Are we boyfriends?

At Home

 

"Do you have something to do later?" asked Hyukjae.

"Hm... not really."

"I was thinking we could go out somewhere. Lately we've been just staying inside and.... I discovered a corner in the park where we can hide, do you wanna go?"

Donghae nodded. 

"Sure. We can bring something to eat."

"Yeah, sure."

Half an hour later, they found themselves kissing each other while standing near a bush in the park. Their snacks were still in Hyukjae's backpack.

Donghae never knew how exciting it would be to make out with his boyfriend in a place like that, publicly but hidden from everyone. It was nighttime, so it was almost impossible for anyone to discover them. 

Wait.

Hm.

Did he think of Hyukjae as his boyfriend?

They weren't boyfriends. Yet. Or were they?

He actually didn’t know. Was that something they needed to establish? They had been dating for two months already. He broke away from Hyukjae's lips as his mind began to wander. Hyukjae was hugging his back. 

"What's wrong?" asked Hyukjae, his voice hoarse. Donghae wanted to kiss him again. 

"Uhm..." Donghae stopped hugging his neck and held the hands that were hugging him. “Hyuk?”

“Yeah?”

"We're together, right?"

"Yes."

"I mean, we’ve been going on dates and stuff, so technically we're... boyfriends? You're my boyfriend?"

Hyukjae felt butterflies in his stomach when he heard him say that word. It sounded nice, and they had never used it before. Donghae and I are boyfriends. He laughed.

"Is that why you spaced out?"

"It's just that I was thinking how good it felt to be with my boyfriend like this… in… here, and then I thought, we never really said anything about that. About being boyfriends, as in... exclusive."

“You were thinking all that while kissing me?”

“I think a lot.”

Hyukjae laughed again.

"Well, I don't have plans to be with anyone else but you." Donghae turned red. Hyukjae was straightforward about such things, and straightforward people were one of Donghae's weaknesses. "But to make it official... Donghae."

"Hm?"

"Do you wanna be my boyfriend?" Donghae smiled, amused. He hugged his neck again and went to kiss him, but Hyukjae didn't let him. "You have to answer."

"Of course I want to, Hyukjae."

"Okay, just making sure."

They went back to their furtive kissing session, this time Hyukjae held him even tighter. After a few minutes, Donghae broke away again. He let out a nervous laugh.

"My feet are tired."

Hyukjae laughed and rested his forehead on Donghae's.

"A little more then we go to my place?"

Donghae nodded and they kissed slowly. After pulling apart, Hyukjae arranged his boyfriend's clothes.

"Let's go?"

Donghae arranged Hyukjae’s hair.

"Now let's go."