Chapter Four

I Left My Heart in BGC

The weather looks so gloomy today as if it will rain later this day. But it’s still hot traveling around. Thankfully, his car is not. But still, I just want to go home and forget everything. It feels like the more I stay here with him, the more I feel like it’ll be hard to forget everything and the more it’ll hurt even if there’s no reason for me to get hurt because, come on, we do not have any relationship and I don’t have the right to feel that way, do I?

 

I didn’t notice when we finally came there until the car has stopped. I hopped down from the car and waited for him to get out. He got my luggage and bags out and then approached me after. He held his hand and I stared at him.

 

What do you want? How much is it?

 

Your phone.

 

Why would I—“

 

Before I could even talk, he snatched my phone away which I was holding.

 

Yah!

 

I tried to get it but he tried to move away when I did.

 

What are you trying to do?

 

He then put my phone on his ear as he tries to get his phone out. He was calling his own phone. I rolled my eyes, crossed my arms and just waited for him to be done. Moments later, he gave me back my phone.

 

Call me when you get home.He said and walked away, getting the luggage and one of the hand-carry bags. I took the other bag and followed him.

 

It took awhile before the bus finally came. But before I could get my things on the bus and before I could even get a ticket for my ride, the driver got out and told us that they will be halting their operations right now and that theyll have no more buses to come.

 

What? But I need to go home today.

 

Miss, didnt you heard about our operating time and the news about us? You see there are no passengers right now because it will be the last day that well operate. Were closing for awhile and well be back, well, who knows when.He shrugged and then went off.

 

But—“ the driver didnt turn back and he just waved his hand off as he walked away.

 

Gosh. Why now of all times? I facepalmed myself, thinking how can I go home now? Where will I sleep tonight? What or where else can I ride a bus home? I mean, this is the only terminal that travels to my province, unless you have a private car. But I dont.

 

Jake came up to me and asked, whats wrong? Why arent you getting on the bus?

 

Youre still here? Uh, theyre closing.

 

What? What do you mean theyre closing?

 

Theyre closing temporarily. No more operations for today and the following days. And I dont know when theyll be opening again.

 

Oh. Do you have or know other terminals where you can ride? I can take you there instead.

 

This is the only place that travels to my province though.

 

Oh. Thatstoo bad.

 

Just as I sat on the waiting area in the terminal, it started having loud thunderstorms and lightnings. Not long after, the rain also poured so heavily. In minutes, water started to pool and form a small flood on the street side until it already became a total flood on the road. Cars and vehicles slowed down as they pass on the road and I was left there staring at their wheels as it pushed past against the flowing flood.

 

Sowhatre you going to do now?

 

Jake asked, but my attention turned to my phone when I heard a ding. I looked at it and read. It was my cousin telling me that grandma had told her to tell me that I shouldnt go home today because theres a storm hitting our province.

 

Urgh. Why now?

 

Whats wrong?

 

Theres actually a storm hitting our province in few hours. My grandma told me not to go home yet because of that.

 

As I try to think what else should I do next, the water flood coming from the road has already almost reached our feet. That was fast. The rain kept pouring and pouring so hard, and now its even accompanied by quite a strong wind.

 

You know what? I think we should just go back for a while.

 

To where?

 

Uhm, somewhere safe and warm. Lets get going. Ill take your things.

 

Jake loaded back my things to his car and we drove back to where we can wait for the rain to pass for a bit. How ironic this is. I thought I would be on the road now to my province and on my way to start forgetting the memories of him. But here we are, me sitting on the passengers seat of his car, driving to somewhere I dont know. But as soon as my thoughts came back to reality, were in somewhere like a parking lot.

 

Where are we?

 

In my place.He said before turning his car off and getting out.

 

What?I also got out and followed him on the trunk of his car unloading my baggages.

 

What do you think youre doing? Why are we here?

 

The rain wont stop. Its flooding on the terminal and outside. Youve got nowhere to go. A storm is hitting your province. What else do you want to do?He said with his voice raised a little bit.

 

I was quite taken aback about what he just said. I mean, I didnt expect him to say that since I didnt actually asked him for this.

 

ImIm sorry?

 

He shook his head. No, Im sorry. I got carried away cause Im just worried about you. Lets get your things in my place.

 

He got the two hand-carry bags and I pulled with me my small luggage. We rode on the elevator without speaking a word until we came into his place. We settled my things somewhere in a corner, and I sat on his couch for a minute or so before asking him if I can take a shower. What for? I meanwhatever.

 

Sure thing. Feel free to use anything you need.He said, smiling at me.

 

Ill start cooking our dinner.

 

Thanks.I muttered.