Chapter 3

It's Not Fair (I'm Not Gonna Let It Slide)

"What's going on?" Johnny asks after he pushed the door open. He scans the room seeing the half cleaned toys. At the back of the room, Taeyong is cradling a crying Minhyung in his arms and in the middle of the room, stands his wife looking like a... a... well, mess. Her hair sticks in odd directions with a fistful of her hair in the tiny little hand of Donghyuck's. Taeil's other hand is grabbing Donghyuck's and oh! The sharp eyes of werewolves will never miss the thick red blood oozing down his cub's arm.

Johnny dashes forward as his cub makes a grabby motion with Jaehyun hot on his tail heading straight to his own wife. When Johnny is in front of Donghyuck, the latter finally lets go of Taeil's hair. God bless Johnny. She has never been this touched to see his husband.

Johnny picks up his cub examining the bite mark. Donghyuck is no longer crying and Minhyung seems to be calming down too. "Come here. I'll grab some meds." Taeil says pulling Johnny by the elbow as she walks to her bag that's perched on the desk she was using. She passes a few pieces of cotton to Johnny and the latter takes it, opens the pack and dabs cotton at the blood.

"What did you do baby? You were so loud" Taeil who is rummaging through her bag looks at Johnny with an alarmed face. "You heard?? Aren't this room-" she looks around to make sure the room is indeed soundproofed but instead her eyes widen in horror realizing that the room is nowhere near being soundproofed. She lets out a gasp. "How was the meeting?" The smaller but older ask focusing her attention on the Alpha.

Johnny smiles "Postponed. Come on Taeil. It's still bleeding." He says as he continues to press the cotton on the wound to avoid more bleeding. "What got him bleeding though?" Johnny asks as he sees his wife making her way towards them.

Brushing her hair aside, "Let me look" Taeil inches closer to see the wound. It is unmistakably a cub's bite mark with two deeper wounds at each side. He lets out a chuckle after showing the mark to her husband. "Must be Minhyung. He's second teething."

The name Minhyung however catches the youngest attention even before Johnny could make a reaction as Donghyuck starts trashing again calling for his daddy causing Taeil to mumble a "stay still" through gritted teeth making Johnny's hold on Donghyuck firmer.

"Daddy! Daddy!"

"Yes, baby?"

"Hyungie did this-" He shows his now perfectly plastered arm. Being the Second Head Healer, Taeil has always taken pride in her first-aid skill. "-and this!" He reaches out and grabs a fistful of Johnny's hair but not really pulling it, Taeil notices. She's not salty at all. it's just that werewolves notice everything and by everything, she means everything. Including when the youngest quickly release his grip on his daddy's hair when his daddy seems to understand what he's trying to say. Yeah, she's not salty. Totally not.

Johnny nods as a sign he's listening "But baby.. I saw you did this-" Johnny takes a few strands of Donghyuck's hair between his fingers, but not pulling it "-to mommy" Upon being mentioned, Taeil busies herself packing her things, ears tentatively listening to the conversation between the father and son.

Donghyuck's face turns into what seems like guilt. "I didn't mean to do that" He mumbles.

Eyes still focused on his cub, "Really?" The father asks.

"I-I only did that so I could get away.." The cub is now playing with his fingers, eyes downcast.

"And why is that?" His voice is still soft.

"So that I could see you"

"I thought I heard mommy telling you that I had a meeting?" Taeil almost choked on her saliva. If Johnny had heard her, it will only mean that the others heard her fine. And that people, is what she calls embarrassing.

"Yeah.. but still.."

"Have you apologized to mommy?" Johnny Donghyuck's hair.

"I will.. after this.."

Seemingly satisfied with the answer, Johnny hums. "So why did you wanted to see me?"

The youngest's tone changes from a depressing tone to an annoyed-angry one. "Becauth of this!" He shows his plastered arm once again. "Minhyungie hyung did this!"

Johnny's eyebrows frown in confusion "But mommy is a healer. Why would you need me?" Taeil who has finished packing her things stands next to her husband seemingly interested in the topic.

"Daddy has big fangs! You can bite Hyung." Both his parents laugh hearing that.

Taeil pinches her cub's cheek lovingly. "I can't do that baby." Johnny says kissing the other cheek. Hearing what his daddy said, the cub pouts. "Why not?"

"I'm a big boy and Minhyung is a small boy" Johnny explains. "It's not fair if I bite him."

The youngest quickly comes up with something to make his father bite Minhyung "But this is not fair too! Hyungie has fangs but I don't" Donghyuck's eyes sparkles hoping that his daddy will buy the excuse.

Johnny puts a finger to his lips pretending to contemplate what his cub had said "How about you eat a lot so you grow bigger? Then, you will have your second teething in no time. When your fangs grow, you can bite Minhyung back yourself"

Taeil slaps Johnny's shoulder disapproving what the taller had said causing Johnny to yelp as he was caught off guard. "How could you say that?! You're not supposed to teach him those kinds of things!" He whispered-yelled.

"At least that's better than having me biting off Minhyung." Taeil rolls her eyes at the poor excuse. Johnny leans in to give a kiss to Taeil's lips in an effort to cheer up the older. "He'll forget in no time, babe." He says after he pulls away.

Looking at his son, Donghyuck seems to be really contemplating the idea though and it's really not helping Taeil to calm down. For all he knows, her little sunshine could be a devil in disguise sometimes.

At the back of the room, Jaehyun and Taeyong are walking towards them with Minhyung in the former's arm. "What got him bleeding hyung?" The youngest amongst the parents, Jaehyun asks as soon as they are face to face. Seeing Minhyung, Donghyuck turns his face back-facing the Jungs. Not willing to see the face of his attacker. Chuckling, "Minhyung bit him." Taeil says as she shows the plastered arm at the other two.

It seems to be new information for both of them as they turn to look at their cub right away "Did you bit Donghyuck, Minhyung?" Taeyong asks as she looks at Minhyung with a frown. Minhyung doesn't look like he will answer the question but after a few silent seconds, Taeyong only receives a short "yes" as an answer. Taeyong's mouth gapes open hearing the answer. "Why- say sorry Minhyung" Jaehyun turns around so that Minhyung is facing the Seo family.

"No!" Minhyung says as turn to the other side burying his face in Jaehyun's shoulder.

"But baby-"

Before Taeyong could continue, Taeil interferes quickly. "It's okay Taeyong. They're both sensitive right now with one having a fever and another one teething." Taeyong's doesn't seem to be accepting the general idea quite well so Taeil continues, "Talk to him first and then we can make them say sorry the next time they meet. How does that sound?" Taeyong nods her head in the end, agreeing with the oldest's idea.

They say their goodbye before both family heads to their own car.

Taeil settles himself next to the driver's seat with Donghyuck on his lap still quiet. Maybe because he's feeling guilty, but the cub really refuses to be separated from his mommy. Johnny starts the engine and drives away from the headquarter to their home. When they stop at a traffic light, the kid turns to look at Taeil. "Mommy?" Taeil hums as a reply. "I'm sorry" The toddler fiddles with his fingers just like when he was in Johnny's arm.

"Why is that?" She asks even though she's pretty sure she knows where the conversation is going. It won't hurt to make sure right?

"For doing this-" Taeil tenses when she sees Donghyuck's hand reaching for her hair but instantly heaved a sigh of relief when Donghyuck pats her head instead of pulling her hair. "-and this" the toddler cups Taeil's cheek with his other hand. From the corner of his eyes, the eldest could see a smile forming on his husband's lips. The couple's heart melt hearing their baby and Taeil could feel the butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

Taeil nuzzles their noses together. "Sure baby. Just don’t do it again okay?". She smiles as she earns the eager nods from her little cub. Shortly after, she remembers the blockbuster she witnessed earlier. "But can you promise mommy something?" The cub nods eagerly willing to do anything for his mommy's forgiveness. "You are not to throw any metal car or any toys for that matter at Minhyung. Okay?"

Before the cub could produce any reaction, the daddy already beats him to it. "He did what?!" Johnny is glad that he is not much of a drama queen compared to his little Donghyuck because if he is, he bet his four fingers that he would've stepped on the brake when he heard that his son threw a car toy at Minhyung. Metal one at that y'all.

"That's why I didn't push Minhyung to apologize because I know he only did that because Donghyuck threw that metal car at his head." Taeil chooses to ignore Johnny's loud gasp of Oh God. His little sunshine however acts like he didn't know that Minhyung had been hit with a metal car toy. This rascal. "That's why I think we need to talk to them first before making them apologize to each other without actually meaning it.”

Johnny really loves hearing Taeil's reason for her everything. It is always sensible and fair. That's why whenever he ha a headache dealing with his job as the Head Alpha, he seeks for the older's advice and thoughts. So far, Taeil's idea had always been great. Just so you know, he's not only saying this because he's whipped. Yes, totally not because of that but Taeil is really admirable as a person and he is glad that Taeil falls for him instead of anyone else.

Johnny decides to take the lead and calls for his cub. "Hyuck?" The latter replies with a hum. "Can I know why did you hit Minhyung's head with a metal car toy?"

Upon being asked directly, the cub can no longer pretends to know nothing. "He kicked me."

"Why did he kicked you?"

'Ooh interesting question.' Taeil thought. She looks at her cub waiting for his reaction. At least he has the decency to look guilty. "I... I pushed him.." The cub seems to start fiddling his fingers as if is the most interesting thing in the world currently.

"Why did you pushed him?" Johnny's voice is still as calm as ever. Taeil finds it endearing how her husband can be so calm and collected when it comes to things like this. Taeil can feel herself falling deeper into the endless tunnel of Seo Johnny and she knows nothing will be able to stop it, as dangerous as it sounds.

"I wanted to play with his ball but he didn't want to give it to me.. Mommy said we have to share but he didn't want to. That's why I pushed him. I just want to play with the ball for a bit." When the boy finishes talking, his eyes are already b with tears.

Taeil can't help but silently coo at her cub's cuteness. She wipes the tears even before they could fall off his face. "I did tell you to share." Donghyuck looks upwards returning Taeil's loving gaze. "But that ball is not yours. It's Minhyung's. He has the rights to share it with you or not."

Donghyuck's eyes frown in confusion. "What do you mean by he has the rights?"

"It means.." Johnny answers "that Minhyung can decide whether or not to share the ball with you, sunshine."

"But that is not good! We have to share and play together!"

Ruffling Donghyuck's hair, "It is not good, baby.." Taeil says. "But you cannot push him like that because he doesn't want to share. That ball is his. You get me?"

Donghyuck, albeit reluctant, nods understanding what his Mommy and Daddy had said. Yawning, "I’m tired". Donghyuck rubs his eyes as he rests his head on Taeil's chest, eyes slowly shutting close. But he didn't miss the soft kiss he feels on the crown of his head before going off to dreamland though.

Two weeks later the two boys meet again. Minhyung hugs Donghyuck and gives the latter the ball that he wanted to play so much with after saying sorry.

Donghyuck happily accepts the ball saying that he was sorry for starting the fight and showed that his hand had perfectly healed as he held the older's hand heading to the swings together.