chapter f o u r

My Friend, My Love, My Angel

"Even though it might be impossible at this distance... I want to spend these last four months as lovers"

 
Jonghyun gasped, his eyes widening because of the words he just heard. Was it true? Didn't he misunderstood anything? Maybe Kibum was joking around...?
Slowly, a grin appeared on his face, not believing what he just heard. "Key..."
 
"I know, it's impossible at this distance, but please, Jonghyun. Please...", the brown haired boy said, a tear rolling over his cheek. "Just let me experience how it feels like to love...".
The boy hoped the blond would accept it, but bad thoughts kept running through his mind.
 
"Why would he accept me? I'm a boy after all.
He's going to laugh at me for confessing. We're boys after all.
He'll stop talking to me, because I ing confessed to him. Because we're boys after all!
GOD DAMNIT, MY LIFE FOR BEING BORN AS A B---"
 
"Alright", Jonghyun suddenly interrupted Kibum's deep thoughts. He kept staring into the crying boy's eyes, who couldn't stop staring back. The grin turned into a sweet, gentle smile.
He could see that Kibum was obviously surprised when he suddenly said that.
 
"W-what...?", was all Kibum could say, fighting against his sobs trying to escape his mouth.
"I want to spend those four months as lovers...", Jonghyun whispered, but it was loud enough for Kibum to hear. "I've always waited for a day like this, but... I never got the courage to confess"
 
"He didn't have the courage? He doesn't seem like someone who doesn't have the courage...
But..."
 
"Jjong...", Kibum sobbed. He felt a slight feeling of annoyance when he sobbed the name out instead of saying, but it slowly faded away.
He reached out his arm to Jonghyun's.
 
"We seem so close, yet we're so far away..."
 
Jonghyun responded right away, reaching out his arm to Kibum's. Only their fingertips touched, but they didn't care, as long they could feel each other.
It was a feeling they never felt before. Even though the doctors and nurses were the only one who touched them, this feeling was so... different.
 
They never touched each other before.
They never knew how it felt like to touch someone you love.
They never knew touching just the fingertips would feel so... loving.
They loved this feeling.
 
But they both knew that they can experience these feeling with each other for only four months.
But they also knew, that deep inside their hearts, the feeling would be always there. They would communicate through thinking. Through imagining. Through dreaming.
 
"Jjong..."
"Key..."
They both said at the same time, making them chuckle softly.
 
"I love you".
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
OH GOD sorry for not updating in such a long time! D:
I just had a serious writers block, but I'm back now~
And also sorry for such a short chapter... "OTL
Also, this story will end soon, too. >: