Chapter 47

Three Smiles (cont.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weeks flew by and Hyori and Zico grew closer! Their feelings for each other got stronger and eventually, Hyori had forgotten about her unexplained feelings towards Chen. When their fanboys and fangirls found out that they're actually together this time, oh the depression! At the same time, ohhh the feels! Intense squealing everywhere they go as fans oogled at the perfect couple. Meanwhile, Chen was happier now that all the drama had left him. Sure, school was quieter, but he prefered it that way. To his relief, Donghyuk and gang did not bother him anymore. As for Hana, the last he heard was that she was seeking therapy while adjusting to her new school. He saw Hyori lesser, and their phone conversations had also reduced significantly. Was he sad that they were drifting apart? Definitely. But Zico had helped him tremendously, and even if he hadn't, Chen wouldn't want to meddle in someone else's relationship.

It's time I accept the truth, and it's time for me to move on too.

*

4 years later: Hyori's Graduation Day

A 21-year old Hyori gazed at her reflection on the mirror. Her long, wavy locks glowed against the morning sunlight. Her graduation robe was crisp and neat, and beaming with pride, she carefully placed her hat on her head.

"You look beautiful, my dear," Mrs Park's eyes glistened with tears, proud at her daughter. Hyori had overcomed discrimination and bullying, and did not allow her past negative experiences to bring her down. Also, her dream came true! Bailey Model Agency, one of the top model agencies in THE WORLD, had called her down for an audition! It's all the way in London, and they had offered to pay for her flight and accommodation as they saw a lot of potential in her. How were they even aware of Hyori in the first place? Well, it all started from Hyori's social media. Amazing photos, amazing poses, captured by none other than her boyfriend, Zico.

Yes, they're still together! Oh, have they grown so much together. Hyori had blossomed into a beautiful young lady, while Zico had grown significantly taller, and his looks became more defined and muscular. Like Hyori, he succeeded in his studies, and was immediately offered a place in Delgado Studios.

The doorbell rang. "It must be Zico oppa!" Hyori exclaimed excitedly. Sure enough, there he was as soon as Hyori ran down the stairs and flung her body straight into his open arms. He laughed. The past 4 years were honestly the best years of his life. He had never felt so alive, and he was the luckiest guy ever to be with his first love. He looked into her adorable eyes. "How are you, love?" He asked softly, carefully brushing her hair.

"I'm excited! We have a bright future ahead of us and I can't wait to see how far we'll go!" She squealed. He smiled, amused. Then, he saw her bouncing from toe to toe. He chuckled. "What is it?" Oh, he knew her too well to know that she's dying to tell him something.

"I was waiting till after graduation to ask but I can't keep it in any longer, so oppa-will-you-go-to-London-with-me?" 

Excitement rushed through Zico's veins. "OF COURSE!" He yelled, pulling Hyori into a really tight hug. She beamed with happiness. "This is going to be the best trip of my life!"

Mrs Park, who had been silently watching the two of them, smiled. Just then, Chen appeared. He too, had grown into a ridiculously handsome young adult. And finally, FINALLY, he was taller than Hyori (much to her disproval). "Noona!" He greeted her with a hug. Chen had chosen to remain single despite having a zillion crushes pining after him, because well, no one can replace Hyori. Imagine his heartbreak when he knew that after all this time, Hyori and Zico are still together. 

"Chen!" She beamed, hugging him back, causing Zico to feel a slight twinge of jealousy. "I'm so glad you can make it to our graduation! The final one," she laughed. "I wouldn't miss it for the world, noona," he spoke gently, involuntarily holding her hand, but realising quickly, he dropped it. Hyori pretended not to notice, but she could feel Zico's icy stare. She quickly changed the subject. "Alright, just one last touch up and I'm ready to go!" She made her way to the bathroom and Zico followed suit.

"You do know that he still likes you, right?" Zico growled, closing the bathroom door on them. Hyori bit her lip. She had her suspicions, but she had always brushed them under the carpet. "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter