Chapter 2

It's Not Fair (I'm Not Gonna Let It Slide)

Taeyong and Taeil are both out of free-hand as both has a kid in one arm and a box of files and laptop on the other. Taeil struggles as she tries to open the door using the hand that's carrying Donghyuck. They are both too busy to see that the room, unlike all the healing rooms in the building, this room is not soundproofed. That's why they thought bringing the boys here would be a good idea because when the meeting is done, they don't have to walk more distance to meet their spouses.

 

They put their things on the table before putting their cubs on the carpeted floor to play together.

 

 Minhyung and Donghyuck have always been sweet to each other that's why Taeil and Taeyong are not afraid to leave the two alone playing together.

 

 Taeil takes out her laptop and sits next to Taeyong. The younger is sipping a mug of coffee "where would you get that?" She asks as she is sure the younger was very much as occupied as she was just now. Taeyong is not even bothered to speak as she pouts her lips pointing to a direction obviously knowing Taeil is watching her. Looking in the direction, she is glad to find an instant coffee machine on top of the counter.

 

Walking back to her seat with a mug of iced coffee (she prefers everything with ice), "Donghyuck has a fever. Is that okay?" She puts the mug on the table before pulling the seat out and sits.

 

Her question is answered with another question "Minhyung is having his second teething. Is that okay?" The questions are left unanswered as both know the answer already. The older starts typing away few words on the laptop when she registers what the other had said. "Did you said he is having his second teething?" Eyes wide as she asks.

 

The typing from the other laptop stops as the owner turns to look at Taeil, face glowing from happiness. "Yes!! The fangs are showing already!"

 

"Really?!!" Taeil wastes no time as she stands up and rushes towards Minhyung then picks up the cub, holding the cub securely making sure her eyes are level with the boy's mouth. She pushes a finger, opening the boy's mouth as he refuses to let Taeil see and pulling it rather quickly when the boy is about to bite her. Putting the boy down after getting a glimpse of the fangs, "It's cuteeeee" she says earing another beam from Taeyong. She chooses to ignore the smug "look who's the carrier" coming from Taeyong.

 

The shriek, squeal, cackle, giggle and every other sound kids could make keep growing louder and louder. At least they're not crying. She shrugs. She's glad the room is soundproof though, or else everyone in the meeting next door would be as disturbed as she is. Maybe worse depends on the topic they're discussing.

 

Taeil is trying her best to form sentences for her report and she knows the redhead is having a hard time as well judging from the frown that has been constant addition to her beautiful face (Taeil had to admit).

 

As the head and second head healers, it is Taeyong's and hers duty to write the monthly report, but 15 minutes into the report, seeing the three lines makes her heart shatters. Glancing at the other's report, well Taeyong has a paragraph at least.

 

Deciding to give up and staying up late instead of trying for the impossible, Taeil shuts her laptop down after saving her three lines. Three lines are life-changing after all. Don't look down on them. They could decrease the number of Taeil going to bed by a few minutes. She is emptying her coffee, ready to join the kids when a high pitched voice screams "HYUCKIE NO! MINE MINE!!" She lets out a sigh seeing her cub trying to reach for Minhyung's tiny basketball's ball.

 

Donghyuck pushes Minhyung making the latter falls backwards. "I WANT! I WANT! GIVE ME!" The younger crawls on top of Minhyung to reach for the ball but before he could do so, Minhyung kicks Donghyuck's making the younger falls sideways.

 

Afraid that the fight will get even more violent than it already is, she puts her mug down walking towards them to separate the two. Her eyes widen when Donghyuck reaches for a metal car around Donghyuck's fist size and throws it at Minhyung's head. She would give her cub a compliment for hitting the bullseye if the target wasn't Taeyong's cub’s head. A loud wail penetrates as Taeil shouted in shock, without her realising that her voice is raising a few octaves. "DONGHYUCK NO! DON'T HIT MINHYUNG!" Taeil runs towards the kids and sits in front of Donghyuck blocking Minhyung from the youngest's sight as she clears the surrounding from anything that could cause further harm.

 

The loudness catches Taeyong's attention as she looks up hearing her cub's wail. She saves her work and shuts her laptop down as fast as she could when Minhyung speeds around Taeil towards Donghyuck, still crying on top of his lung and bites Donghyuck with full force using both teeth and fangs, hand raising to pull Donghyuck's hair from behind. Taeil is too busy clearing the toys to realize that Minhyung is missing from his original spot. A slap from Donghyuck makes Minhyung's loses his bite on the younger but his hand remains.

 

Taeyong missed the biting and slapping scene but his jaw definitely dropped seeing his cub pulling the youngest's hair like that for the first time and she too, voice raising few octaves, "MINHYUNG STOP PULLING HYUCKIE'S HAIR" making Taeil turns around just in time to see her own cub reaching for Mark's hair as Taeyong tries to release Minhyung's grip on Donghyuck. Taeil quickly makes her way to help Taeyong. But both cub's grip is too strong that makes both adults worry that they might really pull each other's hair out. Both cub's wailing is getting louder and the adults' headaches are rapidly increasing as well.

 

After a few unsuccessful tries, they finally get to separate the two. Taeil hugs Donghyuck close and pats her cub's head to calm him down. "GIVE ME DADDY! I WANT DADDY!" Taeil feels like crying. Why would he ask for his daddy now out of all time he could ask for? When his dad is busy handling a meeting.

 

 "Daddy has a meeting. He'll be back soon" She says. But the boy in her arm doesn't seem to have heard her. Maybe the kids' voices drowned hers. So she takes a deep breath and says in a definitely louder voice. "YOUR DADDY'S HAVING A MEETING. BE PATIENT."

 

The boy really can't seem to hold his horses as he keeps thrashing around to get away from Taeil. She swears her little one could be the sweetest angel and during times like this, he could even transform into a little devil.

 

"AH! SEO DONGHYUCK! STOP PULLING MY HAIR!" She screams when she feels a tiny fist grabbing her hair and pulling it with forces that Taeil thinks could pull out her conscious mind as well. She grabs the younger’s fist trying to stop the cub from pulling any more of her hair but the cub really won't release his fist, keeping both of Taeil's hands busy. One carrying the little one and another one making sure her hair will stick to her scalp and no longer be pulled.

 

"I WANT JYANI! JYANI!!"  Donghyuck screams, still trashing violently. His free hand slapping Taeil's right cheek. Taeil swears if everything that is happening doesn't stop now she would go crazy and this pack will have to appoint a new Second Head Healer and she thinks Taeyong would have a headache trying to fill in that position.

 

She opens her eyes to look Donghyuck in the eyes when she notices the thick red substance trickling from his cub's arm. She lets go of Donghyuck's hand that is grabbing her hair and grabs the other's arm instead. She lets out a loud shriek when she realizes what the red substance is. "BABY YOU'RE BLEEDING!"

 

Soon after the shriek, the door creaks open revealing two very worried looking husbands/daddies "What's going on?" Johnny asks with a frown.