Chapter 5 - Closer

Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sorry Min, I'll take a day off today. Can you handle the shop?" Hyukjae asked and he heard Sungmin cursing under his breath. Sungmin doesn't really like being alone in the shop, smiling and serving customers alone is hell for him.

"I don't have a choice anyway." Hyukjae laugh. "I'll try not to cause trouble, okay?"

"Please do." Hyukjae turns off his phone and looks up into the sky.

He doesn't want to go back to his house where Haru is not around... He doesn't want to do anything for now. He just wants to take a break and be okay again.

Hyukjae went to a nearby park seeing some people playing soccer. He had played soccer when he was still a student and watching them makes him feel nostalgic. Hyukjae saw that the ball had accidentally been kicked in his direction and everyone shout at him to run but he use his body to trap (A/N:not sure bout the term) the ball and kicked it at them. They clapped at him and asked if he wants to play with them. Hyukjae said it's been a while since he played but the man with curly hair asked him to play for his team because their short on people.

Hyukjae agreed to play with them and he can't actually hide the fact that he hadn't played for a while and ended up being the black hole for his team and losing.

"It's okay... Thank you for playing with us." the guy with curly hair said.

"Thank you for inviting me," Hyukjae answered, breathless.

"You're welcome. By the way, my name's Gi Kwang."

"I'm Hyukjae."

"Nice to meet you. It's the first time I saw you here...".

"Ah well I rarely go in this part so... but I run a coffee shop a few blocks away from here," Hyukjae said.

"Oh really?" Some of Gi Kwang's friends bid them goodbye. "Anyways you're really good in soccer, you just need some practice and your skills will definitely be on spar with a player."

"Thank you."

"You know what...now that I look closely you actually look familiar. Have I seen you before?"

"Maybe on YouTube."

"YouTube?"

"Yeah. 1daywithEunhyukkee."

"Aah. That's right... I've subscribed to your channel. I really like your dancing... and actually... I'm a fan." Gi Kwang grin and asked for an autograph on his jersey, Hyukjae was embarrassed because he felt like he was just a nobody in the YouTube world, and because they don't have a pen Hyukjae invited him to the coffee shop instead.

"But I'm on a day off so..."

"Sure sure... I'll go to your coffee shop tomorrow," Minhyuk said and grinned.

+++

Donghae wiped Haru's face when he saw some sauce on him. "Haru I'll drive you home, tell me your address," Donghae asked and Tiffany look at him confused.

"Donghae? We have a meeting." Tiffany said in a low voice

"You can do it, Tiffany," Donghae answered seeing Haru looking outside the restaurant because he knows that whatever will be his decision Tiffany's decision will be the final. He won't have his opinion, he would be just a decoration while she's having a meeting with the organizer.

"What? It's OUR wedding."

"Wedding?" Haru asked.

"Yes, honey. Your dad and I will be getting married and you...will also become my stepson." Tiffany answered.

"What about papa?" Haru asked and Donghae pull his chair onto him so they can look at each other.

"He will still be your papa."

"I don't want to be anyone's son rather than papa. Papa will definitely be lonely..."

"Honey that's--"

"If aunt Tiffany will have Daddy then I won't be her son. I am Lee Hyukjae's son." Haru answered and Donghae can feel Haru avoiding his gaze.

"Of course, you are still your Papa's --"

"If you're getting married to another...can now Papa marry another too?" Haru asked and Tiffany agreed while Donghae remained silent. "I thought that if Daddy will come back we will be a happy family but..."

"We can still be a happy family," Tiffany answered.

"Papa will be left alone. He'll be sad and I don't want that. " Haru holds Donghae's hand. "Can you help papa marry someone too?"

"What?"

"Of course, we can help your papa marry someone." Tiffany smiled at Haru.

++
Hyukjae was walking back to their house when he saw people and some firetrucks there. His eyes widen and he immediately rushes toward it. He covers his mouth seeing their house being burnt to ashes by the fire. Hyukjae asked some of their neighbors what happened and they said it started from the house on their right and immediately burn other houses too, including Hyukjae's house.

"Oh my God." They don't have anything and didn't even save even one shirt...they're now back to zero. Hyukjae's phone rings and answered it while looking at the big fire.

"Hello? Sorry but I'm about to drop Haru home but... I can't see your house."

"Well... It's gone." Hyukjae said while looking at their burning house.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter