It Was Like Nothing Happened

Everything Happens For A Reason

RECAP:

We glared at each other while tightly gripping onto each other’s hands. I was looking forward to what would happen in the future.
--

Your POV

I deeply inhaled and fixed myself as I stood in front of my first class’s door. Yemi was in here. The second I walk into that door, my nightmare will begin. She was definitely going to get some sort of revenge. I closed my eyes and did a small prayer before opening the door. My head snapped towards where our seats were. But what surprised me was…

“~~~~!” Yemi called from her seat, with a smile. I stared at her with gawking eyes. “E-Excuse me?” I tried saying.
She shook her head and walked over to me. “Silly, ~~~~,” She laughed. “You don’t sit by the door. You sit here,” She pushed me down into my seat.
I looked up at her with startled eyes. “W-What are you doing?” I asked her. She tilted her head with an innocent look. “What do you mean?” She asked.

I opened my mouth to say something but the teacher came in. She patted my shoulder and went to sit in her seat. I looked up at her and she gave me a small smirk. My fists tightened. What kind of joke was she trying to pull?

I was cautious the whole day, wondering what Yemi would do to me next. She was in three of my four classes this semester. How great was that? Well, I’ve survived the whole day. The last bell rang and it was time to leave. I walked down the stairs, wanting to quickly get home. Man, there were a lot of stairs. I stopped above the last five flights of stairs to look at some fliers that were stuck up onto the walls.

“Hey ~~~~!” I heard someone squeal. I turned around and Yemi was running towards my direction. I stood up straight and prepared myself.
“How was your day, ~~~~,” She asked. I just blinked at her. “Why do you care?” I asked her, tightening my hold on my bag.

She looked around. There were no people here. Why was she doing this?

“I just wanted to know,” She pouted. I gave her forced smile. “It was absolutely GREAT,” I turned around and was about to take a step down the stairs, when someone tripped me.

I rolled down the stairs. My head spun and I felt my ankle burn in pain. I definitely twisted it. When I stopped rolling, I groaned and tried to stop the spinning. I was so dizzy and my ankle hurt like hell. One of my classmates helped me stand up as I tried to get up.

“OW!” I yelped as she stood up me up. My ankle was numb and painful. I bit my lip as the pain slowly grew.
“~~~~!” I heard Yemi scream. I looked up and saw her running down the stairs with surprised eyes.
“ARE YOU OKAY?!” She panicked.

I felt the anger boil in my veins. I wanted to slap her so badly. I knew she tripped me.

“Thank you, you can go,” Yemi nodded to my classmate.

My classmate looked back at me and I didn’t want her to leave. I looked at her with scared and panicky eyes. What happens if Yemi does something bad to me?

“Run along,” Yemi said. She finally left. I looked up at Yemi. “I knew you tri-,” She shook her head and covered my mouth.
“Stop talking! Look at you! You’re hurt!” She yelled. I glared at her and twisted out of her hold.

I tried to walk but my ankle stung with pain when I tried standing on my right leg. I almost lost my balance, but I quickly leaned against a wall.

“I can take you home,” Yemi said, grabbing my shoulders. I looked up at her and glared at her. “It’s okay,” I hissed.

I slowly, but carefully reached down to grab my bag. But Yemi kicked it away. I glared up at her and she just whistled. I let out a pissed sigh and went to grab it again. I finally reached for it and stabled myself with the near-by wall. I gave her one last look before slowly heading to outside, using the walls for support. How could she do this to me?

Good thing I didn’t take my car today or I’d have to drive it home. I took a taxi home and hoped my parents weren’t home. To my luck, they weren’t. I slowly went to the refrigerator to grab an ice pack. Then, I slowly made my way to my room. When I hit the bed, I let out a painful hiss. I rolled up my jeans and noticed a huge purple bruise. I closed my eyes in remorse. I shouldn’t have talked to her. I knew she would have been up to something! I sighed and gently placed the ice pack onto my ankle. I shivered and let out a loud hiss. It hurt really badly.

Why does this have to happen to me? What did I do to Yemi? It was just a JOB! You can always find another one!

My cell phone started to ring. Great. Who was it to worsen my mood?

“Hello?” I whispered, not wanting to let them know I was in pain.
“~~~~-shi?” I heard someone ask. “Yes, who is this?” I asked, biting my tongue not wanting to yell at them if they knew it was me on the line.
“It’s Jaejoong,” He said.

END OF POV