Chapter 3 - Inching closer

Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae woke up from his sleep, realizing that he's alone in the house because Haru is with Donghae. He slowly sits on the bed while feeling listless and look around feeling how empty it is without his son, Haru. Hyukjae started feeling a little sad without seeing his son running throughout the house because he's gonna be late to school but don't want to go because he still want to watch his favorite anime.

Hyukjae look at the clock and saw that it's about time for Haru to go to school. He hope that Donghae had prepared Haru already and he's on the way to the school.

Hyukjae stands and decided to eat his breakfast before going to the shop


++
Haru and Donghae are looking at each other after seeing the clock on the bedside table. It's already 8:45 and Haru's school is at 9. They were playing all night at Donghae's house that they didn't notice the time, they didn't even know when did they fall asleep. They were both on their knees not knowing what to do.

"Umm... It's okay for you to have a day off too, right?" Donghae asked his son knowing that he just made Haru skipped his class.

"Papa will be mad." Haru said while pouting

Donghae blink slowly while trying to assess how they can tell Hyukjae the situation without making him angry. "Umm... Your school is far from here...right?"

"Yeah."

"We didn't set up the alarm...we forgot about everything...what should we do." Donghae laugh nervously while looking at his 10 year old son that he had only met yesterday. He's used to being wake by either Ryeowook or by Kangin but because he told the two not to disturb him in the morning they didn't come.

"Papa loves cake..." Haru started

"...with strawberries." Donghae added as if he really knows it.

"Uh-huh... He won't get mad if I were to say sorry first."

"Right. Right. We should say sorry...that's the right order." Donghae asked Haru to take his clothes out and to take a bath while he's ordering some cak--  "He's a coffee shop owner right? He has cake in the menu..." Donghae rushed to Haru who's playing with the water inside the bathroom. "I don't think cake is a good idea." 

"Then what?"

"Hmm..."

++
Hyukjae finished cleaning the tables on the shop and saw Sungmin looking at his phone with forehead crease. He went to Sungmin and slap his shoulder. "Why you look like that Sungmin-ssi?"

"Sa Eun cancelled our date. It's my only day off..."

"Day off? You're here...Working." Sungmin didn't asked for a day off.

"Ah. I'm here to asked for a day off but since Sa Eun cancelled I won't take a day off anymore." Sungmin said with all smiles and walk inside the staff room. Hyukjae giggle and look outside.

Hyukjae saw Donghae parking his car outside through the glass window and with a huge box. Hyukjae didn't help him to open the door and let him carry the box inside, he prepared his usual ordered instead.

"I'll bring your coffee." Hyukjae said with a flat tone.

"Umm... Did I do something?" Donghae was surprised because Hyukjae talked to him first.

"What? I'm just being civil because we might see each other more because of Haru."

"Umm... I actually made a mistake..." Donghae said in a low voice. Hyukjae slowly look at him directly in the eyes. "...that's why, I wanted to give you the greatest gift to appease you." Donghae said.

Donghae sing the chorus of his favorite song "Still you." and Hyukjae can't help but feel overwhelmed... That was also Hyukjae's favorite song... What's the meaning of this... Did Dongh--

"SURPRISE!" Haru pop up from the box wearing a strawberry head costume and dress as a cake. Hyukjae almost choked when he saw Haru's face and a tear fell down from his cheeks making Haru and Donghae stop from singing.

"Papa?" Hyukjae shake his head and hug Haru. Hyukjae didn't say anything and kneel down to hug Haru better. He's bottling his sadness but seeing Haru made his wall broke. "Papa..." Hyukjae said he just missed him but deep inside ... Hyukjae knows that it's because of Donghae... He still love Donghae and it hurts that he can't say it. For the past 10 years that he didn't see Donghae, he was waiting. 

But, Haru is their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter