Chapter 4

Unexpected Fate

Single border png 2 » PNG Image

"What if raise the tone on this part?" Baekhyun was already inside the recording studio. The title track is now in the process of its recording. After weeks of arranging it and replacing the lyrics, the song was now worth their artists, EXO.

"Okay." Dahlia has one week left of her stay in Korea and she's been spending it to help the group complete their title track. "Let's try your suggestion and record another version to see what suits best."

While Baekhyun was recording, Suho had come inside to prepare. It was his turn next and he happened to have half an hour to watch their main vocal record.

"How's it going?" Suho asked Dahlia.

"Oh, you're here." She didn't notice him enter until he spoke. "We're almost done but you have enough time to buy yourself some snacks."

"No, I'm good. Besides, I'm on a diet. I don't want to disappoint the fans." Pointing at his trunk.

Dahlia glared. It was a bad joke for her, especially since it was during her working period. Suho and Dahlia had eliminated every awkward scent between the two of them, thanks to their time spending together on arranging the song.

"We're done." The staff told Dahlia.

"As expected of Baekhyun." Dahlia said and told the singer that he can go home early.

She took the spare 30 minutes to rest before starting to record with Suho.

"So... You're leaving after completing this track?" Suho started.

"I have to. This is not my main job anyways." She replied.

"Tell me more about what you do."

"Is this a job interview or something?"

"No, it's just that all we've talked about is work. I figured we can get to know each other about anything but work."

"Well, I'm returning to finish my last year in medicine. But I won't actually be back that early, I still have to take another year of internship and study for our exams."

"That's a lot of studying. How did you even manage to even do this?"

She smiled at his question while looking at two goofballs crossing the hall. Suho looked at what she was looking at, In-hyuk and Dong Wook, her team mates. He didn't need any words from her to know the answer.

"You really do love them do you?" He looked back at her.

"I have to say I was tempted to stay." She answered looking back at him. "I mean who wouldn't want to stay with them, they make work fun."

"I heard something about you." He started off hesitantly. "Dong Wook mentioned that you were our fan?"

"Who isn't a fan of EXO?" She was taken aback by the question and turned her back from the man. She was hiding her jumping heart the moment they had the meeting with the group. Her ears were hot and red as of the moment, she was thanking her hair for not being tide up at the moment.

Suho smiled brightly and entered the recording booth. He looked at Dahlia admirably while the other couldn't even keep her head up from the embarrassment. "I think we can start of 10 minutes early?" He said as he put on his headphones.

"Oh right. We can do that." Dahlia was stuterring. Her embarrassment couldn't go away easily.

They were recording the song seriously, only saying a few words concerning any arrangement of the song. This was the first time Dahlia could stare at him properly ever since they met. Everything was flashing back in her eyes. She remembered her adolescence, how much she admired these artists by simply watching them from a screen. Suho's place was perfect, not too far, not too near. It was enough to keep her on reality check. She knew that after this week, she would return on being that medical student and the long distance teammate of her group. She wouldn't have any connection with EXO as her team would always focus on the trainees and first year of debuting artists.

Single border png 2 » PNG Image

The recording has finished. Dahlia decided to take a look at the practice room knowing Hae-joon is there. Suho gladly accompanied her as his schedule was finish for the day.

"Hyung!" Hae-joon called Suho. "Dahlia! You're here too. The recording is finished?"

"What are you working on?" Dahlia asked.

"It's the choreo for EXO's B-track." Hae-joon smiled. "You're not the only one who will be helping their comeback."

"How's your progress then?" Suho approached Hae-joon as Dahlia was approaching the couch.

"Let's go home together, Hae-joon." She called as she lay down to a comfortable position in the couch. She opened her phone and looked up on the updates of her favorite groups. She was a staff of the company, but she always had this principle in mind that do not abuse your privileges. Until she can do it on her own and how the general does it, she wouldn't want to use her privileges on knowing the first hand news of any group she admired.

Dahlia got excited on the news of a new variety show for SHINee. She was able to restrain her squeals but her body movements not. This was the cause of kicking Hae-joon's opened bag off the couch. The boys were busy doing the choreography thus she wasn't noticed. She hurriedly placed Hae-joon's stuff back in his bag.

"I didn't know Hae-joon had been a health maniac already." Dahlia whispered as she had noticed his bag was full of vitamin containers. She was wrong to think of Hae-joon being a health maniac though. There were eight bottles. Three were vitamins for sure but the five were different from vitamins. She realized that there was something wrong with Hae-joon. The other bottles were for pain and chemotherapy.

"Hae-joon!" Suho shouted and Dahlia hurried to the boys. Hae-joon fainted on the ground, looking pale. She didn't want it to be true, this is one moment she wished she wasn't a medical student.

Single border png 2 » PNG Image

"Dahlia." Haera ran to her as soon as they saw each other. "What happened to my brother?"

"He's stable now. The doctors just left. Suho is inside with him." Dahlia was standing outside the room ever since Hae-joon was admitted. As Haera entered the room, Dong Wook and In-Hyuk followed. Hana was left with Dahlia outside the room.

Hana tapped Dahlia's shoulder. She didn't know the right words to say. Hae-joon was the closest to Dahlia and seeing him in this state must have been a shock to her. Tears suddenly fell on Dahlia's cheeks.

"Do you know anything about this?" She whimpered to Hana.

"Only I do." Hana answered the younger. "Hae-joon didn't want the others to know, especially Haera."

"What is happening to him? When did this even start? Is he getting any treatments? He isn't like this..." Dahlia had so many questions in her head but only tears went out the most. She slowly sat on the floor as Hana tried to comfort her.

"I know this is sudden for you." Hana was comforting her. "I also don't know the details. I just know he is sick. I think it's better to talk to him about this. Keep your composure, Dahlia. You wouldn't want Haejoon to worry." Hana was always very calm in every situations they have. Everyone regarded Hae-joon as the father of the team, his counterpart, Hanna was the mother. Even at this situation, Dahlia was admiring Hana for having such calm reactions.

It was already past midnight. Everyone has left except for Haera. Dahlia didn't want to go home, yet she didn't have the courage to enter Hae-joon's room yet. She felt a warm touch on her cheeks.

"Coffee?" Suho gave her what she felt.

"I thought you left too." She took a sip of the coffee offerred to her.

"How about you? Are you going to sleep here? I can give you a ride if you want to go home."

Dahlia was staring at blank space. She didn't know what to decide.

"I'll take you home." Suho decided for her. "Maybe you can think things through in there."

Suho and Dahlia were sitting at the second row, the manager driving. They were tired from all the work they had all day but they seem to couldn't doze throughout their drive home.

"Do you know anything about this?" Dahlia asked.

"I actually do." Suho knew that there was no point in hiding this anymore. "He didn't want to worry any of you. He specifically mentioned you, knowing that you live away from them."

"Now how am I supposed to go back peacefully?" Dahlia replied.

Suho had nothing to answer. At least they were already at Dahlia's place to cut off the conversation.

"Dahlia." Suho called before she closed the doors. "Everything will be okay."

Dahlia smiled slightly. It was the first positive thing she heard ever since what happened to Hae-joon. She closed the doors and Suho drove away. As she went inside their place and closed the door, she let out one more cry.

"Dahlia..." Suho's thoughts as they were driving home. "Please stop crying. I hate seeing you cry."

Single border png 2 » PNG Image

I keep on forgetting to update. I'm so sorry for that! I'll try to follow a regular schedule so that the story won't be left hanging. ^___^ Thank you for reading!