Chapter 01

More Than A Contract

Entering a building that's crowded with several businessmen and women, a tall young man with a muscular-like frame, wearing ripped black jeans paired with a black shirt along with a yellow ochre jacket and black dress shoes walks over to the front desk of the office building.

 

Once he makes his way over to the front desk, he is greeted by the front desk receptionist who's wearing a white button-up shirt paired with a black pencil skirt and a black blazer. "And you are Mr. Choi Jongho, correct?" she inquired. "Yes," he answered. "I have a job interview today here as a staff assistant." The lady nodded as she picks up the phone and calls the HR department to let them know of his arrival. "Please make yourself comfortable, there's a seating area behind you. HR department will be with you in a few minutes," she said. Jongho nodded as he walked toward the seating area of the office building, taking a seat on one of the couches in the seating area. 

Sighing softly, Jongho scrolled through his phone in hopes to kill time. 'Hopefully I can get this job. Apartment rent is coming up and I'm not doing well financially with all this training.' "Choi Jongho," a female voice called his name. He stood up from the couch and he was greeted by another woman, she smiled at him as he greeted her with a bow as she did the same. "I'm Kim Yongsun," she greeted. "I'll be interviewing you today for your application as a staff assistant. So right this way." She gestured to the elevators of the building and pressed the button on the elevator, once the elevator doors open, they both enter the elevator and she pressed another button inside of the elevator that took them to the top floor of the building. 

After the elevator ride, the Yongsun led Jongho to her office, opening the door for him first before entering herself. She closes the door as she gestures to one of the two chairs that were in front of her desk. Jongho takes a seat on the chair as she makes her way to her desk and takes a seat on her office chair. 

"So, how did you find this job?" Yongsun inquired. "Please be honest as possible."
"I was looking through job openings around this area," Jongho answered. "I heard through a friend that your company was having job openings."
Writing down his answer, Yongsun asked him another question. "Why do you want this job? Please be honest with your answer."
"I'm currently training to become an idol,"
he replied. "However, the training takes up a lot of money and I don't have family to support me with my career."

Listening intently to his answer, Yongsun pitied him just by hearing his answer. 'How heartbreaking, he's so young as well and he doesn't have much support. Perhaps, he can be a potential candidate for Sujin for the time being.' After asking a few more questions, Yongsun wrapped up the interview with Jongho. They both stood up from their seats and firmly shook hands. "I will call you again in a few days," Yongsun spoke. "I'll let you know if you got the job." "Alright, thank you," Jongho replied. Yongsun and Jongho say their goodbyes as she watched him exit her office, once he was out of sight, Yongsun sprinted out of her office and knocked on the door of someone else's office. 

"Come in," the voice responded from the other side of the door. Yongsun lets herself in as she was greeted by a young lady with a cold-stone face. She took a seat across from her and handed her a manila folder with the interview she took with Jongho. The young lady opens the manila folder and looks through what Yongsun wrote down about the young man she interviewed.

"Sujin, he's a better candidate than anyone else," Yongsun explained. "He is around your age, you two are only a month apart from each other. He also sounded more genuine and honest than the others."
"So, he's a trainee at the moment, right?" Sujin asked. 
"Yes, he's been training for a couple months now," she answered. "He told me that his idol group should be debuting either six months from now to a year. That's the perfect time period in my opinion."

'We're both in a similar situation,' Sujin thought to herself. 'We're both in sticky situations we don't want to be in, and he seems to be the best one out of everyone else.' "Unnie, please call him tomorrow," she said. "I'll be working on the contract tonight and we'll try and get things settled." Yongsun nodded as she excused herself from Sujin's office, leaving Sujin alone in her office to resume what she was working on.

"I honestly feel horrible for dragging him into this," Sujin murmured to herself. "But I have no other choice if I want to escape from my marriage with a complete stranger. Either way, he's helping me and I'll be helping him in return." 

»»————- ♡ ————-««