-Knows.

We're brothers, right?

"You will be there, right?" Jong-In asks, his gaze landing on his best friend, eyes glistening with hope.

"I-I'm not sure." the Chinese male replies, fiddling with his fingers.

It has been 2 days. 2 days when Lu Han found out about his 'mother wanting to meet him'. To be honest, the thought was quite dreadful, after all it has been 12 freaking years! and instead of the love the male wanted, he got abandoned.

"Lu Han, you said you'll be there to cheer me up from the crowd! and now you're breaking our promise!" Jong-In says, absolutely frustrated by his friend.

"I-I'm s-sorry Jong-In.... It's just that s-something came up and-"

"You know what? Just don't come." with that, the younger male stands up from his chair and leaves Lu Han, alone in the canteen. Sighing for the nth time, Lu Han gets up as well, taking his untouched lunch with him and throwing it on the bin. 'I don't know what to choose'

Secretly from his usual table, Se Hun's gaze follows Lu Han exiting. When the older is gone, he sighs and leans back at the seat; making himself comfortable.  Noticing the unusual behaviour, Yixing nudges the younger in the side, his eyes filled with worry.

 

----

 

It was their last lesson of the day.  Lu Han would secretly look up to his friend, but the younger wouldn't even pay attention, ignoring mostly.  His tired gaze averting towards the window, Lu Han sighs.

Jong-In is angry at him. Who wouldn't be? After all he was the one who promised the younger that he will come to the school talent show and support him, but now, the older didn't know which path to choose. It's either Jong-In and his promise or...it's either meeting his mother tomorrow.

 

----

 

"I'm home" he calls, even though knowing that there is no one. Their mother would be at work at this hour and Se Hun would be at sch-

"Welcome back" startled by the familiar source of voice, Lu Han places his hand on his chest; reassuring himself that it is okay.

"You scared me Se Hun. I thought you were staying behind after school" making his way to the couch, the older takes a sit. Ignoring the question, Se Hun just shrugs his shoulders and walks toward the empty space-which is diagonal to Lu Han-

"I met Jong-In today." the younger says, eyes landing toward the older male.

"W-What did he say?" Voice trailing off, Lu Han asks cautiously.

"He was not being the he used to be, which surprisingly annoyed me." half-heartedly chuckling, Lu Han eyes the younger, hoping the younger wouldn't know the reason.

"Is there any problem?" Lu Han asks when he notices Se Hun's unreadable expression. Worried and confused the older male furrows his brows.

"I over heard your conversation with umma" the older's mouth turned into the shape of an 'o'. "-it's kind of bugging me. Well a lot."

"I-" his voice unstable, Lu Han looks down on his- now perfectly healed hands- , as he fiddles with them.

"A-Are you going to meet your mother, tomorrow?" it seems like a rhetorical question, as if signalling that the younger didn't wanted to hear the dreadful answer.

"To be honest... I don't know." lying down onto the couch, Lu Han covers his eyes with his forearms. "I just don't know." he mumbles.

 

"Don't you want to meet her? Ask her questions?" Se Hun suggests, leaning back on the sofa. Throwing a chuckle, the older smiles bitterly.

"Why do you ask? Do you want to get rid of me that badly?" as soon as those 'harsh' words leaves the elder's mouth, Se Hun stays still; processing what the older had said just now. If only Lu Han had his eyes on the younger, then he will see the hurt expression plastered on Se Hun's handsome face.

"Does Jong-In knows about it?" the younger asks, trying his best not to lose his mask.

"No, he doesn't." exhaling a breath of relief, Se Hun closes his eyes. "Se Hun." opening his eye lids, the said male watches Lu Han.

 

Tears sliding down from his temple and eventually disappearing as it mixes with his caramel-brown hair; Lu Han silently cries, biting his lower lip to hold back the sobs.  "I-I'm s-scared." the younger doesn't do anything, after all it's Lu Han's choice, but in the back of his head, something tells him to say something to the older, comfort him and-

Se Hun's trains of thought comes to an end when he feels his phone vibrate. Fishing his phone out, he checks the caller ID. Yixing. Looking toward Lu Han, he sighs and picks up his phone call.

 

---

 

"Do you want something else?" Sooyoung asks, taking a bowl of rice. Lu Han just smiles and nods his head. "Se Hun ah, how about you?" Se Hun shakes his head as a no.

Silently getting up, the younger takes his dishes. When the younger leaves for the kitchen, Sooyoung smiles at the sight of hungry Lu Han.

"Is it good?" she asks, which results a violent nod from the younger. Chuckling, she ruffles Lu Han's soft caramel hair. "Yah, you need to dye your hair again, black roots are showing off." she says, eyeing the black roots and scrunching her face in distaste.

"Umma." Lu Han pouts, whining a little. In response, the elder pinches his cheek. Sighing, Sooyoung smiles softly, running her hand through the soft hair, then caressing it back to his porcelain skin affectionately.

"Just be ready tomorrow. We'll head to her approximately at 8am, okay?" Sooyoung informs Lu Han, which the male just nods his head. "I'll better watch on Se Hun now, you go get ready to sleep." his mother gets up from her seat and takes the dirty dishes towards the kitchen.

 

---

 

Just like the usual nights, they used share the same bed, but not today. Lu Han sleeps on his room and vice-versa.

Lu Han couldn't sleep, tousling around for what seems like ages, he ruffles his caramel locks angrily. Lying on his back and staring at the plain white ceiling, he starts his train of thoughts.

 

In Se Hun's room, the younger sighs, lying on his chest comfortably. It is midnight, but there was no avail of sleep. Texting his hyung, Yixing, the younger hits the 'send' button and waits impatiently for the other's reply.

After 8 hours, Lu Han would be gone to meet his biological mother. After 8 hours, who knows if the older would ever come back? While his mind is clouded with possible questions, his eyes starts to give up; he drifts off to sleep.

 

---

 

Like usual, the family eats their breakfast in a comfortable silence.

Se Hun prepared in his school uniform and Lu Han on his casual skinny jeans and a plain white t-shirt; nothing fancy.

"You know-" the younger starts off a conversation when their mother disappears to the kitchen. "-it would be much better if you tell Jong-In." Lu Han stops eating.

Looking up to Se Hun, he gulps the saliva that had just formed on his throat. "I will, don't worry." Lu Han mumbles a reply. 

 

---

 

"Have a nice day Se Hunnie." his mother wishes, as she embraces him on her arms. 

 

"I'll be going." he mumbles, as he eyes the older-who is busy packing some home-made food on a container- and clutches the hem of his shirt tightly.

Before turning around and leaving for school, the younger lets out a long breath before calling out for Lu Han's attention. "L-Lu H-Han h-hyung, b-bye." in response, the older blinks for a few times; processing the unusual behaviour of Se Hun and soon, his blank face turns into a warm expression, smiling at the younger's comment. 

After 12 years, the younger says it.

 Rushing towards the younger male, Lu Han widens his arms and envelops them with Se Hun's body. Closing his eyes and inhaling the familiar scent, Lu Han's smile never fades away.

Sooyoung watches them in awe, as she witnesses the two brotherly love. Smiling, she silently leaves the two alone.

 

Se Hun couldn't help but recall the first warm embrace they ever had. It started with a 'Thank you!' and ended with an awkward silence, now, it's time for a goodbye. "Goodbye hyung." he whispers, as  he tightens his grip on the back of Lu Han's plain white t-shirt; signalling not to go, ever.

"Se Hun. Will you come with me?"

 

----

 

Jong-In and Yixing, both skips their first lesson practicing their dance routine for the talent show.

Throughout the dance, Yixing notices the uncomfortable aura from the younger, as he seems to forget some parts of the dance moves and even not doing the knowing moves properly. Yixing sighs and stops the loud music.

"What's wrong?" he asks, sitting down on the wooden as he pats the empty space beside him. Jong-In sits down and wipes his face-covered with sweat- with his black tank top.

"Nothing. I'm alright." rolling his eyes, Yixing looks ahead at the mirror.

"First Se Hun and now you. What the hell is up with you guys!" the older groans, ruffling his own hair, annoyed. "-he was talking about his brother leaving them and-"

"Wait, What?!" Jong-In furrows his brows at the new information. 'Lu Han leaving?' and before Yixing could repeat what he had just said, the younger goes off to the corner of their room-where their belongings are- and shuffles through his bag; fishing out his phone from the outer pocket.

 

Jong-In waits for approximately 8 minutes, before he hears his best-friend's voice.

"Jong-In?" 

"Why the hell didn't you told me?!" the younger yells, as he runs his fingers over his black hair furiously.

"I-I , how did you k-know?-" Lu Han is interrupted.

"W-Where are you going?" he asks, as his voice cracks.

 

"T-To my m-mother." biting his lower lip, the younger tastes a metallic substance; blood.

 

"a-re you c-coming back?" again, it sounded like a rhetorical question. "Lu Han, please come back, y-you have to see my performance and you-"

 

"Lu Han hyung, we're reaching the  next destination." on the other line, Jong-In hears Se Hun's voice. Stunned, he ends the call.

A drop of tears roll down his cheek, as he feels...somewhat, betrayed?

"Jong-In." he hears Yixing's voice, who pats the younger's shoulder. "It's going to be alright." with his soothing voice, he tries to calm the younger.

"L-Lu Han didn't t-told me and he's l-leaving me!" and that's where he breaks down. Those were not tears of sadness, instead, they were streaks of anger. Quickly embracing the older, Jong-In cries and cries; revealing his hurt.

"Sssh.. It's okay." Yixing draws imaginary circle on the younger's back and comforts him. However Yixing can't help but think about the confusing situation.  'So, Jong-In is friends with Lu Han and the 'brother' Se Hun was talking about was...Lu Han.'

 

---

A/N- Hallelujah! I finally updated and gave you guys this boring-less HunHan- over drama- and long(?) chapter! So... I'm really sorry! Even though I had HunHan moments on my head, this chapter was more suited at angst (?), but the next chapter will be more happy XD In this story, Jong-In and Yixing also plays a major role (I totally ship them together XD) so... Yeah XD And Thank you so much for the awesome comments (don't leave Hannie) and the first story that I reached over 600+ , so I'm super thankful!! And like I always say, Please comment and Subscribe~

 

Oh and here's a gift for EXOtics-- its a wallpaper i made for a thank you!