Chapter 51

Three Smiles (cont.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A 27 year old Hyori beamed up at the billboard. There she was, for Paris Fashion Week, and her face was everywhere on the streets. She made it, and she was proud of herself for excelling in her career. The past few years were truly magical, personally meeting famous models, clinching campaigns for luxury brands like Bvlgari and Gucci, and she was even in the cover for VOGUE! Simply amazing.

As she waited for her car to take her back to the hotel, she could hear screaming from the venue she came out from. A group of good looking guys emerged, with tight security surrounding them, preventing the fangirls from getting near them. Her eyes widened. She could recognise him anywhere, even if he was in a crowd, surrounded by chaos. They were in the fashion week?

It took her a few seconds before realising that they were making their way over to her (because that's where the pick up point was). Flustered, she hastily tried to blend in, but of course, Hyori had her fair share of fanboys too and her manager and security were trying to push them all away. "Where's the damn car?!" Her manager grumbled to himself, pulling out his phone. At that moment, the mysterious guy that caught her attention looked up, and straight into her eyes.

Those eyes. It filled Hyori with a certain kind of sadness. Amidst the busy scene around, time seemed to be at a standstill for the both of them. Not taking his eyes off her, he mumbled something to his manager, who then nodded and quickly got on the phone with somebody. At the same time, the mystery guy broke free from his pack and made his way over to her. Hyori gulped. Was she ready for this?

"Noona," he greeted politely, his face expressionless. Is he happy to see me? Is he mad? I can't tell!

"Hey, Chen," she breathed, trying to sound breezy but felt like she made a complete fool of herself.

"Congrats on a successful fashion week. You were absolutely beautiful." Though she still couldn't tell, she saw a tiny smile on his face, and immediately felt relieved.

"I didn't know you were in there as well, I've been kept busy," she said, rolling her eyes playfully at her manager, who was now screeching into the phone about their car.

"Well, now that it's over, let's get away from this noise for awhile. I'd like to catchup with you, or is that still non-permissible?" Chen asked with a note of sarcasm.

"We can do that, I- Zico and I broke up," Hyori said quietly. Chen's eyes softened. "I'm sorry to hear that." A distant rumbling could be heard, and his ears perked up. "Just in time," he grinned. 

A Maserati pulled up right in front of them, and the driver tossed the keys to Chen. Opening the door, he gestured her to enter. "Shall we?"

Hyori was suddenly aware that the papparazi have made their way over to them and were snapping pictures. She quickly turned to her bodyguard, who shielded her until she got in safely. "Call me," he said before shutting the door. Immediately, Chen zoomed off.

"So .. EXO huh," Hyori smiled. She studied him. So much had changed over the years. When she first heard about EXO's debut and saw the members, she was shocked to see Chen and Luhan, but even more shocked to see XIUMIN. "Hey, why didn't they say hi to me?" She pouted.

"I didn't allow them to. I wanted to have some time with you," he smirked devillishly. "But you can meet them tonight before we leave," he added on.

He is so charming and cool. Gosh, he is so different from the Chen I knew last time. Am I getting ?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter