Ch. 6 :  B U L L E T 

STRAWBERRY

CH. 6 :  B U L L E T 

 

Mina is needy.

One that people doesn’t expect.

Maybe because her mother had pampered her. She’s the youngest child and only daughter at that, may be why she was loved so much. Her parents treated her like a treasure and so did her older brother.

It wasn’t a secret to Twice why Mina is attached to Chaeyoung- maybe because Chaeyoung satisfies Mina’s clingy and needy nature. Chaeyoung wasn’t aware of it though.

How Mina’s eyes light up when she compliments her or when her lips upwardly smiles when she hugs her from the back.

Mina loves it.

Not that Sana is clingy too, momo or nayeon. But with Chaeyoung, It just felt special. Like it was filled with admiration and affection, and sometimes Mina would just melt in the way the latter would stare at her with that bright pupil colored with warm.

She knows she is the apple of the eye of the younger (and so does all the members & whole fandom). Mina takes comfort in that.

So whenever her position is threatened, Mina felt Bitterness. Whenever someone had Chaeyoung’s attention, or whenever Momo cuddles with her or when Nayeon kisses her on the cheek—or sometimes, even with Tzuyu.

Tzuyu knows this, sometimes when Chaeyoung is being too affectionate with her, Mina would look at her – a flicker of anger in her eyes and the latter would just look away disguising that jealousy with a straight expression. And with time, Tzuyu learned to act in a way that wouldn’t disrupt the dynamic of their trio.

Chaeyoung’s side felt like ‘That’s my place’ for Mina- and Tzuyu knows.

And clearly, it shows even more know.

“Mina-unnie. You okay?” Tzuyu whispers to Mina whose eyes are burning with Jealousy. Looking at So hee and Chaeyoung sitting on the living room, in front of her.

“Of course I am.” Mina said.

“uh yeah, but your eyes looks like you’re about to murder someone unnie,” Tzuyu shook her head. “and It scares the out of me,”

“I am fine,” Mina says firmly, “and I’m calm. There’s no reason why I wouldn’t be.”

Tzuyu scoffs, “okay if you say so,”

“So-hee, you’re chaeyoung’s girlfriend?” Momo smiles. So hee looks at Chaeyoung & nods. Chaeyoung honestly just want to be buried in the ground right now.

“She never told us about you,” Dahyun pouts.

“S-sorry,” chaeyoung says.

“You’re one lucky girl,” Jeongyeon says, “Our Chaeng’s a very sweet person,”

“Just can’t believe our makne’s already in a relationship,” Sana sniffles.

“Well now, I just feel so relieved that it isn’t a man with a kid,” Jihyo smiles, “We just need to deny the rumors—because you’re not really dating her brother after all,”

Chaeyoung looked down, “About that.. I think it’s best if we don’t say anything about it.”

“oh.”

“I mean I don’t want them to dig up my love life anymore—and have So hee involved in this,” Chaeyoung sighs.

“Wow, what a knight in shining armor,” Momo chuckles teasing the younger.

“so nice to be in love,” Sana pouts.

“I’m so—”

“so how did you two meet?” Mina suddenly asked cutting off Jeongyeon, in a tone different from normal. Like it’s filled with unwelcomeness.

So hee just smiled at her, “We met on the tattoo shop, I’m the one who draw that on her shoulder,”

“IT WAS SO PRETTY!” Nayeon grins.

“oh but didn’t chaeyoung just tattoo that 2 weeks ago? How come you told us you’re dating for 1 month already.” Mina said raising her eyebrows. Doubt- Mina’s first bullet.

Chaeyoung swallowed and couldn’t look at Mina in the eye. She’s scary when she’s like this.

“I didn’t say we met for the first time that day.” So hee says, “We’ve been seeing each other before that and finally start dating a month ago when we met in a convenience store by accident.”

Smooth lie So hee, Chaeyoung thought.

“y-yeah, “Chaeyoung says, “That time I got that big tattoo- we’re already dating. This tattoo is for her.”

For her. Not for So hee though. But for her.

“omo, that’s so sweet,” Sana says. “Chaeyoung-ah I didn’t know you got it in you.”

“Well, we all know Chaeyoung’s a romantic,” Nayeon smiles.

“So what do you do So hee?” Jeongyeon asked.

“I write plays, sometimes do theatre acting, and is also a tattoo artist,” So hee said.

“wow, I can see now why Chaeng likes you.” Jihyo said. “you’re quite a match.”

“sooo” Sana began sitting beside so hee, “what do you call each other?”

“w-what?” Chaeyoung turned bright red, “SANA-UNNIE!”

Babe,” So hee smiles and look at chaeyoung, “We call each other babe,”

Mina watched as how Chaeyoung turned even more redder as she smiled at So hee shyly.

that’s it. Everyone turned silent when Mina suddenly stood up.

“I-I’m going to rest, my back hurts,” Mina says- voice lower than normal.

Everyone continued talking with Chaeyoung’s girl,

slight comments on why must’ve Mina’s back hurt

but no one wouldn’t know Mina's heart does too. 

