Chapter 3

Unexpected Fate

Single border png 2 » PNG Image

The meeting ended. One by one the staff began to leave. But ever since my song was chosen one person had not made a move. Not even a single inch.

His eyes could melt my soul. All I could do was look down or at my team.

"Well hello." I started. "This is odd."

"Water?" Suho offerred me. "You haven't made a sip ever since the meeting started."

"Wow you're pretty." Xiumin stared at me in awe. "I'm surprised you didn't become an idol."

"My interests are a bit complicated." I replied. "So I guess we will have to work on rearranging and writing better lyrics for your song?"

"It's still your song." Baekhyun said. "And please don't look down on yourself. We can all feel it. It's going to be a great song. Especially when it's made by someone as lovely as you."

I smiled at their compliments. That's when I felt Suho move. He started to stand up and walk towards me.

"I hope that we get great work in these coming days." He said as he reached out his hand for a hand shake.

I nodded and lightly shook his hand. I can feel my ears flush red. This man standing in front of me. I've never met him personally. I would only stay here for the holidays, helping my team in arranging music and choreos, help in training the trainees. I've never been close to the artists until today. It's not even my birthday.

"EXO hyungs!" Dong wook called from the door. "I heard from your manager that you're free. How about we hang out at our place?"

"The duplex?!" Chanyeol shouted in excitement. "Wow! I've always heard of your place! Suho hyung let's go!"

Suho was looking at me once more. It was as if he was asking my permission. Our home is a famous story to tell in the company. The girls and the boys share two different units for the second floor, and the first floor would have the kitchen, the living room, and even the music room. All of these were not sponsored by the company, but bought by Hae-joon, our team leader. Most SM artists would spend their time there whenever they get into a complicated situation. But since I've barely been in the country, I never get to meet them. I guess this is my first time.

Four of the members of EXO agreed to come. All were excited to come to the place. It was a healing place inside the city. I do get it why the EXO members do get excited.

"Junmyeon." Suho mutterred as he stepped out of the van. "I think it's better if you call me that way. You seemed to be intimidated in the meeting a while ago."

"No I wasn't." My eyes were fixed on the ground. "It's just that it's a bit overwhelming. You're not the ones I usually meet when I come to Seoul."

"Dahlia." Hae-joon called. "I've put your luggage in your room. You can unpack first. We'll call you when food has arrived."

"Reliable oppa." I smiled at him. But that still didn't take off the awkward air I feel with Suho.

I went upstairs and stayed at my room for a while. Among my team, mine had the plainest background. I never had the time to decorate it with my always short stay. It's the smallest room out of the place. But I didn't mind as long as I had my own personal space. Or so I thought...

"Still starstrucked?" Haera suddenly opened my door. "Look it was Haejoon's plan to put the song there."

"So it was all planned out?" I asked her.

"Sort of." She replied. "It was the 'chosen' way for you to get closer to them."

"To get closer?"

"To EXO."

"What? Why me?"

"It's a long story. I don't really know any details that much too. Haejoon and Hana know more. All I know is that, you're not an ordinary person to EXO."

"Hae-joon called." Hana came into my room as well. "Dinner's ready."

We went down and saw all seats were occupied. Hana and Haera took their places and all I was left to sit at was beside Suho. I still couldn't look at him in the eye.

The dinner was fun. With Chanyeol and Baekhyun around, the awkward air between Suho and I was not noticeable. From the dining area to the living room. Everyone did enjoy the night. I stayed at the dining area where I could see a proper view of the people having fun. Haejoon approached me.

"It's good to be back huh." He started.

"You surprised me there." Referring to the "mistake" of placing my songs as a title track candidate.

"It's the least I could do. They have the closest comeback approaching. I could've asked SHINee but their comeback preparations are already complete by the time you came back."

"So you remember?"

"Yes I do. SHINee and EXO are your forever favorites. NCT are like your brothers. But SHINee reigns them all in your heart."

"What do you mean the least you could do?"

"I get to hit two birds in one stone. I get to make more people happy." He smiled and left to join the fun in the living room.

"Won't you join them?" Suho asked as he replaced the space Haejoon left.

"Nah, I'm tired."

"What's it like?" He carefully asked this question. "Living your life?"

"What makes you curious?"

"I heard it from your team. You had really great talent, you can even be the first in your country to debut as an idol. But why chose a more difficult path?"

"I don't think you can say it's not as difficult as yours."

He nodded in agreement.

"I could've left this a long time ago. I was beginning to be satisfied with my choice in my country. But then I see my team. They were my second family. The minute I decide to tell them I'm not coming back, I unknowingly book tickets for a vacation in Seoul. If working in another field other than studying medicine counts as a vacation."

"I'm glad you always come back."

"What do you mean?"

We were staring at each other's eyes before we even realized. Amidst our conversation, Haejoon was looking at us. Smiling. Satisfied. As if he has done his job well.

Single border png 2 » PNG Image