Chapter 03

More Than A Contract

Sujin was quick to cover Jongho's lips with her palm to keep him quiet. Before she released her hand away from his lips, she spoke: "In short, yes. However, we'll work on the contract together. Pages three and four will go through some rules we'll set up for each other on this contract. We can work on them when we get into the office."

Jongho nodded as he looked back at the paper again once Sujin removed her hand away from his lips, he flipped the second page to the back of the third page. He then begins to read it again quietly:

Page 3: Rules

I won't be setting up the rules myself, setting up the rules also apply to you as well. You get a say in what you want or don't want in our rules.
It's not fair if I set the rules up myself since we are both in situations that we don't want to be in. So, I want you to have a say in
this as well.
We'll follow through with these rules that we make for ourselves until this contract is over. 

The fourth page is going to be the rules we'll write out together. And after that, we'll sign the contract. 

"If you need more time to think about it, I can give you that," Sujin said. 'Honestly, the apartment I live in isn't in the best shape whatsoever,' Jongho pondered. 'If I do sign this contract with her, she'll handle my finances until I debut as an idol. And I'll also be helping her out by playing the role of a husband to her...this situation is a lot to think about.' "If possible, can I have a few days to think about this?" Jongho asked. "I know it's a lot to think about," Sujin replied. "I know I put you under the bus, but this is my last resort. However, I'm in no rush whatsoever." Yongsun pulls out a business card from her purse and hands it over to Jongho. "That's Sujin's business card, so you can call her anytime and she can schedule a time to meet up to talk about this," Yongsun explained. "Anytime?" Jongho asked. Sujin nodded. "I'll make arrangements, don't worry about it." 

Jongho nodded as he stood up from his seat, he bowed to Sujin and Yongsun, then said his farewells to them before exiting the coffee shop. As he stepped outside of the coffee shop, he was met by two security guards that he recognized. "..." Jongho muttered under his breath. The security guards approached him, but Jongho took off running as the security guards chased him. 'They really brought security to look for me...great,' Jongho thought to himself as he kept running. Jongho made a few turns into a few alleys in hopes to lose the security guards, he lost them for a moment but continued running. "I have no choice," he huffed. "I don't want to be forced to go back home until my family is supportive of what I'm doing. I might as well take this chance to sign the contract."

Hiding in another alley again, Jongho waited for a moment before the security guards finally left him alone. He came out from the corner and pulled out his phone to dial Sujin's phone number.

"Hello?" Sujin's voice came through.
"Sujin-ssi, it's Choi Jongho," he replied. "Can we talk about the contract today?"
"Yes, please come to the office. I'll have Yongsun unnie wait for you in the lobby," Sujin responded. "Did something change your mind?"
"Uh...let's talk about that when I get there," Jongho said, voice trailing off. "It's a long story."
"Alright, see you then," she spoke, ending the call. 

Luckily, Jongho didn't run too far from the coffee shop that was close to Sujin's office building. Doing a double-take around the area, Jongho snuck out from his hiding spot and walked back to the office building. He entered the lobby of the building and was greeted by Yongsun as soon as he got inside of the lobby. "My apologies," Jongho responded. "I didn't mean to change my mind quickly, but it's a long story." "Oh, no problem," Yongsun replied. "Let's get going so she doesn't have to wait for long." 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"So, you're saying that my little brother ran away a month ago and I was never aware of any of this?!" Yujin exclaimed. 
"Aish, please don't scream inside of my ear," her abeoji sighed.

Yujin rubbed her temples, as if on cue, her eomma came into the living room. "Dear, we were worried that you were going to be busy with your studies," her eomma stated. "If we told you about Jongho's disappearance, then you would've been stressed." "I'm already stressed," Yujin said. "I just came back and I found out that he's been away from home for a month. I get that you want him to follow an athletic path, but that's something you cannot force him to do." "We gave you an exception because you begged us for two years," her abeoji responded. "So, Jongho will be our last choice." "That doesn't mean that you can force him to do what you want," Yujin spat out, getting up from her seat.

"Where can he be of all places?" Yujin muttered to herself as she strolled around her family's outdoor pool. "I'm so worried about him...but the only person who would know about his whereabouts..."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Yeah...long story short, I was chased down by a few of my family member's security guards when I left the coffee shop..." Jongho sheepishly explained. "They've been trying to find me ever since I ran away, and this is my last resort to get away from them." Sujin nodded in understanding. "Since we finished writing down the rules we wanted for our marriage contract, should we start reviewing them before signing it off?" "Yeah," Jongho answered.

They both turned their attention to the single piece of paper in front of them, the rules that they single-handedly came up with for their contract. Sujin and Jongho looked through the paper together: 

Rules:

1.) No skinship
-Sleeping in different rooms, only with the exception of holding hands & hugging.
2.) Cannot call each other names
-No cursing/calling each other bad names. Pet names (i.e: love, sweetheart, honey, etc.) will be an exception. 
3.) Sujin & Jongho are still s
-Both parties never had partner(s) prior or present to the contract.

4.) Once Jongho debuts as an idol & Sujin's family members are convinced in their relationship, the contract will be null & void
-Sujin takes care of all of Jongho's expenses as a trainee & the contract will end from there.

"The rules sound legit enough to me," Jongho said, looking at Sujin. 
"Same here," Sujin replied. "Ready to sign them?"

Jongho nodded, before he grabbed the pen to sign until a tiny buzz from Sujin's office phone was letting Sujin know that Yongsun was calling her. "Sorry. You can read over the contract again if you'd like, go on and sign it," Sujin spoke as she picked up the phone. Jongho nodded in understanding as Sujin answered the phone. "Hey, your ambassador is here," Yongsun responded. "Are you two done discussing the contract?" "Yes, we're pretty much finished with going through the rules and everything else," Sujin answered. "Bring him in." 

Sujin placed the phone back in the reciever as she watched Jongho sign the contract. Once he finished signing his name on the dotted line, she signed her name on the dotted line next to his name. The door to Sujin's office opens and a young man with a slim body and a small face enters her office with Yongsun following behind him. Jongho turned around and widened his eyes. 

"Bae Jinyoung?!" Jongho screeched. 
Surprised to see a familiar face, Jinyoung raused an eyebrow when he saw Jongho. "What are you doing here, Jongho?" Jinyoung asked. 
"It's a long story..." he answered, rubbing the back of his neck.
"You two know each other?" Sujin inquired, interrupting the two.