Chapter 1

Unexpected Fate

*This story is based on the education system of Philippines when K-12 was not yet implemented. If others will be confused. ^_^

Single border png 2 » PNG Image

It was year 2014, we still couldn't get over the craze on Growl. I've been a fan of EXO since their comeback, and my friends helped me put away my shyness through them. We loved making dance covers and it was used as our past time. We are at the end of high school though, after these 4 years we will get to open another chapter of our lives but we all know that we would always have this connection. As long as EXO is here, our youth will never be forgotten.

"Hey Dahlia, the music video for Overdose is out!" screamed my friend in the middle of lunch time.

"Oh yes I've seen it Nini. That was the first thing I saw in the morning."

"How come you've always been the first at these type of news. By the way I have something to tell you..."

"What is it?"

"Remember the online auditions SM have promoted? I uhm..."

"What? You sent them our video for fun?"

"Uhm... yes..."

"You did what?!"

"Look here me out would you? The talent's so much wasted. It wouldn't hurt trying right?"

"Nini, my parents and I have decided that I'm taking medicine. Plus, you are the one who has a great talent in dancing."

"I don't know Nini, it's okay though. A lot would probably send their audition videos and ours would be straight out in the archive."

High school routine: Classes, going home and doing homework, then spend the rest of my days watching in my computer. I don't know since when did I love such men but they sure did help me be inspired. I was really more of a fan of SHINee, but then my classmates had introduced me to EXO and now I love them both. It was like I was witnessing the peak of kpop.

One morning another friend of ours opened the door of our classroom crying.

"Guys... Kris... He is leaving EXO."

"WHAT?!" Nini and I shouted.

"Look at the article here. He is filing a lawsuit against their company." She showed us her phone of the heartbreaking article.

"Wait?! Aren't they candidates for the winners in their music show?" I asked them.

"Yes. I think we can catch it live, it's during our break time." Nini answered.

We watched the show from beginning to end. Luckily our breaktime was enough to watch the whole show. But we were left in tears, Suho was there standing strong for s. How painful that must've been... But I was too young to feel what he felt. I just know it was a difficult time.

Single border png 2 » PNG Image

"Congratulations!" The principal shouted as we threw our caps in the air. Then all of us cried, knowing that this was the last day we will be seeing each other. We knew it would be more difficult as we chose different paths. Especially my choice of career wouldn't allow me to have such free time.

I went home and checked my emails. I decided to open the Spam for I was intrigued to see almost a hundred spams.

All subjects were almost the same: Hello this is from SM Entertainment.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I tried refreshing the page and there it was. They really saw our videos. I had a structured plan in my mind, so I decided to reject their request for me to audition. I loved dancing, but I didn't think it was my path. I'm always shy behind cameras, and I got this great stage fright. I could never complete a song without breaking my voice or making mistakes. In short, I knew entertainment was not for me.

Hello this is Dahlia. I'm so sorry for not responding to your emails. I also apologize for not being able to respond to your request to see me perform in person. My friends and I had sent the videos for fun and we never thought of being recognized. But seeing such email from you is already an honor. I hope you find talented artists whose dreams and capabilities are greater than mine.

Sent. Okay, I was slightly regretting it. I blew off the chance to meet my idols but then again I thought that I would get overwhelmed if I accept this.

I was set to prepare for my flight to Philippines. I was living in the Middle East and I decided to move back in our country to study college there. While I was at the waiting area of the airport someone messaged me through my SNS.

Hae-joon Kim: You're wasting your talent though.

Dahlia: How did you find my social media?

Hae-joon Kim: Kids these days. You guys are easy to find. Oh yeah I'm from SM too.

Dahlia: Wow you guys are persistent. I have already sent an email though.

Hae-joon Kim: Yes, I knew that. My teacher told me so. But I'm offering a special place for you in the entertainment world.

Dahlia: That sounds interesting.

Hae-joon Kim: Well my teacher and I are forming a group of young trainers. We are not part of the spotlight. We are a team consisting of composers and choreographers. Someone who would help future artists to shine, eventually we would help them as they debut.

Dahlia: Train the artists? I don't really have any talent for that.

Hae-joon Kim: When my teacher says you are capable. You are capable.

Dahlia: Then who might your teacher be?

Hae-joon Kim: I'll introduce you to him soon. But what do you think?

Dahlia: I'm on my way to the Philippines now. I have to settle my college there.

Hae-joon Kim: Then I'll meet you there in a few weeks. Keep in touch please. Don't worry I'm not a mean person. I'll bring my sister with me so that you'll know our intentions. Can't wait to meet you!

Okay why did I just agree?

Single border png 2 » PNG Image

First chapter complete! Well I still need to make the introduction of the female lead. Maybe in Chapter 2 or 3 I will be able to establish Suho's character already. ^_^