//

Girlfriend, huh?” Nayeon snickers as she stood by the door in Chaeyoung’s room.

“you told me ‘IT’S NOT WHAT YOU THINK’?’ Nayeon says, “then suddenly you’re dating?”

Chaeyoung groans, “unnie, obviously a gorgeous girl like that wouldn’t date me for real!! I was in a tight spot,”

Nayeon rolled her eyes, Chaeyoung is charistimatic and pretty- of course, a pretty girl like that would take notice of her but Chaeyoung is too dumb to realize.

“okay tell me what happened,” Nayeon asked.

“She just—“ Chaeyoung sighs, “Mina unnie’s not talking to me for 2 weeks already ever since she saw that song I wrote for her in my notebook, she asked me if it was for her—”

“WHAT? SHE ASKED?”

“yes, and I answered that It’s not about her, and she won’t believe me, and I lied. Telling her I’m dating someone else, and that happened and I’m in a tight spot, So hee helped me by pretending to be my girlfriend. Just so everyone would calm down already,” Chaeyoung groans.

“You should have just told her,” Nayeon says.

“That I like her?” Chaeyoung said, “No way, she’s not even talking now that she knows I’m biual, what would happen if I told her I actually like her? She’ll be disgusted.”

“Okay, you made your point.” Nayeon says, “But can you at least go talk to her? We wouldn’t be Twice anymore if two people doesn’t talk to each other.”

Chaeyoung sighs, “Okay fine.”

“Promise?”

“Yes promise.”

//

Can I be the storm,

In your calm?

Can I be the rain

That You love?

Mina found herself thinking about that song she saw in Chaeyoung’s notebook. And how beautiful it is. She was sure that it about her but now she knew chaeyoung actually did have a girlfriend, and those beautiful words is about that girl, So hee.

Chaeyoung and her new girlfriend. The thought of them haunts Mina. And it made her restless all night and all day. She couldn’t think anything other than that.

She woke up in a nightmare with Chaeyoung holding hands with Sohee and whispering to her how much she love her. She kept calling Chaeyoung but the latter wouldn’t turn around.

She woke up catching her breathe and almost tears on her eyes.

She found herself being distracted even when she’s with bambam. She couldn’t enjoy being with him anymore. It wasn’t like before. Bambam probably know that there is something wrong but wouldn’t pry. He is always like that- ‘respectul’. But sometimes Mina thought that there is a wall between them that Bambam wouldn’t climb over.

that bambam couldn't climb over.

Mina felt like fortress starts building around her. She sat down on her own bedroom as others are watching in the living room.

Mina’s thoughts was stopped when she heard the door open.

“Unnie,”Mina saw the familiar woman who’s also on her mind, “I don’t know why you’re mad at me. But can we talk now?”

Mina sighs and look at her, “I-I’m not mad.”

“ever since, you saw that notebook—you’re not talking to me.” Chaeyoung says, “I get it.”

“get what?” Mina asked confused.

“you’re disgusted,” Chaeyoung bit her lip, “t-that I’m in love with a woman.”

“what?” Mina turned at her, “That isn’t the case.”

“I know Mina-unnie, Biual people is not really accepted yet,”Chaeyoung looked down- and took a sharp breathe, “But it pains me how- you, out of all people, would find me disgusting.”

Mina bit her lip. Her heart softens seeing Chaeyoung’s about to cry. “Sorry Chaeng, I-I didn’t mean to act that way, and I promised you I’m not disgusted at you for being that way. I-It’s just that..”

I’m a jealous and I hate seeing you with someone else, Mina thought.

“what?” Chaeyoung asked.

“t-that, I may not like your partner for you.” Mina bit her lip. Half truth and half lie. She wouldn’t like ANYONE at this rate ofcourse.

“Because she’s a girl?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“NO! it’s not about the gender,” Mina bit her lip. 

Chaeyoung sighs, “Unnie, please don’t judge her she’s a good person.”

“I don’t know her,” mina said in a straight tone.

“That’s exactly why!” Chaeyoung said, “wait- why don’t we have dinner just the three of us?”

“w-wha—”

“I mean that way you could get to know her,” Chaeyoung says. “and y-you wouldn’t be angry at me anymore.”

Chaeyoung looked at Mina with eyes expectant, and it was always her weakness.

“Okay.” Mina answered.

Mina agreed, but didn't actually believe it'll happen. 

//

Mina is sitting by the living room when she suddenly saw Chaeyoung lacing her shoes, dressed in clothes looking like she’s about to go out.

“Where are you going chaeng?” Mina asked.

“Oh I’m just—”

About to meet So hee. Mina could tell but she didn’t let Chaeyoung finish.

“Can you please accompany me to the movies?” Mina pouts. Mina doesn’t know what’s happening- but all she knows that she didn’t want chaeyoung to leave right now.

“Sorry unnie but I’ve already got plans,”

Mina looks at chaeyoung , “Please?”

“But—” Mina then shut her eyes, and let out her weapon. “I’ve already got tickets, Bambam was supposed to go with me, but he canceled.”

Mina got tickets already but it wasn’t for bambam in the first place. Mina then pulled this sad face she knew Chaeyoung couldn’t resist. Chaeyoung and her heart of gold.

“Okay, I’ll come with you,” Chaeyoung sighs, “I’ll just call So hee.”

Mina then smiled triumphally.

She just couldn’t let Chaeyoung be taken away.

//

It’s another weekend after Chaeyoung and Mina decided to go to the movies. It’s peaceful because apparently, everybody’s out except for Mina and Tzuyu.

 

Tzuyu is resting on her bed, reading manga Sana has lend her. She told her it’s about a person who got reincarnated as a slime, and sometimes Tzuyu thought she would want to be one so she could just laze around all day.

‘This is so relaxing’ Tzuyu thought.

A day without loud noises (from the unnies) and no schedule, just a thing for introverts like Tzuyu. Then Suddenly Tzuyu’s peaceful place was disturbed when another introvert entered her room.

Tzuyu’s eyes briefly widened seeing Mina going straight to their room. Without saying anything and looking around her and chaeyoung’s room.

“What are you doing here unnie?” Tzuyu asked.

“Nothing, just do your thing,” Mina says gesturing her hands to Tzuyu, “I’m just taking a walk.”

“what the--? A walk? Inside our room?” Tzuyu scoffs. Is Mina-unnie gong insane?

“Tzuyu-ah don’t mind me,” Mina says walking towards Chaeyoung’s table.

“You’re just snooping around,” Tzuyu whispers.

“What?” Mina asked.

“nothing. I said whatever,”

Chaeyoung has been asking for the date for that dinner- but Mina just couldn’t. She dreaded that day she had to watch Chaeyoung beside another girl and she’s on the other side of the table, watching her boasting about how in love she is. 

She sighs and looked at the calender posted in front of chaeyoung's desk. 

soo Tzuyu-ah, what’s on August 15?” Mina asked. It was circled with a red marked in the calender. It’s this week Sunday.

“Chaeyoung told me it’s So hee’s play. A play she wrote,” Tzuyu says, “and she was invited to come.”

Tzuyu saw Mina raising her eyerbrows at this and went outside. She sighs in relief as the woman finally left.

Minutes later, Tzuyu heard someone coming in their room, It’s chaeyoung who just arrived home.

Behind her is Mina, once again.

“Oh welcome home Chaeng,” Tzuyu smiles.

“Hi tzuyuuu” Chaeyoung grins.

“Chaeyoung-ah!” Mina calls and smiles so sweetly, “Can you come shopping with me this Sunday?”

Mina's second bullet - sabotage.

Tzuyu’s eyebrows raised. This Sunday- August 15. She shook her head.

She just can’t believe Mina is doing this.

//

August 15.

This is the day Mina pleaded Chaeyoung to accompany her to go shopping. They came at 10:00am and it’s 5:00pm already. Mina never goes out of ideas of what to do, and to buy. They’re supposed to finished at 2pm and still not done yet.

Chaeyoung looks at the time- just as much she enjoyed being with Mina, she can’t disappoint So hee.

“Unnie, it’s 5:00pm. I’ve got other plans, can we go already?” Chaeyoung asked.

Mina frowned.

“mm, I- one more thing, I forgot about the thing Tzuyu asked me to buy!” Mina says.

And she was dragged again to the department store. And Mina bought Tzuyu perfume and lotion. It had a great scent. Not that Tzuyu actually asked her to buy that.

“It smells lovely,” Chaeyoung says, “sooo.. how about we—”

“wait,” Mina says again, “I’m going to buy-“

“unnie,” Chaeyoung sighs and looked at Mina, “I know what you’re doing,”

“What?” Mina smiles innocently. Pretending to be busy on her phone. Of course, she didn't want Chaeyoung to come to So hee's play. 

“I know you don’t like So hee,” Chaeyoung said, “But you can’t do this, I need to come to her play. She needs support. Her play is already starting and we need to go,”

Mina pouts- she plays her charms, “But Chaeng, is she more important than me?”

Chaeyoung stopped. Of course, no one is more important than Mina. Chaeyoung didn’t answer.

“I’ve got a good idea,” Chaeyoung says, “How about you come to me with the play? And we can set up that dinner I’ve been telling you to get to know her.”

Mina stopped. The last thing she would want is to sit there like a fool watching Chaeyoung flirt with that annoying woman with a big- tattoo.

“Please?” Chaeyoung says, “Mina-unnie?”

Mina felt nauseous just thinking about that fact she had to see Chaeyoung and So hee again together but the way Chaeyoung pleaded her- she couldn’t say no. She said yes before but didn’t actually believe she’ll really do it.

“Just this one thing, “Chaeyoung says again, “For me?”

People say you can do a lot of stupid things for love.

But she already so stupid things for Chaeyoung-

Now that it’s for both,

 

Mina could only agree. 

//

I love jealous Mina lol. Thank you guys for reading, commenting and upvoting!  I hope that you all continue to  trust the process of the story. <3