Chapter 13: My Colleague 1 walks a mile in my shoes

My Colleague 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Byulyi totally regretted exchanging the concepts of their performance outfit. She wanted to cradle her head and scream when she realised that it was so difficult to look like a female fatale. The look that Solar rocked effortlessly on stage was obviously all a well-elaborated act that her girlfriend got used to. It took her a long time, including advice from Hyejin before she dashed off to perform her solo song first, to get into the performance outfit.

She did not even want to look at herself in the mirror when she moved stiffly around the dressing room before she sat down. She grabbed the talcum powder that she found in her lover’s bag and put it back, glad that at least Yongsun packed it. Could she even dance in this thing? It was sticking in extremely uncomfortable places and the material was so stiff. Her regard for her lover soared at the thought that she could handle this material and would not be complaining like her. She reached for a USB fan and turned it on to cool her down. She perspired buckets so she needed this to keep cool.

Well, she had no one to blame herself since she issued the challenge to Yongsun.

Kim Yongsun entered the dressing room, whistling a familiar tune happily that sounded like the tune she composed. “Crinkles, I must say that this is a refreshing change for me—” Her eyes widened dramatically as she covered with both hands at the sight of a grumpy Moonbyul cooling herself down with a handheld fan. She swore under her breath as she averted her gaze sharply. “D-d-did you see yourself in the mirror?” squeaked Yongsun, her voice cracking. She fanned herself with a hand. Why was the room so hot? Was it because of the bomber jacket that she was wearing?

“Squishy, you’re very red,” observed Byulyi and she was worried. “Is it the jacket? It should not be that bad. I mean you’re wearing a cotton top inside.” Her cotton top, too long to be considered a crop T-shirt, had intricate silver design to give it a sophisticated feel. It was matched with leather cargo pants and accessorised with a chain much like the early Millennial fashion.

Yongsun leapt two paces away when she felt her touch her forehead gingerly.

Byulyi raised a brow as she shifted her weight to a side of her hip carefully. Her lover was behaving extremely strangely. She studied Yongsun clothes and was in awe at how cool she looked in it. Solar had the charisma to wear most styles of clothing.

“It’s not the jacket,” mumbled Yongsun, peeking slightly through the gaps between her fingers diffidently at Female Fatale Moonbyul. She shrieked before she turned away rapidly. “Holy ! I can’t! Bloody hell!”

Why was her lover behaving like a banshee? Was her appearance that bad? Her eyes narrowed. She behaved the same way when she danced to a certain favourite cadence of her. Her stomach coiled painfully. Maybe, she should look at the mirror and see what she could salvage?

“Solar-unnie, you need to preserve your voice before the performance,” pointed out Byulyi, running her hand through her hair distractedly. "Your voice might cracked at the high notes." She shuffled back to her seat, trying to get used to the stiff material. With every step, her admiration for Yongsun rose. It was clear that Yongsun would take a while before she was ready to look at her.

“Yong-unnie, where is the party? Holy !” gulped Wheein sharply when she caught sight of the rapper sitting absently in the seat, cooling herself with a fan. She swallowed visibly, looking at Byulyi as if she were a stranger. “Byul-unnie?” hesitated she before she dashed to the rapper. Her gaze darted between Yongsun who was hiding in a corner and her. “Holy , you and Yong-unnie exchanged your concepts!”

“I know right?” demanded Yongsun, grabbing to Wheein’s arm like a lifeline. “It’s not revealing but holy .” She fought the draw to look at her.

Wheein held on to her tightly. “Stay strong, Yong-unnie. Maybe, you should take a walk before we are called on stage. It’ll help you to get into the game.”

“I am going to have to see her on stage,” huffed Yongsun, squeezing her cheeks together before she righted herself. “And dance next to her. I need to get used to it.” She took several deep breaths to calm herself.

Byulyi glanced at the Angel line, exasperated. “Please tell me that I look OK. Bloody hell, I didn’t dare to look at myself in the mirror. And, is there a problem with this material? I realised I can’t move as freely.” She rose to her feet slowly, missing the usual agility that came with the rapper. It meant that she had to be more careful with her dance moves on stage. She would rather wear the Teletubbies suit again, at least that was cotton inside.

Yongsun stared at her intently, drinking every inch of her hungrily. She did not expect Byulyi to look so ravishing in a leather catsuit that clung to her every wonderful curve. Her body was indeed a wonderland when she displayed it this way. It did not show any skin, but it made her recent attempts at building muscles look exceptionally good. She was curvaceous at the right areas and all Yongsun wanted to do was to leap at her and devour her completely. Blush rose from her chest to her cheeks as her mind filled with all the things she wanted to do with her when they were alone. Unbidden, she her dry lip.

Byulyi meeting her heated gaze, shied away immediately, suddenly feeling very frightened of her lover. She recognised that look of her lover at first glance: Yongsun the crazy ert. It made her want to dive behind a door and take cover from her intense hungry gaze that caused her heart to race. “I think you should go for a walk to cool off.” Her cheeks were coloured pink as she scratched it absently.

Wheein giggled adorably at the sight of her Byul-unnie blushing. Oh! Adorable was an incredibly good look on her cool unnie. Her dimple deepened as she skipped to herself to poke her pink cheeks playfully. “You look hot. Very hot.”

“This is Solar-unnie’s concept. I am sure she will look better,” defended the rapper finally, before she shifted awkwardly. Her lover was unbelievably beautiful, something that she was intimately familiar.

“I am sure Yongsun-unnie would look fantastic, but we’re used to the idea of her trying bold concepts. I think it is the reason why unnie is having trouble breathing when she saw you in this.”

Byulyi was obviously losing her nerve. She was shifting uneasily between the balls of her feet. “Too much?”

Wheein bit her cheek. “No?”

“Baby, I am starting to regret,” muttered Yongsun huskily, shaking her head lightly. “I think we’re going to have a long talk about this.”

Byulyi’s eyes widened dramatically as she pointed to herself. “Wait, did you just use an endearment? Great, I think I broke Solar-unnie.” She brushed her hand through her shoulder-length hair distractedly.

Wheein looked confused. “Why wouldn’t you use an endearment?” She studied their dressing room and found it to be empty. “When you’re together,” whispered she as she shielded her lips with a hand dramatically so that only the rapper could see her lips.

The rapper gestured to her and herself airily. “It’s too much. It’s fine if we’re playing around but no endearments.” She s her arm into a large ‘X’ as she shook her head ardently. “Yeah, no endearments.”

“You’re weird,” commented Wheein, confused. “You address each other by your names?” She was curious about the dating lives of her unnies. “Friends use endearment for each other too, you know?”

Byulyi arched a brow. “Serious? What do you think will happen if I try to use an endearment on her?” She jerked a thumb at Yongsun who was standing on the opposite side of the dressing room, putting as much distance between them. She was doing some sort of calisthenics. Where did her Yeba get all that energy?

Wheein considered the question before she chortled brightly. “Knuckle sandwich!”

Byulyi reached gingerly to pet her on her shoulder. “Our Wheein-ah so smart. I like your hat. Your leather outfit is nice.” She wanted to reach to touch the hat, but she decided against it because it was placed on her hat in an angle.

Wheein brightened immediately at the admiration. “I took a feather from Lady Gaga’s hat.”

“MAMAMOO, please be on stage.”

Byulyi sighed loudly. “This is a moment for eternity. If I ever wanted to exchange concept with Solar-unnie, please knock me unconscious in the future.”

Wheein shook her head. “You’re overdramatic, Unnie.” She gave her encouraging look before she grabbed the rapper to drag her behind her. That was a good move since Yongsun seemed to be intended in marching off to a certain doom and preventing herself from catching too many looks of her lover.

Hyejin joined them at backstage, her eyes wide when she caught sight of the rapper. “Oh, I love this! “squealed she breathlessly. “Oh yeah! The rapper line is gonna set the stage on fire,” gushed Hyejin excitedly, putting an arm around Byulyi carefully. “Since it is your first time in a leather catsuit, you must remember not to move too violently because the material is quite rigid.”

“I wish Solar-unnie told me that instead of staring at me,” mock-complained Byulyi as the dancers got into position. “Thankfully, you taught me how to wear it.”

Hyejin leaned in and whispered into her ear. “I am certain that by the end of tonight, our unnie might want to claw someone’s eyes out. Shall we have a bet?” She wiggled her brows playfully. She was aware of how the dancers were staring at her unnie.

“That’s a er’s bet,” countered Byulyi petulantly. “I’ll stay close to you for the rest of the night—”

Hyejin immediately lifted her hands to form a ‘X’, shaking her head violently. “Please have mercy on my soul. Unnie is terrible when she is enraged.”

“Stop fooling around and be in positions,” snapped Solar when she realised the two extremely hot members of the rapper line were still whispering to each other. The sight of Byulyi dressed so seductively and clinging to Hyejin just ticked her.

She could not explain the blossom of irritation.

Immediately, all the members of MAMAMOO snapped into their positions, their feelings all forgotten, only ready to bring the best performance to the awaiting audience.

Hyejin ought to be fortune-teller because Solar-unnie did stare daggers at some girls’ wolf-whistling at her when Byulyi walked past them along the corridor as they headed to the sitting area.It was an extremely uncomfortable experience for Byulyi who wasn’t used to this feeling of exposure. Apparently, their swap of concepts was noted instantly when they realised that the Conservative Moon was dressed very daringly while the audacious Solar was dressed coolly. All the members of MAMAMOO were adept masters at performance so most were not surprised that they did a change to liven up their performance. When they received their award, the MC had commented on their outfits after taking another long look at Byulyi. The poor rapper had to draw all her strength to maintain their usual cool façade as she laughed it off to hide her awkwardness.

It was a bold concept for her, she shouldn’t be surprised that everyone was taking an interest.

Their introduction of the group was bizarre and very out of synchronisation since the two older members flanked the younger members. There was the problem of the height which meant that they had to adjust both microphones so that they could speak into them.

After a performance, and hours of waiting in the sitting area, Solar-unnie had at least finally managed to emerge from her strange moods and stopped undressing her lover with just her eyes. Her acceptance speech was short and appropriate. Wheein leaned in to add more to express the group’s gratitude better, so that they would not draw fire for being so distracted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter