Chapter 2 - Lee Haru

Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you." Donghae said when the counter guy give his order without even looking at him, Donghae clicked his tongue after turning around. He didn't want to go back in the shop but he's actually curiou-- nah... it's because it's the only coffee shop near the company. Donghae decided to take his usual seat near the window and a plant is placed where he can at least have some personal space because he can feel some of the stares of the other customers at him. He doesn't know why their staring and decided to just hide.


Ryeowook would definitely be excited if he were to see the counter guy. He knows that Ryeowook is a fan of the counter guy who cover dances in his YouTube channel. If he remembered correctly his channel was... 1DanEunhyukkee-- 1DanHyuk? Donghae put his coffee down and take his phone out from his pocket to search the counter guy's YouTube channel. He actually had subscribed to his channel... just to check.


Donghae didn't have the chance to change his YouTube name as FishyHae, Ryeowook is the one who made it so he didn't have the chance to complain.
He check his subscription and saw the only channel he had subscribe with, 1DaywithHyukkee. Donghae said 'ah' after knowing the channel name.

Donghae heard a knocking sound on the glass window and saw a boy knocking using his fist. He almost smiled at the kid with it's innocent looks and cute smile but Donghae's forehead crease after realizing that he seems familiar.

"Haru." Donghae heard the familiar voice of the counter guy and look at him. The counter guy had a shocked expression and rush outside to get the boy. Donghae saw the counter guy panicked and immediately take the boy inside the staff's room. The counter guy didn't go out from the staff room after and another person fill his space.

Donghae finished his coffee and went outside. He didn't bring his car because he actually doesn't want to drive.

Days went by and Donghae didn't even go to the coffee shop. He was busy with the wedding preparations and his company. Donghae is inside his car coming back from a meeting with his driver, Kangin and secretary Ryeowook. Ryeowook is busy giving him updates. Donghae was looking outside while listening to Ryeowook, Kangin stopped the car when the stoplight turned red and Donghae saw the counter guy laughing together with the boy that he called 'Haru' while holding each other's hand.

"Ryeowook ah."
"Yes?" Ryeowook stopped himself from giving updates.
"You always smile seeing my handsome face, right?" Donghae ask flatly that made Kangin cough that he usually don't do because he's a serious person, Ryeowook look at Kangin with slit eyes and to Donghae. "I'm handsome, right?" Donghae asked again without any malice, he's just curious.

"I think sir, you need to actually rest."
"I'm just asking."
"Just ask Tiffany-ssi, not me."

Donghae didn't answer back and let Ryeowook continue what he's doing. Donghae had live his life being praise how handsome he is, he once won in a contest about "best smiles" without trying hard. He became so famous after that... well he really don't remember about that but he saw some of his pictures on that contest and the trophy. Everyone would smile at him, sometimes would even blush... so why the hell is that counter guy seems to hate his guts.

Donghae lie flat on his bed after his tiring day. He doesn't have the energy to actually look at the time and just want to rest. His mind was about to be on the sleep zone until the counter guy's face appear that made him sit right up his bed. "What the ?" Donghae punch the pillow while telling his mind to forget about the counter guy. Who cares if the counter guy don't smile at him... Who cares if the counter guy is annoyed by his appearance... He's a customer... he have the rights to go back to the coffee shop. That's why I'll go back.
Donghae keeps on nodding on his own idea. The next day, Donghae rushed to the coffee shop to buy coffee before going to the office. He was parking his car when he saw 'Haru' inside the coffee shop though the glass windows of the shop, smiling happilly while playing with the counter guy. Donghae went inside the coffee shop that still doesn't have any customers. The counter guy freeze from his stance while playing as 'superman', his eyes widen. Haru look at Donghae too with curious eyes.

"Haru, go inside." Counter guy said and pull Haru's hand.

"Excuse me? It's not like I'll kidnap him." Donghae said, pissed off. He didn't do anything to him and the counter guy is actling like he's a bad guy. Counter guy harshly walk towards Donghae and grabbed his collar, Donghae didn't have the time to react and just stare at him.

"Why the hell did you comeback? I won't let you have Haru." Counter guy said in an angry voice and push him out the shop. Hyukjae flip the sign in the shop as 'close' and lock the door. Donghae was blinking while processing what just happened.
--
Hyukjae look at Haru who's still looking at him innocently.
"What happened, Pa?" Haru asked. Hyukjae shake his head and kneel to be on the same level with his 10 year old son. "Is he your enemy?"

"No." Hyukjae breathe heavily and held Haru's cheek. "Can you stay with Uncle Siwon for the time being?"

"Why?"

"Papa will have to talk someone and uncle Siwon can protect you while I'm away. You can also play with Uncle Siwon and Uncle Shindong's puppy."

"Where are you going? Who a-- Papa." Haru pointed the door where Donghae is still standing there holding a rock.

"Open up... Let's talk... or I'll--".

"Can you go and call Uncle Shindong?" Hyukjae asked and Haru nod, Haru went to the telephone and dialled Shindong's home number. Hyukuae breathe heavily and try to calm himself down, it's almost a decade... why did he decide to disturb them now.

Hyukjae walk towards the door and opened it. Donghae drop the rock and went inside the shop.

"I went here to be a customer but you rudely grab my collar and treat me as a kidnapper... you think I'll go away quietly?"

"I called my lawyer so don't go near MY son." Hyukjae saw a crease in Donghae's forehead and rolled his eyes. Hyukjae went to get Haru and to make sure Donghae won't go near Haru.

"Look... I know Haru's cute..." Hyukjae's ear prick hearing him saying Haru's name. "...but I won't just get him from you..." Donghae walk towards the counter and Haru peek at Donghae. "...Hi Haru." Donghae wave his hand at the little guy.

"Don't talk to him." Hyukjae shouts.

"I'm harmless... Okay?"

Hyukjae sigh in relief when he saw Shindong and Siwon rush inside the shop with worried expressions. He carried Haru and went straight to Shindong. Shindong caress Hyukjae's cheek while Siwon take Haru from Hyukjae.

"Lee Donghae-ssi... Call your lawyer and let's settle this." Shindong said. "You can't just go and try to see Haru without Hyukjae's permission after 10 years. We will settle this in court so--"

"Excuse me but what are you talking about?" Donghae said while looking at them. "Do I know you?" Donghae asked in confusion. Shindong and Hyukjae look at each other.

"Playing dumb Mr. Lee?" Shindong asked. "Now, call your lawyer to settle this. We don't want you getting near Hyukjae again... if the court will let you see Haru then that's it..."

"I'm sorry but... what the hell's happening? I only went here to buy coffee. Who's Hyukjae? What settle? What is Haru's connection with me?"

++++

Donghae open the door of their house with a loud noise that made the people inside, their maids, flinch with a shocked expression. Donghae went to look for his mother and saw her in the garden with Tiffany, drinking their tea.

"Hey Donghae." Tiffany greeted him but Donghae was only focus on his mother. Tiffany look at Donghae's mother while trying to calm him down. "What happened?" Tiffany walk towards him but Donghae walk past Tiffany.

"Tell me... who's Hyukjae." Donghae's mother flinch and Tiffany's forehead crease. "Is he someone from my past? Did I really in had an amnesia? Why the hell I can't remember him?"

"How--"

"Just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter