Chapter 4 - Tiffany Hwang

Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae yawn after ordering his coffee to Hyukjae. He didn't get enough sleep last night because of work and because he kept thinking about Haru. He actually just stopped himself from calling Hyukjae--- Donghae stopped from his train of thought when he realized that he actually doesn't have Hyukjae's number to call if he wants to see Haru.

Hyukjae went to him and give him his order.

"Haru has a stage play tomorrow. Do you want to go watch?" Hyukjae asked. Donghae's eyes widen and nod. "And before I forgot, here's Haru's hair in case you need it for DNA test." Hyukjae give a paper bag where Haru's hair is inside. 

"Umm..." Donghae was about to ask him his number but Sungmin saw him.

"Boss... A call." Sungmin butted in and push Hyukjae off using his shoulder to go away while looking at Donghae with deadpan expression.

"What? Who?" Hyukjae asked.

"Heechul hyung." Sungmin answered.

"Kim Heechul?" Donghae's voice were heard inside the shop and some of the customers looked at them. Sungmin asked Donghae to move because there is someone behind him, who'd like to order. Donghae walk away but his eyes were on Hyukjae who's now answering a phone call on the side.

Donghae remembered that name Heechul and maybe that Heechul will answer his questions.

++
Heechul laughed when he heard Hyukjae's annoyed voice from the other side of the line because Hyukjae had told him that he can't call while it's still working hours. Heechul put his feet up in the couch while eating his snack.

"Sorry it's just that Sungmin told me something."

"What is?"

"Donghae visited you?" Hyukjae didn't answer and he probably already knew that he really did saw Donghae. "Okay... Hangeng promised he won't harm Donghae." 
 
"Really?"

"Wow. Do you still love that jerk?" Heechul can't understand why Hyukjae wouldn't want to beat Donghae who hurt him in the past. What Donghae did is definitely not something can be forgiven so easily.

"He's Haru's father."

"Yeah." Heechul deadpanned.

"I promise not to be stupid again."

"Of course, you stupid monkey."

Hyukjae laugh hearing the old mock Heechul used to call him. "Thank you hyung. How's Hani?"

"Oh... Well... She's..." Heechul smile at Hani when he look at her washing the dishes. "...washing the dishes." Heechul grin.

"You should help her. You know Hani isn't used with..."

"Well the princess want to help out with chores so..." Heechul smirk and push a button in a remote control he's holding and Hani trembled. She look at Heechul with teary eyes feeling something from her inside. Heechul is proud that his toy is working well.

Hyukjae look behind him and saw Donghae looking at him. He quickly said goodbye to Heechul. "Yes?"

"Unm... May I talk to him?"

"Who?"

"Heechul...ssi."

"Why?"

"I want to know....my past." Donghae answered a bit hesitant. Hyukjae shake his head and told him that Heechul won't like it if he would give his number because it's his personal number. "Then can I have your number?"

"What?"

"You know if I want to talk to Haru... I can contact you." Hyukjae nod and give him his number.

+++
"Daddy will watch the play?" Haru asked Hyukjae after taking a shower in the evening. Hyukjae nod and asked him to dry his hair properly, while he's folding some of their clothes. "Then... Will you also watch me?" Haru asked.

"Of course when did I missed your activities in school?"

Haru squeal imagining his parents watching him while he's playing his role in the stage. Haru is used by having Hyukjae accompany him in his activities but now because Donghae is there... he can finally say that he has his complete family. "Then... When will we live together with him?"

"Huh?"

"Aren't we going to..."

"Umm... Haru..." Hyukjae stop from folding some clothes and asked Haru to come beside him. Hyukjae is hesitant but he knows that he have to tell him about their status eventually. "...I can't live with Dad...but you... You can."

"Why?"

"Because... We're not married."

"Then when will you get married?"

"We can't."

"Why?"

"Hmm... Papa and Daddy have different lives now. Papa wants to go in a separate way with Daddy. We can never be on the same road."

"Hmm?"  Haru can't understand what's his saying. Hyukjae breathe slowly to answer.

"What do you think happened if you and your friend don't meet in the same road while walking even if you promise to see each other?" Hyukjae asked. Haru hesitate a bit but still answer, with his innocent eyes.

"Hmm... Maybe he's doing something important."

"That's right... Then? Will you stay there and wait even though you'll be late to school?" Hyukjae wanted to tell Haru that he and Donghae will never be on the same page ever again, that the only reason for them to see each other is Haru.

"Yes. Because it's happier to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter