Chapter 04

More Than A Contract

Jinyoung and Jongho turned their attention back to Sujin, who was waiting on the two for an answer. Sujin motioned Jinyoung to take a seat next to Jongho in the available seat that was next to Jongho. Jinyoung and Jongho looked at each other for a bit before Jongho motioned Jinyoung to explain. 

"I can explain," Jinyoung spoke up. "Jongho and I have been best friends since we were kids. And...believe it or not Sujin-sshi, but I was the one who encouraged Jongho to run away from home."
"Y—You what?" Sujin asked. "Am I hearing things right?"
Jongho nodded in response. "He's not joking. Jinyoung encouraged me to run away from home because of my family."
"Care to tell me why you're here, Jongho?" Jinyoung inquired, crossing his arms against his chest.
 

Before Jongho could speak, he pulled up the papers that were sitting on Sujin's desk. It was the regulations that Jongho and Sujin were going through before he entered her office.

"This is...?" Jinyoung's voice trailed off.

"Long story short," Jongho began. "It's a marriage contract, a marriage contract between Sujin and I."

Jinyoung's eyes widened, snatching the papers out of Jongho's hands and scanning the paper with his eyes. "Relax, it's only for a year," Jongho responded, taking the papers away from him. "As long as I can debut as an idol, then the contract will be over."

"You're making this sound easier than it actually is," Jinyoung pointed out. "What do you mean?" Jongho asked, raising his eyebrow. 

Jinyoung shook his head. "I think you'll probably understand what I mean later. Of course, it's nothing bad but I'm just saying."

Sujin then cleared , taking the papers out of Jongho's hands and motioned for Yongsun to come over to her desk. 
"Jongho and I already signed the papers, now we just need two witnesses to sign the papers," Sujin stated. "Yongsun unnie is one witness, we just need one more."


There was a long pause in the room until Jinyoung spoke up. "I'll be the second witness."
Sujin and Jongho's eyes widened. "A—Are you sure about this?" Sujin asked. "I didn't mean to drag you into this whatsoever..."

Jinyoung nodded to assure her. "I'm doing this on the behalf of Jongho. I was the one who encouraged him to run away from home in the first place, so I'll be the second witness for both of you."
"Promise not to tell my family about any of this?" Jongho asked.
"I promise," Jinyoung replied. "I won't tell anyone about any of this."

Sujin grabbed a pen from her desk and handed it over to Jinyoung. He took the pen and placed the tip of it on the paper, signing it on the dotted line. 

"Who's turn is it?" Jinyoung asked, removing the tip of the pen away from the paper. 
"Mine," Yongsun spoke. "Once my signature is on the last dotted line, there's no going back." 
"Go for it," Jongho and Sujin responded in unison. 

Yongsun took the pen from Jinyoung and began signing her name onto the last dotted line that was blank. Now, Sujin and Jongho are officially married on paper.

"Now that we're married, pack your stuff tonight," Sujin said. "We'll talk to your landlord about terminating your rent contract. You can either move in with me tomorrow or until your landlord decides on a date for you to move out of the complex."
"I think I'll settle on the second option," Jongho replied. "I want to give you some time to get things settled in your house."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Hours after spending time in Sujin's office building and talking things out with his landlord with Sujin by his side, Jongho starts packing up the things inside of his apartment with the help of Sujin. 'Luckily, I brought very little things with me when I moved in,' Jongho thought to himself. 'I didn't buy a lot of furniture either, with the only exception of my bed.' 

"You really didn't bring much with you," Sujin noted. "How did you even survive for this long without much?"
Jongho shrugged. "I mean, I was thinking about moving into the dorms. But, I decided to rent out this apartment since it was in a secluded area. I didn't want anyone in my family to find out where the dorms are and where my company was."
"Fair enough," Sujin replied, folding his T-shirts and handing them over to him.

"Also, how far is your home from here?" Jongho asked, taking the folded T-shirts from Sujin.
"Well, it's a little far from here..." Sujin's voice trailed off. "My family and I own a mansion and we live a little further from Seoul. We do own some apartment buildings in Gangnam, but for my halmeoni's sake, we prefer to live in the mansion." 

Jongho nodded as he continued packing up, within an hour, Sujin and Jongho finally finished packing up his apartment. "So, how am I going to get to your house?" Jongho asked. "I'll have my personal driver come pick you up," Sujin answered. "I'll see you in two days." 

Two days later...

Waiting outside of his apartment complex with a hat and a black face mask, Jongho looked down at his phone, looking at the text messages he exchanged with Sujin. 

Sujin: I told my personal driver the directions to your apartment complex, he should be there shortly.
Alright, does this personal driver of yours have a name he goes by? He knows about me too, right?: Jongho
Sujin:
His name is Minjun, he's about a year or two older than you and I. He's still new to the job since he got hired about a week ago, and yes, I told him about you. He'll be picking you up by 4:00 pm.
Okay, see you at home. :Jongho

A few minutes later, a black van pulled up in front of the apartment complex. A young man came out of the driver's seat and greeted Jongho.

"You are Choi Jongho, I presume?" he asked.
"Yes I am," Jongho answered.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Minjun," he replied. "I can take your luggage into the trunk for you."

Minjun was about to take the duffle bag away from Jongho's hand, but Jongho retracted his hand away. "No need to put anything in the trunk," Jongho said. "This duffle bag is the only thing I have, this can just be in the seat next to me."

Minjun quickly nodded as he opened the back seat of the van, he allowed Jongho to enter the van before pulling the handle to let the automatic door close. Minjun then made his way to the driver's seat of the van and began to drive to Sujin's mansion.