still raining outside. We were eating breakfast with a candle on in the middle of the table. It was silent, but then he broke it a few minutes later.

 

When are you planning to go home?

 

Today.

 

Hm? Are you sure? I mean, theres still rain and—“

 

“…”

 

Will you beuh, never mind. Maybe Ill ask someone with a private car and Ill rent.I told him, not looking up and then I shrugged.

 

Do you know someone who can take you there?

 

Ill ask some friends and my family, see if they can recommend someone.

 

Okay. Let me know the details.

 

I looked up at him and gave him a look, a little bit surprised look.

 

What? Did you already find someone?

 

I was just wondering why would I need to tell you the details. Shouldnt I be sending the details to my family instead?

 

Thatsright. Yeah, sure. Whatever you want.

 

Hmm… ‘kay.

 

He looked at me with his a-little-bit-glaring eyes as he took the last bite of his food before standing up with his plate to put it on the sink. I was suppressing my laugh about the way he looked but I just shrugged it off and finished my food as well. I started washing the dishes after but realized that the liquid soap was already empty. I tried to look for it inside the mini cabinets below and above but unable to find it so I called out for Jake, who didnt respond.

 

Jake? Wheres your extra liquid soap? Its empty, cant find your new ones!I shouted enough for him to hear, while I still continue to search.

 

Jake? Hello? Where the h—“

 

I turned around to look for him but to my surprise, he was there already standing in front of me without any shirt on but the towel on his lower body. My eyes widened in surprise and my mouth turned into O-shaped as my eyes travel from his face down to his body. I gulped and shook my head, unconsciously knowing it. Am I still dreaming? No, snap out of it. You shouldnt be drawn to him anymore. Please stop you foolish head. Stop. Stop. Stooooop.

 

I cleared my throat and straightened up my body while looking sideways. I started asking him.

 

Wherewheres your extra liquid soap? For the, uhm, dishesplates, I mean.I stutter, but trying to keep my cool.

 

He stopped drying his hair with the small towel wrapped around his neck and marched straight towards me. I got surprised again and automatically stepped backwards as he made his way on to me. I leaned back further until I touched the sink. What is wrong with this guy? He’s sometimes unpredictable, sometimes weird. I don’t even know what I liked about him. Now he’s staring at me and I have no idea what he’s gonna do next. I feel like I’m having a deja vu right now as it felt like I already experienced this.