Chapter 1

It's Not Fair (I'm Not Gonna Let It Slide)

Johnny, the head Alpha is having a meeting with the other packs but really can't focus all his attention on what is being said and he is pretty sure his second head alpha can't concentrate either judging by his constant lip bites. He really can't afford to mess this meeting up but what can he do, the shriek and squeals of the werewolf cubs are loud enough to penetrate through the wall and disturb the meeting. Especially when the meeting room is quiet with only one voice speaking.

 

 The head alpha of Pentagon is speaking and Johnny really tries his best to focus on what is being said. "As I was saying-"

 

"HYUCKIE NO! MINE! MINE!!" What usually used to be happy squeals changes into an angry shriek. The mention of his cub's name makes his lips dry. He his lips wet and clears his throat. Smiling, "must be the healer's cubs". He says in an effort to ease the awkwardness. He is not lying though. Just as he finishes speaking, another high pitched voice comes booming.

 

"I WANT! I WANT! GIVE ME!" Oh, that voice he recognizes all too much. To say he is regretting his life decision is an understatement. He is regretting being too lazy to drive to other's headquarter and offering for the meeting to be held at his instead.

 

"Please, continue what you were saying Head Alpha Yan." Jaehyun says louder trying to drown the voices from the room next door.

 

The head alpha opens his mouth to continue his talk "As I was saying-" A loud high pitched cry comes piercing through the room. And then comes another voice. Adult's. "DONGHYUCK NO! DON'T HIT MINHYUNG!" The usually sweet voice is raising a few octaves in shock.

 

Clearing his throat once again to regain his continuously disappearing voice as the crying gets louder. "Haha.. Wonder whose cubs are they... Right Second Head??"

 

Jaehyun perks his head up when he got mentioned. "Right... Haha" Covering the awkwardness with a fake laugh.. Jaehyun goes back to staring at his paper and biting his lower lip. That particular lip sure has been red and plump ever since the voices could be heard.

 

Another set of cry comes booming. A cry that he knows too well- and then another adult's voice. "MINHYUNG STOP PULLING HYUCKIE'S HAIR" Having no phones both Head and Second Alpha, they really have no way of contacting the people next room to say that their voices are pretty loud and clear.

 

No one is even trying to speak anymore and then "GIVE ME DADDY! I WANT DADDY!"

 

And then after a moment, the first adult starts shouting to overshadow Minhyung's loud wailing in an effort to be heard "YOUR DADDY IS HAVING A MEETING. BE PATIENT." Both Jaehyun and him send a glance towards each other's direction. Oh, he really needs something to wet his throat. Just as he grabs the bottle, opens it and puts it at his mouth, he drinks a gulp before "AH! SEO DONGHYUCK! STOP PULLING MY HAIR!"

 

 The mention of the name 'Seo' successfully manages to send him into a coughing fit, almost spluttering all the water he drank. Just as he starts calming down "I WANT JYANI! JYANI!!" He could literally feel the heat rising to his both cheek.

 

 A scrape of the chair makes him look upwards "Well then I guess this meeting will have to be postponed.. The healer's cubs really need their daddies" Head Alpha of Pentagon; Yan An says with a small playful smile as he ushers the other pack's head alpha to stand up and leave. Johnny is sure his ears are decorated with scarlet.

 

Clearing his throat, "I'm sorry this will never happen again.." Thinking back to the things that happened, "Well.. If there's any again that is" gaining some chuckles from the younger head alphas and some disapproving look from the ancient-no-sense-of-jokes ones. He moves to stand by the door with Jaehyun next to him, shaking hands, bowing and saying sorry. The last hand he is shaking though lingers there as if asking him to look up at the owner.

 

Looking up, he is met with a pair of blue eyes and pink-purplish hair. Johnny has always been jealous of the Prince-like visual the other has and the new hair colour just adds to the glow he already has. "Yanan" He smiles. Pentagon and NCT have always be on friendly terms ever since their ancestors' era. Friendly enough to refer to each other using their own names within private spaces. They never fought them. In contradiction, they even have some collaborations here and there.

 

"It's been a while since I last saw the healer's cubs." The younger says smiling. His smile is also beautiful but nowhere near his wife's though.

 

"I'm not exactly lying." he says, scratching his un-itchy nape with his free hand.

 

"Of course. Considering your wife is one." He paused giving room for not one, but now two wails of I want daddy playing as a background. "But you guys are not exactly saying the truth either." he turns to look at Jaehyun "assuming the other is yours of course."

 

Chuckling, "who else's would it be if not mine?" Jaehyun says. He is about to open his mouth to say something more when a "BABY YOU'RE BLEEDING!" echoes through the room, causing all eyes to widen in horror. It’s Taeil's voice.

 

"You really needs to go Hyung. See you soon"  That is all it needs for Johnny and Jaehyun to be rushing to the other room.

 

Soon after the shriek, the door creaks open revealing two very worried looking wives and cubs. "What's going on?" Johnny asks with a frown.