Chapter 02

More Than A Contract

As the long business day came to an end, Sujin grabbed her leather black sling purse and her cell phone, getting ready to return to her humble abode. She locked the door of her office, took the elevator down to the main floor of her office building and was met with two men dressed in suits wearing security earpieces in their ear. Sujin raised her eyebrow at both of them, thinking to herself: 'Why are they here again? I thought I made it clear enough to them that I can come and go to work by myself.' 

"I presume that you're here to take me home?" Sujin inquired. They nodded. "Right this way, Miss Son," one responded. The two security guards led her out of the building to take her to the black van that was parked in front of her building. She opened the automatic van door herself and got herself seated in one of the backseats while one security guard closed the door, and the other got inside of the driver's seat. 

After a short drive from the office building, the driver circled into Sujin's grand mansion. Once the van was parked at the front entrance of the mansion, Sujin sighed as she opened the van's door and got out of the van immediately. 'Luckily, halmoni is the only person home with all the servants,' Sujin thought to herself. 'Eomma and Abeoji aren't home, so at least I can get off the hook from all of their nagging. At least halmoni is a little more understanding than they are.'

"Sujin-ah, are you home already?" her halmoni asks as she emerages from the living room to the front entrance. 
"Yes halmoni," she answered, walking over to her halmoni and walking back to the living room with her. "Have you ate dinner yet?"
Her halmoni shook her head in response. "I wanted to wait for you to come home and eat with me. Without your eomma and abeoji, it gets lonely sometimes when someone doesn't eat with me."

Helping her halmoni settle down on the couch, Sujin heads upstairs to her bedroom to change out of her office attire into simple loungewear that she always wears when she's at home after work. She returns to the main floor of the house, her halmoni now waiting in the dining room for her to take her seat. "Was it busy at the office?" her halmoni inquired. "Not really," Sujin answered. "It was just a regular day, nothing much going on. We're collaborating with Nike and our deadline with them is next month, so we're going back and forth and finalizing a few things." "You can handle all the work very well for someone your age," she responded. "Although I don't approve of their decisions of you marrying someone you barely know, I still want you to get married. However, I at least want you to know the man you're going to marry and I want you to marry someone you'll be committed to."

'At least halmoni is more reasonable,' Sujin pondered. 'She wants me to marry someone I'll have actual feelings for, she gives me time.' "But, I can't argue with your eomma or abeoji. They already made the decision to marry you off in a year," her halmoni sighed. Sujin groaned, stopping herself from slamming her head on the dining table like she usually did when her parents were around.   

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The next morning, Jongho was woken up by his phone ringing constantly. He groggily got up from his bed and glanced at the caller ID on his cell phone, realizing who it was, he answered it immediately. "H–Hello?" "This is Choi Jongho, correct?" Yongsun asked over the phone. "Yes, this is he," Jongho replied. "Congratulations, you got the job to be a part-time staff assistant here," she said. "You will have your orientation this afternoon at 12:30 pm, does this time work for you?" "Actually, today is my day off from training, so I will be available today," he answered. "Wonderful, please come at least half an hour early for your orientation," she responded. "See you this afternoon." 

'How unusual,' Jongho pondered, getting out of his bed. 'I don't get called this early, but they accepted me. Getting this part-time job will help me with my training and living expenses.' Jongho proceeded to the bathroom to freshen himself up, wanting to make himself presentable for his orientation. He then leaves the bathroom and starts dressing himself up in whatever he has in his closet. 

"I should've brought more clothes," Jongho muttered to himself. "The rest of my nicer clothes are back at home, but I'm not going back regardless." Gathering what he had in his closet, he pulled out a black T-shirt with white text on it with a black jacket with white drawstrings along with ripped black jeans. "This is all I got, but I guess it'll work for now," he huffed. Changing out of his shorts and white T-shirt he wore to sleep, he slipped on the outfit he brought out from the closet.

Looking into the long, body mirror in his room, he nodded at the outfit he put together. "This is good enough," he told himself. "Might stop by a coffee shop before going in for orientation." Jongho grabbed his phone and apartment keys, locked his apartment and left his apartment complex. He put on a black surgical mask and made his way over to a nearby coffee shop that was close to the office building. He takes a seat at one of the tables while waiting for the long line by the register to go down, as he scrolls through his phone, he hears two of the chairs across from him pull out from the table. Jongho looked up from his phone and spotted two women sit down across from him. 

"M—Miss Kim?" Jongho asked. "I thought we were going to meet in the office today for orientation." 
"We will, don't worry," Yongsun answered. "I wanted you to meet someone before we go into the office. The young lady sitting next to me is my supervisor's daughter, I'll let her introduce herself."

Yongsun turned to Sujin, nodding at her to give her the green light. "I'm Son Sujin," she spoke. "My unnie told me your name, it's Choi Jongho right?" Jongho nodded in response, trying not to be awkward around Sujin. "Well, to start," Yongsun responded, breaking the awkward silence. "Sujin, can you pull out the form you typed out last night?" "Got it here," Sujin replied, taking out an envelope from her purse. Sujin slides the envelope across the table to Jongho and he gave her a questioning gaze. 

"What's this supposed to be?" he inquired, raising an eyebrow. 
"You'll understand when you read it," Sujin replies. "We'll talk about it more when we get to the office. I'll let you read the paper on your own."

Jongho carefully opens the envelope and finds four pages of paper inside of the envelope. He takes them out and begins reading them on his own quietly.

Page 01: Notice

Choi Jongho,
I don't mean to scare you in anyway, shape or form, but you and I are put in a very similar situation.
And I honestly hate to break it to you, but you're not going to get this part-time office assistant job that you want. 

However, I'm willing to help you out with your situation if you're willing to help me with mine.
For you, your parents don't want you to pursue a career that you want.

As for my case, I'm being forced into a marriage that'll help me earn my title as CEO. 
I don't know who my fiancé is going to be, in short; I'm basically marrying a stranger that I don't even know.

Our situations are similar, you want to pursue a career, but your family isn't supportive of that.
For me, I'm forced to marry someone in order to gain my title. However, I don't want to marry someone I barely know.

I'll give you time to think about this of course, I won't force you to do this at all. 
As for the ways I will help you, it'll be on the second page.

Page 2: How You and I Will Help Each Other

I'll start off by how I'm going to help you first:
First off, you will sign a marriage contract with me. You and I will have to play the role of husband & wife 
in order to convince my family members that I'm capable of what I'm doing.

In return, I will help you financially. You can stop renting your apartment and live with my family and I. 
I will also help you with your trainee fees, I will help you out financially until you debut with your group. I'll also
pay off the debts you have.
Also, don't worry about the whole sleeping situation. I'll arrange a separate room for you to sleep in.

And here's how you're going to help me:
If you sign the marriage contract and play the role as my "husband", you'll help me get out of my arranged marriage.
You honestly don't have to do much, as long as you can convince my halmoni that you're a good husband, then
everything should be fine. 
My eomma and abeoji won't budge even a bit if my halmoni is convinced that our relationship is real, when in reality, it's not.

"So, you're telling me that I have to be your husband?!"