CHAPTER 30: HER VOICE DISAPPEARED FOREVER…

THE TRUTH

 

Super Junior-Thank You

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Rico helped her to stand.

 

“Thank you” “You’re welcome” Saeran coughed.

 

“You two will pay for this” Leeteuk was holding a sharp machete. He tried to pierce Rico when Saeran stood in front of her and pulled her away. The machete made a deep cut on Saeran left arm.

 

            She held onto the wound. Blood rushed out from the wound. She winced. Rico putted her hand on her wound.

 

“Thank you for saving me but you shouldn’t hurt yourself” she said. “It’s okay”

 

“Both of you! Watch out!” Zack yell. They looked to the front. Leeteuk was going to pierce Saeran this time.

 

“You’re not going to hurt my friend!” Rico protectively stood in front of Saeran.

 

“Rico!” everyone shouted her name. The sharp machete stabbed her body. Blood came out from her body rapidly. She fell to the back but Saeran caught her. Both of them flopped down.

 

            He tried to kill Saeran again but out of nowhere Dongho came and beat him. He snatched the machete and stabbed him. Dongho went to Heechul and beat him up until he let go off others. Other members of SJ and Teen Top don’t dare to disturb.

 

“Rico” Saeran called her while crying. Rico was on her lap. She touched her cheek. Everyone else rushed to them.

 

“I’m very happy to protect you and I’m sorry for not able to accompany you anymore” Rico said.

 

            Hoon had a déjà vu of his past.

 

*L hyung said the same words too* Zack and Zico held her hand. Both of them were crying. “We’re sorry”

 

“Tell mom and dad that I love them so much. Don’t blame yourself for not taking care of me. You’re the best twin ever” the triplet hugged each other tightly.

 

            Dongho came and held her hand.

 

“Why are you saying like that? You’re not going to die” he did all his best to save her. “You don’t have to nurse me, Dongho” she held his hand. His hand was shaking badly. He cried.

 

“I’m sorry for kicking you all this time” Dongho just smile.  “You’re the best kicking buddy I’ve had” She laughed a bit but then coughed blood.

 

“Saeran, I want you to have this” Rico looked at her. A small dragon shaped fire curled her hand.

 

“His name is Tom. Take care of him” the dragon curled on Saeran’s right hand. “It doesn’t feel hot at all” “Tom, please protect her for me” Rico said to the dragon. It nodded and disappeared into Saeran’s hand.

 

            Rico saw the whistle that she gave to her. She touched it.

 

“Can you blow this when I died?” She just nodded a bit with tears in her eyes. “Thank you everyone and I’m sorry for causing you trouble”

 

“You’re not a burden at all. Beside, we thank you for present in our lives” Minwoo said. She smiled with tear dropped from her eyes and looked at each of her friends face.

 

“Saeran, I’m sorry. I’m going to sleep, okay?” she held her hand. “I love you” Saeran whispered. “I love you too” was the last word that Rico said before she closed her eyes forever.

 

“Rico” Zack and Zico called while crying. Saeran hugged her tightly for a while and put her down. Zack caressed Rico’s hair and Zico held her hand.

 

            Saeran sat near the sea. She took the whistle and blew it loudly while crying. Her clothes were drenched with Rico’s blood. Minwoo sat beside her and hugged her.

 

“She’s gone. All my loved ones had gone” she said between her sobs. “I know. Just be patient okay? You have me and your entire friend here” They let go off each other. Hoon came to them and held her hand. He whipped her tears. She tried to smile and ran her hand to cut on his face.

 

“Please don’t hurt yourself anymore. I don’t want anyone to leave me anymore” He nodded a bit. “I don’t think I can fight anymore too”

 

            Siwon came behind Dongho and pulled him up. He punched him.

 

“That’s for killing our leader” Siwon continued to beat him without Dongho fighting back. Hoon went to Siwon and punched him. Dongho flopped down. The two fought. Hoon collapsed. Siwon started to kick him and the rest of Super Junior joined. He didn’t fight back.

 

“Stop!” Saeran shouted. They paused.

 

“Hand us the treasure or I’ll kill him” Yesung stepped on Hoon’s leg. “Argh!” he yell in pain.

 

“I don’t know what the treasure is” “Okay then” he kicked Hoon more. *Hurry Saeran! Think! All your friends can’t fight anymore!* she thought and tried to look for something in her pocket.

 

*What’s this?* she took out the object. *Mirror? But I didn’t bring it* She threw the mirror to Yesung’s head.

 

“ you!” his head is bleeding. *Maybe the mirror is too heavy* she ran and grabbed the mirror.

 

*Wait!* she looked at herself in the mirror and remembered the riddle. *Lost in dark night* she looked up. It is night. *Need some light, to show the way to right. This mirror does need light to reflect* She looked at others but no one and nothing moves. It’s like the time had stop and she is in a completely different dimension.

 

“What happen?” she asked herself. The mirror glowed and an image of an old man appeared. “So you’re Saeran” he said. “How do you know my name?” “I’m the one who found this island and I’m you great grandfather” “Really? Hello” “You don’t have to be too formal. At last you find this treasure. Such a clever girl. I discovered that the mirror is the main source of all powers in this island” he explained.

 

”Oh. Can I ask you something? What should I do now?” “It’s easy. You can either crack this mirror or let the pirates conquer the island” “Crack this mirror? But wouldn’t all powers gone?” “No. As long as you crack this mirror on this island”

 

“Actually the pirates don’t exist. They’re just spirits who’s greedy to own the treasure. The sprits copied these young men bodies and powers that are actually living in other island to seize the treasure” he added.

 

“So-“ “So the boy who had just die didn’t really die. That just the spirit. They’ll vanish if you crack this mirror” “Some of them is not pirates”

 

“Oh. That. They just had been possessed by the spirits” “For all these years?” He nodded. “They tried to free themselves from the spirit. And have you meet the guardian of the treasure?” “Yes” “It has been how many generations. I didn’t remember. I gave order to their ancestor to protect the treasure. After this battle is over, you keep this mirror safely and they’ll guard it from afar. Don’t forget to thank them for me okay?” “Okay” “You such a sweet girl. Just like your mother”

 

“Well, now I can go in peace. Take care of yourself and other okay?” “It’s nice to know you” she smiled. “I have a favor to ask” “What is it?” “Can you say to my mom and dad, guardian and my best friend that I love them?”

 

“Of course dear. Bye” “Bye” The old man image disappeared and the mirror turned into normal.

 

            Saeran lifted her head. Everything turned into normal back. Yesung approached her but Hoon grabbed his leg.

 

“Someone has a death wish” he kicked Hoon. “Hey! You want the treasure right?” she shouted at him and showed the mirror.

 

“Here it is” “Mirror? I can’t believe it’s easy as that” he walked to accept the mirror but Saeran threw it onto the floor and stepped on it until it cracks. “No!” “That’s for hurting my friends and killing my loved ones” she smirked.

 

“Damn it!” Super Junior lunged for her but she just stood with her arm crossed on her chest. “You’ll never get me” All member of Super Junior vanished including Leeteuk.

 

            L.Joe shook his head.

 

“What’s going on? Where am I?” he looked around and saw Hoon lying on the floor. He ran to him so does other Teen Top members.

 

“Hoon, are you okay?” he was on his knee, looking at Hoon. “What are you trying to do?” Soohyun tried to stand and kick them but Saeran held him down.

 

“Don’t worry. They’ll not harm him. Look” they looked at them. Changjo helped Hoon to stand. Hoon walked to Saeran and smiled at her. She smiled back and hugged him.

 

“I’m glad it’s over” “Me too” “But how do you know how to defeat the pirates?” “Well…actually. I’ll explain later”