Chapter 46

Three Smiles (cont.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chen had a terrible day at school. After ending off his friendship with those jerks, he only had Luhan by his side. Even though both of them are popular, Donghyuk's clique is more popular, and going against them meant .. well, it meant that most of the school population will follow Donghyuk.

And then there was this disturbing issue with Hana. Chen had hoped that by him no longer being in Donghyuk's clique, Hana would see him as uncool and would want to break up with him. But no, that didn't happen. Instead, she clung on to him closer because she felt sorry for him. At this point, Chen was feeling extremely frustrated and helpless. He felt like pulling a Hyori: to quit school and join another school, somewhere far away from here.

"Oppa, have you been listening to me?" Hana whined. It took all of Chen's willpower to not snap at her.

"Mianhae, I'm a little preoccupied right now," he answered as calmly as he could. Hana rolled her eyes.

"You must be thinking of Hyori. It's always Hyori, isn't it?" her voice was clipped and icy. That's it.

"You know, it's none of your business, and don't ever disrespect or talk about her that way again," he snapped before picking his bag up and leaving without a backwards glance.

Upon reaching home, Chen hesitated to go in. This is all too much for him. He needed help, otherwise he might break. He glanced over at Hyori's house. A place where he found most comfort in. Without meaning to, he found his way over to her door and sat down, defeated. As much as he could, he didn't want to disturb Hyori. But this time, he pulled out his phone and dialed in her number.

*

Zico was startled when he opened the door and found Chen slumped there. For a second, he thought that Chen had been drinking, but wait, he's still a minor. Pabo!

Unable to help himself as he was still irritated by Chen's call, Zico hissed at him, "What are you doing here?"

To his surprise, Chen looked up at him with blank eyes. "Hyung, I can't do this anymore .." 

"Yah, what are you talking about?" Though still irritated, Zico's voice was less harsh, with a note of concern. All of a sudden, Chen poured out everything to Zico. He wasn't sure why he did it, he meant to talk to Hyori, but some part of him needed an older male figure, a brother to talk to. After listening intently, Zico paused to let everything sink in. This poor dude, he thought.

"Does Hyori know you're already here?" He asked. Chen shook his head. "I told her I'll drop her a text once I'm here."

"Okay, you're going to tell her everything you told me, but only you and I are going to fix this matter. I don't think it will help Hana if she sees Hyori with you," Zico instructed, and Chen nodded. "I'll give you s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter