Epilogue 1

It's Not Fair (I'm Not Gonna Let It Slide)

*Some of y'all might be questioning it, so I'm telling it here. Both Minhyung and Donghyuck have their own brothers but at that moment they were on a school trip. That's why they were not mentioned before. Have fun reading~ (^O^)v

 

A year after

 

"Mommy! Daddy! LeLe! Look at my fangs! They're fully grown!" The 7 years old Donghyuck comes running in his pyjamas from his room to the kitchen where he knows his family would be. He is proven right as he sees his daddy looking at him from the dining table carrying his younger brother, ChenLe.

 

Last night was a full moon so his fangs had fully grown when he was asleep making him woke up earlier, happier and jumpier than usual.

 

Running to his daddy, "Look at this! Look at this!" He opens his mouth wide showing the Alpha his sharp new fangs. ChenLe wiggles in his daddy's hold wanting to be let go therefore making the Alpha bends down to put his youngest child and moves to inspect the fangs. "Well done buddy! They look nice" He says, giving the younger a high five.

 

"LeLe wants to look!" The youngest says as he touches the fangs in wonder. Worried that his little brother will be poked with the fangs, the older brother says through his wide opened mouth. "Bhe charefhul LeLe hyou khan ghet hurt"

 

Taeil who is putting the brunch on the plate (breakfast don't exist the next morning after the full moon) diverts her attention to her two little sunshines. She loves seeing her two sons' interaction as they will always warm her heart seeing that they care and love each other so much. When LeLe has finished being fascinated with the fangs, Hyuckie runs towards her showing her his fangs. It is very cute indeed. Taeil pinches the cub's cheek lovingly. "It's very handsome baby.." The boy puffed his chest proudly revealing a grin on the mommy's face. "Don't tell daddy I said this but you look way cooler than daddy." Taeil whispered in Domghyuck’s ear.

 

Hearing his mommy's praise, his face glows brighter as he runs to the Alpha. "Daddy daddy!" He makes grabby hands and when the said daddy picks him up and sits him on the daddy's laps. He lowers his daddy's head and whispers into his daddy's ear with Taeil continuously watching the two.

 

When Hyuckie finishes whispering, he pulls away, face anticipating his daddy's reaction. Johnny dramatically clenches his fist at his heart faking hurt. "How could mommy say that you're cooler than me!" Johnny says the words intentionally louder earning a panicked look from Donghyuck. "Daddy shh!! That's a secret!!" The cub says as he covers his daddy's mouth with his small hands.

 

"Hmm?" Taeil flickers her eyes to the duo making Donghyuck startles as he knows his mommy had heard them.

 

Taeil quirks an eyebrow "I thought I told you not to tell daddy?" She says as she strides over to the duo making the younger squirms in his daddy's arm as he tries to appeal smaller and hides his face in the crook of Johnny's neck. "It wasn't me! I didn't tell him!" Donghyuck squeals.

 

Taeil strides over to the duo, each stride making Donghyuck squirms harder. When the oldest is in front of the cub, the cub starts to squeal and squirm even harder.  "It was supposed to be our secret!"  Taeil says as she picks Donghyuck up and tickles him causing a laugh to erupt from the latter.

 

How Johnny loves seeing his family happy like this. He shamelessly continues staring at the mommy and son with a smile etching on his own face until he sees something, or rather someone hitting the back of his husband's knee from the corner of his eyes. "Me too! Me too!" ChenLe shouts as he jumps up and down asking for attention from his family. Upon seeing that, Johnny wastes no time picking up his cub and starts tickling the cub until the younger laughs uncontrollably.

 

When the family of four finishes their tickling session, they sit at their own seat ready for their brunch. The brunch is nice with a few jokes here and there in between the children's story about their friends at school. After that, the parents split between themselves the task of bathing their cubs. Johnny takes the responsibility to prepare Donghyuck because ChenLe still prefers his Mommy for his bath time.

 

At first, things is easier for Taeil because compared to Donghyuck, ChenLe loves showering. Donghyuck needs to be coaxed (sometimes bribed if he's in a foul mood) for him to take a shower and he takes a very short time for a shower compared to ChenLe. And that's where the challenge comes. LeLe loves showering so once he is in the bathtub, he would never want to get out of it. He prefers playing with water, splashing it everywhere and today he is no different.

 

"Baby~ are you done?" Taeil says as she takes Lele's towel and puts it around her shoulder.

 

"Not!" he splashes the water "yet!" and splashes it again making Taeil's shirt wet. The older sighs for the nth time in the bathroom. "Baby… I already took my shower.." She says as she squats down next to the bathtub. ChenLe giggles hearing his papa's defeated voice. Tsk. the audacity.

 

An idea pops up in her head and she is  99.9% sure that this idea will work out just fine. "How about you finish your shower quicker so that we can arrive at Jisung's earlier? How does that sound? Hmm?" She asks as she gives the boy a few nudges.

 

He seems to be taking the bait very well as he automatically stands up with raised hands hearing Jisung's name, making it easier for Taeil to wrap the towel around the younger. Jisung is always the best bait.

 

"That wasn't so long" The daddy who is sitting on the sofa with Donghyuck on top of him comments. " The former grabs the remote control and turns off the television earning a whine from the latter. "Daddy I'm watching!"

 

Ruffling the younger's hair, "Were going to Minhyung's remember?"

 

"Oh right!" Donghyuck quickly runs to the door. He grabs his pair of shoes and wears them in no time. "Come on. What are you waiting for?" Donghyuck seems the most excited and eager at the idea of going to Minhyung's and it didn't go unnoticed by the Mommy making the Mommy restless as she thinks of what kind of plan would her little sunshine have in mind for him to be that excited.

 

"He's just excited to show his new fangs to the Jungs." Her husband says trying to comfort her but Taeil just can't resist the feeling that her sunshine might be planning something that would surely bring her headache. Carrier's instinct or whatever you call them and Taeil is sure worried about it but she tries to ignore those unsettling feelings as the car speeds through the driveway.

 

@-@

 

"Minhyung, haven't you washed yet?" Taeyong asks as she notices the dishevelled look of the younger.

 

The younger sighs hearing the question. "You saw me wash Mama.."

 

That's right. She really had seen the younger wash but why does his hair look like he had just woken up from sleep? She didn't realize that she had just voiced her thoughts out loud until her son lets out a grunt.

 

"I played with Jisung" oh.. no wonder. "Alright understandable." Taeyong is about to mend her son's hair when the doorbell rings leaving her with no choice but to open the door first.  She for sure didn't miss the suddenly bright expression and the way the younger's hand quickly rise up to flatten his messy hair.

 

Taeyong is greeted by a small family of four the moment she opens the door. The two boys each giving him a bellybutton bow just like how they had learnt from their parents. It is undeniably very cute. Opening the door wider so that the family could pass through, Taeyong calls for Jaehyun and Jisung to announce the arrival of the other family. The kids immediately rush inside running to the pile of toys on the carpet in between the sofa and the tv meanwhile the adults move to the dining room but not before Taeyong locks the door.

 

A few moments later, the father and son duo walks out of the corridor. Jaehyun who is holding Jisung in his arms puts the younger with the group of children before joining the others in the dining room.

 

"Morning Taeil, Johnny" He kisses Taeyong's forehead after he greets his two friends. "Hey, sweetheart." He pulls the chair next to Taeyong and places himself on it.

 

"Oh yeah!" Taeil exclaims earning three pairs of raised eyebrows directed at him. "What does Minhyung's wolf form looks like?" Johnny turns to look at the pair in front of him, looking forward to the answer of the question. He's curious about it himself. The face of the couple lights up thinking about Minhyung's wolf form. It was last night when it happened. The full moon completed Minhyung's transformation. Jaehyun's dimples are deep and if Johnny wants to he's sure that he can put a marble there without it falling off.

 

"It's very beautiful" Taeyong starts. "He looks mostly like Jaehyun. White and a little bit greyish with yellow eyes"

 

"He was so excited last night" Jaehyun continues.

 

"It must've been very beautiful. We have to see it ourselves Taeil" Johnny puts his hand on Taeil's thigh gaining the eldest's attention.

 

Taeil smiles at her husband as she places her hand on top of Johnny's. "Definitely."

 

Now it's the turn for Taeyong to ask the question "What about Donghyuck?"

 

Johnny rolls his eyes before answering causing Taeil to wheeze. "He has been bragging about that all day long. Really excited to be here. Must've been wanting to show it off to Minhyung and Jisung."

 

"That's very cute!"

 

"Yeah definitely cute if you're not the one who has to put up with his antics." Johnny shots back, complete with eye-rolls.

 

Smirking, "Don't tell me you didn't enjoy it yesterday?" Taeil says eyeing his husband up and down before turning to look at the pair in front of him. "You know what, yesterday he made up stories like how he was born with the ability to shape-shift when Hyuck asked him about his changes when he was a child"

 

Jaehyun looks at Johnny with an amused look "Seriously? That's like the worst lie ever!" He says, laughing out loud.

 

"Definitely not because he bought it" Johnny defences himself

 

"Yeah because he's still a gullible child. Give him a few more years and you’ll be the biggest joke in his life."

 

"Bet it’s going to take longer than a few years." He says with a smirk

 

"Oh yeah? Should we start a bet then?” Jaehyun doesn't seem fazed at all with what’s happening. He even plasters a challenging smirk after.

 

"You-" before Johnny can finish his sentence, a loud cry comes booming from the living room followed by another one. The first one was Minhyung's and the second one is without a doubt Donghyuck's.

 

The four of them rush to the living room finding ChenLe and Jisung are still holding their toys looking at somewhere on the sofa. Looking at the sofa confirms the source of the voices. Minhyung with a bleeding shoulder and Donghyuck with three claws mark on his left cheek. CHEEK.

 

"BABY WHAT HAPPENED?" Taeil's scream seemed to wake the other from their trance as the others are now following Taeil, heading to their own son. Taeil picks up Donghyuck who is standing right behind the couch. Taeil could hear Taeyong telling Jaehyun to get the first-aid kit.

 

Pointing his fingers to Minhyung, "HE DID THIS TO ME!" He shouts with a new set of tears falling down from his eyes.

 

Feeling unfair on how he is being accused when he is not the one to be blamed "YOU SNEAKED UP ON ME AND BIT ME FIRST" he points an accusing finger to Donghyuck mimicking the younger of the two.

 

Donghyuck definitely hate to lose in any kind of fight and so he says anything that he can think of as a defence mechanism "DADDY SAID I CAN BITE YOU WHEN I HAVE MY OWN FANGS AS A REVENGE FROM LAST YEAR" All eyes turn to Johnny, not catching what Minhyung shouts back. Johnny who might've not been expecting that he would be pulled into the mess turns away clearing his throat pretending he heard nothing. Of course, it has to be Johnny. The idiotic head Alpha that she decided to marry. Why did she even choose to marry Johnny again? Oh right because she was stupider than Johnny.

 

The footsteps of Jaehyun turns everyone's eyes off Johnny. Taeil and Taeyong ignore the sigh of relief that the Alpha lets out. "Enough kids. We'll get you guys treated first and then we'll talk" Jaehyun says in a commanding voice making the children have no option other than stop fighting.

 

Taeil sits down on the couch putting the younger one on his lap. From the corner of his eyes, he sees Johnny collecting Jisung and Chenle in his arms in an effort of distracting the babies. At least he's doing something useful.

 

Donghyuck sees his mommy taking a bottle and pouring the liquid inside on a... cotton? He doesn't know it himself but what he knows is that his mommy is going to get his wound treated. That's the problem. He doesn't want it to be treated.

 

When Taeil's hand comes closer to his cheek, he holds Taeil's hand stopping Taeil in her track. "It'll just hurt a little baby but you're a strong boy, right? I know you can do this" mommy says, smiling as she uses her other hand to pat Donghyuck's head.

 

"I am a strong boy but I don't want it to be treated." he said making sure his voice is loud enough for Minhyung to hear.

 

He can see his mommy frowning. "But why baby? It'll scar if I don't."

 

"I know that. I want Minhyung Hyung to remember that he did this to me every time we meet." Everyone stops in their track as if someone had poured them with iced water from the North Pole. Taeil is speechless. What id going on in his mind for him to be thinking like this? That's it. Taeil never gonna let Donghyuck watch those psycho movies with Johnny again. Taeil blinks a few times before her eyes search for Johnny asking for SOS.

 

Johnny, seeing his stupefied wife, leaves the babies but not before calling Jaehyun to cover him as a distraction for the babies.

 

Johnny sits down next to Taeil. Taeyong having recovered from her earlier shock, resumes her work of patching up Minhyung. Johnny pinches the little one’s cheek lovingly. "What did you say earlier?"

 

"I want Hyung to remember that he did this to me every time we meet!"

 

"Are you aware that he'll feel guilty for doing that to you every time you meet each other?" Donghyuck nods. "Do you know that if someone feels guilty, they'll feel sad as well?" The boy doesn't answer this time. Johnny takes that as a sign to continue. "Can you play with Minhyung Hyung when he's sad whenever he meets you?"

 

Donghyuck lets out a timid “No...”

 

"So let's get your wound treated yeah?" Donghyuck nods eagerly this time showing his injured face to Taeil so that Taeil can do her work easier.

 

Taeil and Johnny chuckle as they watch Donghyuck's change of mood. Taeil didn't forget to mutter a "Watch another psychopathic movie with him and it’ll be the death of you." with gritted teeth to Johnny.

 

Taeil watches her husband grimaces before turning to his little son. “Don’t say things like that ever again okay?” She kisses Donghyuck’s head. “Not to me, not to your daddy, not to Chenle, nor the Jungs, nor your friends nor other people okay?”

 

Her little sun nods understanding her request. “Do you know why I don’t want you to say that?”

 

The boy nods. “It will hurt others.”

 

“Yes, that’s right. And I don’t want you to regret what you said okay? Once you start feeling regret you will hurt as well. And I don’t want my one and only Donghyuck to get hurt because that will hurt mummy and Daddy and Chenle as well. So wipe that frown off your face and I trust you know what to do?”

 

Donghyuck wipes away the tears b in his eyes and takes a deep breath before giving Taeil his brightest smile. “I know mummy! Thank you and I love you.”

 

“Love you too baby.”

 

Taeil moves to clean up the things she used when Johnny turns to look at Donghyuck remembering that he needs to say something to the boy. "Also Hyuck…" That seems to catch Donghyuck's attention as the boy looks up locking eyes with Johnny. "About what I said before.. The one where you can bite Minhyung when you have your own fangs thing.." Donghyuck nods understanding what his Daddy is talking about. "I said that so I can calm you down.. I didn't mean it for you to do it for real. I thought you would've forgotten about that but I was wrong."

 

Seeing the sad look on his daddy's face, he moves himself to sit on top of his Daddy's lap. He hugs his daddy tight as he says "Don't be sad, daddy... I'm sorry"

 

Johnny returns the younger's hug and kisses Donghyuck's head. "No baby.. I should be the one saying sorry. I’m sorry for being a bad daddy okay? I should have taught you better."

 

"No... You're not a bad daddy"

 

Taeil rolls her eyes on the arguing father and son duo. If she doesn't stop the two of them now, the two would be bawling their eyes out saying that they're even more sorry for each other. Cutting Johnny's word, "Stop it you two. Johhny, what you did was wrong and I'm glad that you've cleared it up with Hyuckie, and Hyuckie" Taeil turns to look at Donghyuck who seems much smaller than he originally is "You learnt a useful lesson from all of this right?”

 

The boy nods vigorously.

 

"Now come here both of you and give me a hug!" Taeil says, smiling. The father and son duo comes closer to Taeil burying their faces on each side of Taeil's neck. Like father like son. "Get rid of those sad faces and smile will you" Taeil rubs both of their backs. She smiles feelings the smiles on her skin.