The Contract

Everything Happens For A Reason

RECAP:

My eyes widened. Contract?!
--

Your POV

What the hell?! CONTRACT?! No one mentioned this to me before! I have to sign a stupid CONTRACT? Before I could say or do anything, I quickly read the contract over:

1. Be on time for all performance, events, shows, etc.
2. Respect one another with the same amount you show to your family and/or relatives.
3. Not responsible for any health concerns that are caused by work.
4. All relationships are only to be related to work; therefore relationships CANNOT go further than working partners.
5. If one breaks at least one of the rules above, he or she will suffer the consequences appointed by the opposite party.

It was short and to the point. WHAT WAS THE POINT IN THIS?! All the members have signed it, while there was an empty line, waiting for my signature. I looked at them in disbelief.

I glared at them with a weird face. "Why should I sign this?" I crossed my arms.
Jaejoong gave me a light smirk. "Don't all idols do this?" He asked me. "So we don't get into any TROUBLE with you," He emphasized.
I snorted. "Are you scared that I’ll ruin your career?" I questioned. His eyes narrowed.
I stood up. "Look, I only came here to try this job out," I explained. "I don't want to get involved with your silly schemes," I faked a chuckle. "And I absolutely won't sign this," I hissed into Jaejoong face.

I made my way to the door until Changmin grabbed my arm. I turned around and gave him a look. But he didn’t look as cold and mean as the others. He looked calm and gentle. I relaxed a bit.

"Let’s talk this over,” He convinced. I thought for a minute and gently nodded.

I sat back down, while cautiously looking at the members.

“So will you sign it or not?” Junsu asked, with a yawn.

Great. Kim Junsu has an attitude too.

I thought about it for a minute. “What’s in it for me?” I asked.

END OF POV

Kim Jaejoong’s POV

I’ve never met such an innocent girl who can be so stubborn at the same time. These were just general rules! How hard was it to sign it? When I saw Changmin drag ~~~~ back to the table, I didn’t say anything. To be truthful, Changmin never really agreed with this. We had to literally beg and force him to sign this. I didn’t know why, but he was always like this. He never liked forcing people to do things they didn’t want to. I couldn’t blame him, he WAS the “maknae”, also known as the youngest.

“So will you sign it or not?” Junsu asked, with a yawn.

Maybe he was being so rude because he was tired. I didn’t know. His mood swung every single day. He can be innocent and cute at times…but he had his bad days.

~~~~ thought about it for a minute. “What’s in it for me?” She asked.

I leaned in towards her. “This contract is nothing,” I truthfully said. “It’s basically just rules to follow so we can all live happily,” I said.
She laughed. “Happily? When I have to follow these rules like my life depends on it?” She questioned.

My eyes narrowed again. Why was she so stubborn?

“Look, ~~~~-shi,” I gave her a small smirk. “We all know you don’t exactly like us. And to tell the truth, we don’t admire you that much either,” I said. “If you sign this, we’ll all be happy and this contract-,” I tapped the sheet of paper. “-can be good for you and me since we can’t mess with each other’s lives,” I said.

She sat back in her seat and crossed her arms in thought. After a minute, she sat up straight.

“If I sign this, nothing happens unless one of us breaks the rules, right?” She asked. I nodded. “Yes,” I said.
“If you break one of these rules, I can order you to do ANYTHING I want you to do right?” She smirked. I let out an annoyed sigh. “We’ll see about that,” I whispered to myself. “Yes, you’re right,” I calmly said.

She quickly grabbed the pen and swiftly signed it. She slammed the pen onto the table.

“There,” She stood up. “Happy?” She asked with a fake beam. I nodded and gave her a quick, but fake smile.
I also stood up and held a hand out to her. “Hope we’ll work well in the future,” I said.
She looked at my hand before softly placing her hand into mine. “I hope we do too,” She said.

We glared at each other while tightly gripping onto each other’s hands. I was looking forward to what would happen in the future.

END OF POV